It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detained New Zealander Saw Activist Shot in Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Detained New Zealander Saw Activist Shot in Head

www.nzherald.co.nz

New Zealand activist Nicola Enchmarch says she saw a man shot in the head by Israeli forces after they stormed the Gaza-bound aid ship she was on.

She said the activists were acting defensively while the Israeli forces were menacing and aggressive
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm sure the witness reports will begin to flood in now of exactly what took place onboard the Aid Flotilla.

This moment will live in this womans mind forever, and in the lives of family and friends of the killed activist.

What I would like to know is, if the Israeli forces were really acting in Self Defense like the Israeli Government /President have said, then why did they not just subdue the culprits, instead they killed them in full view of others.

It will be interesting to hear more eyewitness accounts like these as the days go on.

www.nzherald.co.nz

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thank you for the upload. We live in troubling times and whatever the future holds for our world i am sure that Israels destiny is interwoven with a much bigger vision. All of these incidents cannot simply be the act of an arrogant government, i believe something more sinister is afoot.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I agree, I think the worms are going to come out of the woodwork now, seeing that these people are back home and able to tell their stories freely

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Would Israelis act in this fashion if it was not the policy of the government? Is there a poll somewhere how the average Israeli on the street feels about this?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I did see a story the other day saying how the american jewish community were appauled by the Israeli actions.

g

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I believe we need to be balanced and put away our predjudices on this matter.
Lets all be honest, we all know the flotilla was a provocative act?
Israel is in a very difficult position and I respect them , lets all just wait and get all the facts first?
All nations have done this sort of thing have they not?
Lets judge with balanced minds and fair hearts?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

What I would like to know is, if the Israeli forces were really acting in Self Defense like the Israeli Government /President have said, then why did they not just subdue the culprits, instead they killed them in full view of others.

www.nzherald.co.nz

Maybe because, lets just suppose, they were getting smashed in the head with steel pipes while outnumbered 10 to 1?

You're not serious, you can't be. You write well, in complete sentences, which implies intelligence. It goes like this:

Israeli boarding party lands on ship, with plenty of warning and NEWS CAMERAS ROLLING(DUH!, cue to protesters to put the weapons down!) to search for the usual HAMAS party favors like RPGs, automatic rifles, and ammunition for same. When these soldiers armed with paintball guns are greeted by response teams armed with pipes, knives, and at least one firearm, guess what happens? The use of force model goes from "resistance" to "deadly" in an eyeblink. The soldiers throw the paintball guns down, produce real bullet-shooting sidearms like the venerable 9mm Browning Hi-Power and commence to even the odds.

Very quickly the tactical advantages of ranged weapons handled by trained professionals gain the upper hand over blunt instruments wielded by clueless dopes that think they can kick ass because they've seen badly-dubbed copies of Lethal Weapon countless times. Sucks to be the clueless saps in this scenario, but isn't that the way of the world? Darwinism distilled to the most fundamental level.

Protesters, "freedom fighters", and whatever else the Israel-haters of the world call themselves these days can cry foul all they want; Fact of the matter is that the modern itieration of Zion wil defend herself with or without the blessings of the world at large. You'd do the same if you and your family's survival is at stake. You're a liar, a fool, or both if you claim otherwise.

[edit on 6/3/10 by ConserVet]

[edit on 6/3/10 by ConserVet]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ConserVet

If indeed they were attacking the Armed Forces with Steel Bars or whatever weapons they could find and were outnumbering them, it would be no different from any other protest that has turned violent anywhere in the past.

The Army should have been equipped to handle it, without using live ammunition to kill.

Rubber Bullets?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Rubber bullets? Seriously? A fine idea if you're buttoned up inside a nice armored vehicle.

In a close-quarter situation physically surrounded and cut off from friendly forces, non-lethal weapons like sim-munitions and pepper spray are ineffective against physical waves of attackers. The Israeli boarding party did what they had to do. It was a matter of survival, no more and no less. Once the decision was made to board that ship the die was cast, because the protesters had already determined their course of action.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ever heard of riot gear and rubber bullets? Other countries have used these to great effect WITHOUT resorting to maiming and killing innocent activists in

INTERNATIONAL WATERS.

Please, enlighten us all, why is it that we have reports of people dying and being shot in the head when these Israeli soldiers were supposedly carrying paintball guns? Hmm? I suggest you chew on that one for a while eh.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yes, Rubber Bullets and Riot Gear have been successfully used in Numerous Close Riot situations forever. The British Police have held off rioters tonnes of times without even needing rubber bullets.

At the end of the day what were Israeli Troops doing even boarding a ship that was filled with innocent Civilians carrying aid to Palestine in International Waters?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConserVet
Rubber bullets? Seriously? A fine idea if you're buttoned up inside a nice armored vehicle.

In a close-quarter situation physically surrounded and cut off from friendly forces, non-lethal weapons like sim-munitions and pepper spray are ineffective against physical waves of attackers.

Riiiiiiiight....

So then all those times police have used rubber bullets, pepper (capsicum) spray and riot gear succesfully in massive protests such as, oh I dunno maybe the London G20 Summit for starters.......all that was for naught?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/869e820c6031.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Kryties]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well if in fact they, IDF, had to use force to defend themselves why was a bullet put into someone's head? Wouldn't a body shot be effective in disabling them, stopping them from attacking? Then they, the victim, could have a chance of survival? A head shot isn't really appropriate is it?

Has anyone heard about the release of the bodies for independent autopsies?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AltraVision

I agree. Even if they had live ammo, they could have just fired into the air to warn the people, or if they had to, stick a bullet in the leg of someone as a message.

But they still should not have been on the vessel.

g

[edit on 4-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I agree as well and if at the very least it could have just been handled differently without death IMHO. After this I started hearing about the corruption of the Israeli gov't and how it goes about enforcing it's belief. Their actions speak louder than any words they create.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by AltraVision]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The jews killed some unbelievers.

Whats the big deal?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death
The jews killed some unbelievers.

Whats the big deal?

You're the problem.

That attitude is what caused this mess in the first place.

Somebody died violently. That should be a problem for every person on earth.

No man is an island, Entire of itself. Each is a piece of the continent, A part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less. As well as if a promontory were. As well as if a manner of thine own Or of thine friend’s were. Each man’s death diminishes me, For I am involved in mankind. Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee.

John Donne

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry but if someone is beating me in the head with a steel pipe and chunking my buddies over board I'm going to react in a deathly fashion.

The video they showed on the news looked as if those soldiers was getting the holy hell stomped out of them. Those activists should have expected something like this to happen when they were gathering their weapons.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Well maybe you would kill them, but the Forces are not paid to kill civilians in these circumstances.

The troops should not have been there, period.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by grantbeed]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join