It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is WAR around the corner? The chess pieces are getting in place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Lets look at the current state of affairs and connect a few dots.

The Israelis are not stupid, they did not 'fall' for attacking civilians in international waters to be put in the international doghouse. It is obvious that the now Islamic leaning Turkish gov't did set the bait and the Israelis to everyone's surprise took the bait, but that was intentional. Israel has every right to defend itself... And I'm sure there were a few terrorists and weapons on board. But they could have surely handled the situation in a more peaceful way. That being said let me run down a few data points and a scenario in which hopefully will not come to be:

It looks as though Israel is intentionally raising tensions in what I believe their ultimate reason is to start a war. The next few days will be very interesting to say the least.

The Obama administration has blundered and has now given Russia the green light to deploy the S-300 missile system in Iran. If the S-300 is deployed it will make things that much tougher for a raid on Iranian nuclear assets.S-300s to Iran from Russia OKed by Obama

Israel probably feels they are running out of time with the Iranians and need to push the situation to a head sooner rather then later via this showdown with Turkey in order to draw 'Iranian elements' into the fight.

If something sparks between Israel and Turkey, Hamas and Hezbollah will surely resume rocket attacks on Israel. The difference being this time around Hamas has a much more deadly variety of rocket supplied to them by Iran.

Once Israel is attacked by Hamas, Israel will consider this an attack by Iran since there are so many Iranian Qods troops there it is ridiculous.

Israel will then use this as an excuse to take out the Iranian nuclear assets.

The U.S. currently has 3 carrier battle groups in and around the persian gulf. They are ready to go to war at a moments notice.

Special Ops units are currently inside Iran gathering intel on various targets and doing clandestine pre-war operations.

Notice the U.S. lack of a response of condemnation to the flotilla incident. The U.S. WILL back Israel when all hell breaks lose.

Since Turkey is a part of NATO it will be interesting to see NATO's response if something is to happen involving Turkey. This may very well destroy NATO's credibility or even NATO itself.

It doesn't look good, hopefully cooler heads prevail when the Rachel Corrie makes it to the blockade Friday night/Saturday morning.

Israel is in possession of at least 400 nuclear warheads that can be delivered with the most sophisticated delivery systems on the planet. Turkey knows this and will not go to all out war with Israel or else Turkey would be turned into a glass parking lot that glows in the dark.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by insideNSA]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If you rappel onto someones boat, in full combat gear, in the middle of the night, in international waters, nothing you subsequently do can be called "self defense"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well, I fail to see where anything you posted my friend may lead to "war around the corner".

The issues in that part of the world has been going on for 60 years.

Nothing has changed there.

Israel does not even care what international opinion is much like North Korea.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
If you rappel onto someones boat, in full combat gear, in the middle of the night, in international waters, nothing you subsequently do can be called "self defense"

as I said, that was by intention
as i also said

Originally posted by insidenNSA
But they could have surely handled the situation in a more peaceful way.

they should not have done it in international waters. but if your country had intel of terrorists and fighting equipment such as night vision goggles on board a ship heading for your shores, your country would do the same thiing and intercept the ship before it reached its destination inside of your country.

you can't blame them for intercepting the boat one bit. they way they did it was barbaric, but that was for the wow factor it would cause.

i was hoping to avoid the emotional factor of this event and get some good info and thoughts on the possibility of war... to look at this in an objective way... but i see as i thought, someone would bring there emotions into this and not even consider what the thread is about

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
are you serious? you don't see how a showdown between a turkish fleet of ships heading to israel to challenge their blockade may not lead to 'war around the corner'? what are you smoking?

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well, I fail to see where anything you posted my friend may lead to "war around the corner".

The issues in that part of the world has been going on for 60 years.

Nothing has changed there.

Israel does not even care what international opinion is much like North Korea.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think the OP is right as regards the flotilla setup. I'm amazed by the blanket condemnation for Israel, based on the same media that conspiratoralists normally mistrust.

I wonder who on this forum has actually seen life in gaza? Or who is simply swallowing the islamic propaganda. I'm not saying that there are no problems in gaza, or that the flotilla was necessarily a setup - but i'm certainly not jumping on the I hate israel bandwagon like all the other sheep.

As regards war, I think it is inevitable.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Okay InsideNSA.

Your post's header poses a question.
The body of your post however, is full of emotion, to favour & defending Israeli's actions.

How about territorial waters? I would say that waters in front of the Gaza strip should be Palestine territorial waters isn't it ? Israeli are claiming all they want with their super power war machine, to ignore any rights of their fellow citizens or neighbours.

Having put this straight, I would say that I am perfectly happy that a balance in power is build, and I say hurray for Obama to support the Russians. The Israeli tigers should be caged, before they are to even thinking about attacking.

Than, I hope they are forced to sit at the table for working towards an peace solution.

The film shown on internet about the raid of the Israeli on the boat, only shows the part of the fight they want us to see. All other activities they prefer to keep hidden.

So, my bets are there is not going to be war. It is only body builders show.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well, Turkey has said that it's relationship with Israel has forever changed. I think there is significance in that statement!

What's with all the apocalyptic movies, "Knowing" "2012" "Legion" "The Road"
Seems like it's turning into it's own genre. That is a whole different thread though, but I'm too lazy to start it

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
War is around the corner cause there is to many of us polluting the planet with the human plague and its time that natural selection takes place again so there is need for a big war to kill off millions.

if not

The race of humanoid retards is getting closer
[[[(>_

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
sorry this is off topic, but ATS wont let me send pvt. msgs.

How come 3 and ► ► ► I have a connection with and has always haunted my mind, like a code that I was born with and can't forget. I see it in your avi and it just haunts me more cause its like a deep connection.

do you know why?

Thanks
nice posts'

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA
The U.S. currently has 3 carrier battle groups in and around the persian gulf. They are ready to go to war at a moments notice.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by insideNSA]

The Eisenhower is on station, Truman is enroute to relieve the Ike. Since you made the statement, name the Carrier Battle Groups "in and around the Persian Gulf", or maybe a link or two?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
OH IM SORRY, THE DEATHSTAR WILL BE FULLY OPERATIONAL, YOUNG JEDI. Russia selling the s-300 to iran and they buying them up like hotcakes. The sanctions off, NO WONDER isreal is up in arms with what is being shipped around there. It will get pretty tense over there now. NOW SEE THE POWER OF A FULLY OPERATIONAL DEATHSTAR. Fire at will.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
World War Three will soon be here. Oh yeah! Baby! World War Three will be soon... In the next few months.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Israel is an aggressor.

But so is the United States.

Two aggressors go head to head.

Let the world beware.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
how the fook is Israel targeting civilian areas any different to Palestinians firing rockets into civilian areas, israel stole their land and now starve palestinians, the jews became the nazis of the middle east

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatestone
how the fook is Israel targeting civilian areas any different to Palestinians firing rockets into civilian areas, israel stole their land and now starve palestinians, the jews became the nazis of the middle east

I must have missed that lesson in my history book. Nowhere do I recall huge tribes of nomadic Jews fleeing the liberated concentration camps, stalking south to Palestine, and the Palestinians waking up the next morning at the border of a new Israel, thinking: "WTF!?"

I missed that one.

I do recall the spectacular display of incompetence put on by the Arab world, where they invaded a nation with barely any military and industry developed, and ended up having their invasion repelled back inside of their own borders. People that damned incompetent don't deserve the land they claim.

Seriously - if you invade a single nation with a multinational coalition, and end up having that invasion repulsed well inside of your own border - you have no business possessing a potato peeler, much less a military.

As for Iran - Israel will have to do something about them before much longer. And it is honestly in the best interest of the world to permanently remove them as a potential for nuclear power.

new topics

top topics

join