It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost at Gloucester pub pushes pint off table

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hello, ghost hunters.
I thought you might find this interesting.

A catalogue of unexplained activity at a Gloucester pub has prompted the Gloucester Active Paranormal Society to investigate.

BBC: Ghost at Gloucester pub pushes pint off table

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I've seen glasses do this quite a few time I'm not sure why but it's not ghosts something to do with the condensation on the glasses and already damp table I think maybe even temperature plays a part.

Kind of a jump to think ghosts imho.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i witnessed this behavior on a hot day last summer. i had a nice cold glass of water i had just sat down on the counter, there was visible condensation on the glass, and a decent amount of liquid between the counter and the glass.

the glass just start moving on its own, sliding towards the edge. i thought it was absolutely the strangest thing i'd ever seen, so i touched my girlfriend on the shoulder and said look at this hun, set the glass in the same spot and it did it again.

the counter seems perfectly level, it was strange, but i could reproduce the behavior 100 times if i wanted to.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
yea its called hydroplaning (spelling) nothing paranormal here but still a great find. notice that he switched pint glasses and set the one that was originally in his hand down, probably on the puddle created from ice cold brew.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
No .. It was definately a spirit !!!!!!!!!!!

My bet is a whiskey chaser or even a 'depth charge' added to the pint !!!

On a serious note, I have done a couple of ghost hunts down in the Glouscestershire area ... and being quite serious it was the only place I saw something ( an array of flouresent deep blue / electric blue lights that formed the outline of a figure)..... Very strange but at the same time not scary.......

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hmm I dunno about this one. If you watch the secondary video on the bbc website (halfway down the article page) its seems to be the raw footage which is played at normal speed

If it was hydroplaning then I would think that the pint would start moving as soon as it came into contact with the liquid on the table (someone correct me if Im wrong please). However it does not move one bit until it accelerates very quickly and flies off the table.

The only way I can see it being a hoax is if (as in the main vid on the link playfully suggests) a bit of string was attached to the pint and it was tugged at a given moment.

Ive had a few spooky experiences in old pubs Ive worked in myself and Im definitely open minded when it comes to this kinda stuff.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this. It happens to me a lot when the condensation forms a puddle and then the glass moves by itself. Although my house is haunted..

new topics

top topics

join