It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Natalie Holloway Suspect Joran Van Der Sloot Accused of Peru Murder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Justice hasn't been fair in quite some time on this planet.

Just so you know.

Ok so lets abandon the idea of a court and just punish those we perceive to have done wrong based on gut reaction. That is what you are asking for. Such reactions feel great but are not the mark of a society that carefully dispenses punishment.

If he is found to be guilty then he should be left to rot in a jail until he dies and i won't feel anything for the man, until then he should be afforded the same legal rights that you or i would if accused of something. It's kind of sad you so readily wish for his punishment without proper legal process.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

We KNOW he is guilty as he, himself has confessed to the crime.
Yes he should have a trial but if he is found innocent it isn't because there isn't enough evidence but because he has money. This is why many people including myself are so frustrated.

You may not like this but a confession means nothing, a confession can be forced from anyone.

Let me be clear, my personal opinion is that the weight of evidence is really against him, but it is wrong how so many people on this thread happily abandon the idea of a fair trial. That is my issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SFwife

What does Natalee's character have to do with her murder? You claim to be a "friend" of certain members of her family, yet you accuse her of being something other than the "virgin perfect sweet girl" portrayed in the media. With friends like you, who needs enemies!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What I am hearing right now on a local news channel, is that date rape drugs were found in her vehicle, which I am "hearing" he was in the car with her, also she was wrapped in a blanket from HIS room, & now he is on the run...I am hearing all of this now as I type...Sorry, don't mean to be vague. Just trying to update on what is being said at the moment...Girl was found in HIS hotel room also....Headline News is what I am watching.

[edit on 6/2/10 by j.r.c.b.]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

We KNOW he is guilty as he, himself has confessed to the crime.
Yes he should have a trial but if he is found innocent it isn't because there isn't enough evidence but because he has money. This is why many people including myself are so frustrated.

You may not like this but a confession means nothing, a confession can be forced from anyone.

Let me be clear, my personal opinion is that the weight of evidence is really against him, but it is wrong how so many people on this thread happily abandon the idea of a fair trial. That is my issue.

The confessionS...plural...were not forced. Read about them and view them so you can see for yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The confessionS...plural...were not forced. Read about them and view them so you can see for yourself.

Forced or not really isn't important, i only said forced to show that confessions mean very little. If this man is found guilty (when seems a more appropriate word) then he will be left to rot for a very long time. I only take issue with those who immediately talk about punishment. Innocent until proven guilty, do you ignore that?

Innocent until proven guilty is a very important concept, even a confession doesn't mean you are guilty because people that are innocent admit to crimes they never committed. It may seem wrong to you but i am just upholding a very important principle.

If he is found guilty then screw him, i hope he rots in jail, i hope he suffers, but only when found guilty.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
it is clear that the evidence was against him from the beginning and also from this psychopaths own mouth

if his father had a conscience the second girl would not have perished at his sons hands

dutch eliteist trash

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Justice hasn't been fair in quite some time on this planet.

Just so you know.

Ok so lets abandon the idea of a court and just punish those we perceive to have done wrong based on gut reaction. That is what you are asking for. Such reactions feel great but are not the mark of a society that carefully dispenses punishment.

If he is found to be guilty then he should be left to rot in a jail until he dies and i won't feel anything for the man, until then he should be afforded the same legal rights that you or i would if accused of something. It's kind of sad you so readily wish for his punishment without proper legal process.

Of course the creature should be sent through a "proper" trial first. After all, we must treat him like a human being, no matter how vile he is. I'm just making the valid point justice isn't fair in this world. I was making sure you were aware of that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Does he have a mild case of Down's syndrome?

That photo of him makes his features look a bit odd....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Of course the creature should be sent through a "proper" trial first. After all, we must treat him like a human being, no matter how vile he is. I'm just making the valid point justice isn't fair in this world. I was making sure you were aware of that.

The idea that justice is not fair in this world is universal and the fact you felt the need to make that point is pathetic. Anyone who lives knows that legal punishment does not always equal justice. So why bother making the point

Visceral reaction is so easy, logic is rarely used.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
how can anyone think he could possible be innocent......i have been alive for 42 years and have never been anywhere near a case that involves murder.
if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck IT IS A DUCK.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If he is truly "on the run", I wouldn't mind footing part of the bill through taxes to lend out a Predator drone. This guy has literally, been getting away with murder for too long.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Van Der Sloot? Ah... yes perhaps the new Ted Bundy. The looks, the intrigue, the accent , money....to many young girls he does appeal......Come on ladies, who on here has never fallen for the "bad Boy"? The women he's been preying on are somewhat naive, attractive, maybe rebellious for whatever reason.

You are talking about about a true psychopathic personality. This person has no moral conscience.

Is defined as such: Psychopathic Personality

lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct, masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal.

Psychopaths "use charisma, manipulation, intimidation, sexual intercourse and violence" to control others and to satisfy their own needs.

"Lacking in conscience and empathy, they take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without guilt or remorse".

link: en.wikipedia.org...

This guy is criminally insane. He is in complete denial about who he is and what he has done. No, I do not believe he will off himself. His narcissism
protects him from that.

Easy to say that if this had happened in America any girl would have been thought of as dumb or should have known better. But remember, these very young women 18 and 21, are just that,extremely young, inexperienced,
and have barely gotten there feet wet. These are not mature 30 and 40 year old's. This is what he sought in his victims. They needed to be vulnerable and naive it fueled his power trip.

To the poster, that doesn't wish to share "much info" just some. You referred to yourself as a friend of the Hollaway family. How much of a friend are you, that you would publicly defame your "friends" dead daughter and a grieving mother?

You and I define friendship completely different.
Just thought I would point that out to you.

Pax

[edit on 2-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The idea that justice is not fair in this world is universal and the fact you felt the need to make that point is pathetic. Anyone who lives knows that legal punishment does not always equal justice. So why bother making the point

Visceral reaction is so easy, logic is rarely used.

Not sure why you reply to my posts as it seems you're trolling to provoke some kind of argument or senseless debate. But we'll leave it at that. Thanks buddy.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I just knew Vander Sloot was involved and now with this incident the authorities will hopefully now piece the 2, and maybe more, murders together.

I think when it's all said and done, I think they'll find out that he's involved in a sex slave trade in foreign countries.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I agree. If what we are hearing is true and he is on the run, well, that says all I need to know.
2nd line

[edit on 6/2/10 by j.r.c.b.]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
We pity 1 party girl and punish 1 man.

Seriously, I really don't want to go into war crimes and millions of war victims.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Hi OneNation,

I think you are exactly right. My best friend is from Amsterdam lives in the US but goes home several times a year. The sex slave "business" is a huge problem in Holland.

The victims are typically 13-19, usually runaways they are lured in by some guy their own age, introduced (the hard way) to heroin and forced repeatedly to perform sexual acts. If they hesitate or refuse, they are beaten or worse. These girls can never leave this racket.

Perhaps Van Der Scums father and several in power in the Netherlands were all involved in the Sex Slave Industry.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Vander Slut is screwed.

You really, really don't want to be imprisoned in Peru. Peruvian prisons make ours look like the Holiday Inn. Rats, uprisings, illness, heat and cold and some really hardened criminals. Lima is a huge city and is seriously impoverished. Been there many times and Miraflores, where he was staying, is the only upscale neighborhood in town. On the upside, he'll be learning Spanish in no time.

He's going to wish he was arrested the first time around in Aruba where his family was allowed to bring him pizza.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I am Dutch, and a few months ago there was a guy who won 2.5 million euro by winning a reality show.
This guy got into touch with Joran and dragged him to a lie-detector test.

Joran agreed the test could be used as evidence and did it voluntarily.

Now he got caught trying to mislead the test by doing things with his fingers and his ass. He only did this when there were questions about Natalee.

When they confronted him with it, he just turned into some not-humanpsychopath with a rage and anger ive never seen before. He throwed a glass at the woman ho did the test, he shouted the camera must be turned of etc etc.

you can all watch it on the net. do aa google search for "Joran jaap leugen detector"

Just sayin'

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join