It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Natalie Holloway Suspect Joran Van Der Sloot Accused of Peru Murder

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Another site claiming he has been found dead

www.riehlworldview.com...

And DG someone else predicted him killing himself before you.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
New on Twitter:

JENin140 Wikipedia says Joran van der Sloot dead but doesn't reference source twurl.nl...
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Not able to find any real proof of his death, it is a circular rumor at this point, all resolving at the above link. I think I would have to see the police announce it to believe it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

The New Republic did publish it in breaking news that Joran Van der Sloot had been found dead at border.

That was found through Twitter as it is being discussed on the thread under Joran Van der Sloot and they are asking for confirmation also.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Man this is intense. I really do not want him dead, because I want him to tell us why he did what he did and what he did to Natalee's body (Did he throw her into the ocean or did he bury somewhere?). I heard some reports saying that Interpol has caught Van Der Sloot and others saying he is dead. But wow, I feel that either way these cases are going to solved. I think I heard earlier that the girl he killed in Peru has DNA under her nails. We will certainly see what happens very soon... And maybe the case review can be closed and both families can achieve some closure
That is all that matters, both families getting justice, but in the end knowing WHY is so much more important...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If hes dead its too bad, because a lot of unanswered questions will go with him. Somehow I can't picture him as having the stones to off himself, all seems so neatly wrapped up.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by maldronath]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maldronath

I wouldn't put much stock into it as of yet, the trackbacks all go to Reihl world site, and why would they be the ones breaking this news? This would be a CNN/MSNBC/Fox headliner, for certain.

It is going viral now, for sure, popping up everywhere over a what is nothing but a rumor from one website at the moment.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I really hope this is true..

That family has endured their pain for far too long and deserve closure..

I also hope they catch him and if he is guilty, pays the same price as his victims...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maldronath

True most psychopaths (Which I am sure Joran is) do not kill themselves, because they are incredibly self centered and feel the world owes them, because they are gods gift to earth... so to speak. Only time will tell....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
May be a hoax: Recent Twit:

JENin140 @izzysroses original article that reported Joran van der Sloot dead has apparently been pulled, may be twit hoax

I speak some Spanish..trying to access Lima online news for confirmation....but you're right...it's in circular mode right now.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It was posted on reihlworld, and now the poster has requested it be pulled. Wonder why that is?

www.riehlworldview.com...

With a link back to freerepublic:

www.freerepublic.com...

This thread has been pulled.

Pulled on 06/02/2010 9:19:35 PM PDT by Admin Moderator, reason:

pulled per poster’s request

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Well, then i'm not special. Rats.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Have you seen this? Part of an article: nnc4f.th8.us...

Douglas Rodriguez, a top police officer with the Chilean Investigation Police said Joran van der Sloot was spotted on Wednesday in Arica city, which lies adjacent to the Peruvian city of Tacna.

Rodriguez told reporters that police are looking for Van der Sloot in overnight accommodations. He said the suspect arrived in Chile from Peru in a taxi accompanied by two Peruvian men on May 31. The two Peruvians traveled back to Tacna on the same day.

Rodriguez said van der Sloot entered the country on a tourist visa.

Also on Wednesday, Van der Sloot’s attorney Joseph Tacopina told Peruvian radio network RPP that he received an “e-mail that appears to be from a third person who told me that Van der Sloot is attempting to contact me to get legal advice,” he said.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Nonsense we are all special!!

Not my intention to make you feel other wise friend

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Well, I had wondered if it were true or not also. I would want to know that a body had been found and confirmed to be that of Van der Sloot. It could be a ruse or coverup or it could be true, and now it sounds as though it could be a twit hoax, but the statement was made at The New Republic which is a conservative paper. Very strange to think that one would find such a statement there.

And now we read that the poster wants it removed.

This case just gets more annoying by the minute. I am truly annoyed by the death of Paul Van der Sloot's falling on the 11th of Feb and the news story being released on the 24th of Feb. This is very too pointed for me to not notice the convenience of this. Plus the other thing that annoys me is that two sensational murders have Thailand in common, the Jon Benet Ramsey case whose alleged murderer through his own confession admitted to killing her went to Thailand and worked with children there, and then Joran Van der Sloot goes to Thailand and is accused of sex crimes there as well as confessions of his knowledge of the death of Natalee Holloway. All these strange ties to Thailand are more than just coincidence in my opinion.

Bangkok is quite an interesting study in news reporting...HMMMMM! Suspicious minds, and I am very concerned about this now.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo

Well, I had wondered if it were true or not also. I would want to know that a body had been found and confirmed to be that of Van der Sloot. It could be a ruse or coverup or it could be true, and now it sounds as though it could be a twit hoax, but the statement was made at The New Republic which is a conservative paper. Very strange to think that one would find such a statement there.

And now we read that the poster wants it removed.

Yep all stories seem to relate back to the one twit post, even the one on Freep. You know how people are, they always want to be jumping the gun on breaking news, but in something like this, I think one would be compelled to report more than a twitter. I could use the phrase "more credible source", but we know what type of ire that can cause!

This case just gets more annoying by the minute. I am truly annoyed by the death of Paul Van der Sloot's falling on the 11th of Feb and the news story being released on the 24th of Feb. This is very too pointed for me to not notice the convenience of this. Plus the other thing that annoys me is that two sensational murders have Thailand in common, the Jon Benet Ramsey case whose alleged murderer through his own confession admitted to killing her went to Thailand and worked with children there, and then Joran Van der Sloot goes to Thailand and is accused of sex crimes there as well as confessions of his knowledge of the death of Natalee Holloway. All these strange ties to Thailand are more than just coincidence in my opinion.

Yep I saw the investigation in Thailand I think on Greta's show, it was nauseating to see that hidden film of him. He was just all nonchalant like what he was doing was okey dokey! It just made me ill...

You are right though, it was all too convenient, and still is. As far as I understood it, the confession he made to the investigator was only not allowed in Aruba court because it was not taken by an arban investigator.

Bangkok is quite an interesting study in news reporting...HMMMMM! Suspicious minds, and I am very concerned about this now.

I agree, but I doubt he is dead. I think he is far too egotistical for that, unless he was killed in the manhunt. I still think that news would be coming from Interpol and not a twitter.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulism
Wow, just saw this, apparently he was active in the online poker communities and people knew his handles, and knew some of what he'd made in the alst couple years. Thats one way to travel the world and make a virtual living, play online poker.

www.gambling911.com...

Paul

Hey, from that link you posted " The killing of Flores occurred exactly five years after the May 30, 2005, disappearance of Holloway in Aruba, a Dutch Caribbean island"

That's serial killer snip right there. 5 years to the day? Serial killer. Van der douche is a serial killer.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Certainly is possible, they call that a ritualistic killing. And quite a few serial killers did that in there time. It is truly hard to say that it was a coincidence. Because lets face it, there is no such thing as coincidences...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

There are two articles going at once: one, that he committed suicide near the Peruvian border, and two, that a police chief has spotted him, that he entered town with two Peruvian men, and that they are checking hotels to find him.

Could be that he knows that the police are looking for him, and in that case, he could be desperate enough to do anything but get caught. Even he must know that Peruvian jails are worse than anything like hell on earth, so suicide would be the only way out.
\
If there is dna under her nails as reported, that should either convict or acquit him. But he is already being considered guilty as her father has made his statement that since he had already committed murder once, he should have been detained for that.

No matter what, if the police have spotted him, he is not going far.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

Yep I tend to believe the media on this one. He is running scared. If he was going to off himself, he would have done it in that hotel room or not long after.

I think the fact this happened on the anniversary of Natalie's death is very telling, as some have pointed out in other posts. That is definitely serial killer type thinking, IMO. It was almost as if he had to celebrate getting away with her murder, no?

Freaking creep. I pity her family for the re-opening of this wound. You know they had to be dreading the anniversary of her death as it was, and now this. How very, very sad.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join