It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work For Government? You Are A Criminal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I like it - but how do you propose paying the cost of maintaining freeways?
^

edit - I do not agree with the criminal aspect but I like the fact that it would be anarchy. No NWO in the US.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I would gladly opt out of social security and medicare in the blink of an eye. Just tell me how.

Try reading the tax code and the code of federal regulations pursuant to that law, these tedious tomes virtually tell you how to opt out. Of course, here is where the O.P. actually has a point. When reading the legislation and regulations and relying upon that to opt out, the criminal tax collectors, and even worse, often time criminal judges and prosecutors will tell you that you are simply playing semantics with the words in plain text. Resistance is not futile, but for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

I like it - but how do you propose paying the cost of maintaining freeways?
^

edit - I do not agree with the criminal aspect but I like the fact that it would be anarchy. No NWO in the US.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

Privatizing Roads (Walter Block)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Now correct me if I am wrong (researched this issue a year ago), as a self employed business owner, I can opt out but still be held liable for the 6.2% tax correct?

On what planet does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMarshall
You forget, sir.

Those who work for the government, who bring your mail, who protect what freedoms you have left, still pay taxes too.

SM

Hey, guess what?

1. UPS can bring me my mail just as easily as the USPS

2. I have a gun and I'm more than capable of protecting my own freedoms. I don't need your help, thanks very much.

If I wanted someone to protect me, I would pay them voluntarily out of my own pocket to do so.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Now correct me if I am wrong (researched this issue a year ago), as a self employed business owner, I can opt out but still be held liable for the 6.2% tax correct?

On what planet does that make sense?

It is my understanding that tax collectors will do everything in their power to hold you liable, and if you all ready have a Social Security Number assigned to you, they have prima facie evidence to show that you are liable, but if you have that S.S. number because you were misled, based on misinterpretation of law, and mistake of fact, and arguably flat out fraud, then you have a strong case as well. This is why a jury of your peers is so important. This is why due process of law is so important.

If it were so cut and dry, then there would be no need for due process and juries, and each person would simply have to pay what the government says they must pay. But in statutory construction, each and every word must be given significance. If you have done your due diligence, and beyond relying upon the code and CFR, written the necessary inquiries as to the purpose of a Social Security Number and whether or not you are required by law to possess one, then this also serves as strong evidence in your favor.

The key is getting the jury to understand it all, but nothing worth having comes easy.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Unfortunately I never consented to being issued an SS number, as my parents did that when I was a kid. Given then option now, I would revoke it and live under the radar even moreso than I already try to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

Unfortunately I never consented to being issued an SS number, as my parents did that when I was a kid. Given then option now, I would revoke it and live under the radar even moreso than I already try to do.

Parents do this to their children every day. Revocation is the proper legal way to handle the situation, but as the O.P. has correctly pointed out, they will use intimidation, and force to deny you your rights, and if you make the mistake of entering into a "tax court", (that would be a court that denies you a right to a jury), you will have only granted the very jurisdiction you are in effect challenging. This means, if the tax collectors decide your worth fighting, that you must be willing to face criminal prosecution in order to assert your rights and regain your freedom. It is a risk, there is no doubt of that, but as I said, nothing in life worth having comes easy.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
2. I have a gun and I'm more than capable of protecting my own freedoms. I don't need your help, thanks very much.

If I wanted someone to protect me, I would pay them voluntarily out of my own pocket to do so.

The United States will not last long without her organized military. Your lands are far too resource-rich and you're too great a strategic location. The scramble to take what was once the US would make the Spheres Of Influence period of China look mild.

You OP, were a professional soldier, but without all of the other professional soldiers, their specializations and the command structure above them, all you would have defending your dream country would be a wild west posse. You would get steamrolled and subjugated by any modern military there.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

The United States will not last long without her organized military. Your lands are far too resource-rich and you're too great a strategic location. The scramble to take what was once the US would make the Spheres Of Influence period of China look mild.

You OP, were a professional soldier, but without all of the other professional soldiers, their specializations and the command structure above them, all you would have defending your dream country would be a wild west posse. You would get steamrolled and subjugated by any modern military there.

I beg to differ.

There are 60 million gun owners in this nation.

Please cite the size of the next largest military force in the world.

No one could invade us and succeed.

No one.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No one.

Owning a firearm and being trained to kill properly and effectively with said firearm are two completely different items.

You wouldn't assume yourself to be a master carpenter based on the tools you own, right?

Simply owning a firearm does not put one on the same level as a professional solider, and therefor i feel your comparison of the 60 million random gun owners in the US to ANY organized military force is silly at best.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

OK - we have road maint. figured out.

Next question (this is like stump the anarchist ) - How would the Dept. of Defense charge for their services?

In a perfect world you wouldn't need a military but these days you (and your allies) could be attacked by other nations/groups. You have to keep up with other technologically advanced military's to be prepared.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I beg to differ.

No one.

Oh that's cute! You think that invaders would care about the population or keeping them alive haha!

You have a gun? Well that is very nice former-American, I have a heavy bomber. It is your land and your resources that invaders will want, you are just another casualty to them. Look at history for your explanation there.

I really do find it odd how Americans believe that enough people with rifles and handguns can somehow take on naval cruisers and bomber aircraft. Seriously who put that idea in your heads?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
Owning a firearm and being trained to kill properly and effectively with said firearm are two completely different items.

You wouldn't assume yourself to be a master carpenter based on the tools you own, right?

Simply owning a firearm does not put one on the same level as a professional solider, and therefor i feel your comparison of the 60 million random gun owners in the US to ANY organized military force is silly at best.

With 60 million gun owners, you don't need to be a trained soldier to do damage.

See Afghanistan and Iraq for examples of a tiny fraction of armed individuals causing massive problems for the most powerful military in the world.

If the roles were reversed, I have full confidence that the US public would make the Afghani insurgents look like the Mickey Mouse club.

If some foreign military attempted to invade us, they would get their butts handed to them pronto even if we had no military force at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

With 60 million gun owners, you don't need to be a trained soldier to do damage.

See Afghanistan and Iraq for examples of a tiny fraction of armed individuals causing massive problems for the most powerful military in the world.

If the roles were reversed, I have full confidence that the US public would make the Afghani insurgents look like the Mickey Mouse club.

If some foreign military attempted to invade us, they would get their butts handed to them pronto even if we had no military force at all.

The common Afghan has been raised in an active war zone, while the average American has lead a life of luxury (in the grand scheme of things, we as Americans *DO* lead a luxurious lifestyle). You cannot discount this factor.

The average American has been made docile by means of 24/7 media and cheap fast food. To expect our generally overweight population to suddenly spring into action and become a pack of Rambo clones... is a nice pipe dream. But let's be realistic - it's just a pipe dream.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yes that many people firing wildly in the general direction of the enemy will kill someone for sure haha. With 60 million whatever gun owners you still have to have something to shoot at that you can bloody hit! What good is your M4 going to do you against a cruise missile? How are you going to take down a bomber with your sniper rifle?

Why do you assume that this will be just a ground invasion? Do you know anything of military strategy? Your people would be saturation bombed for as long as it took before a single enemy soldier set foot on your shores. As I said, your defensive idea is suicidal, because you cannot fight ships and airplanes with small arms. You might as well have sticks and rocks.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Lets think realistically about what would happen in an invasion without any US military to stop it.

Just recently over a million people turned up to protest government at the DC tea party rally.

Could you imagine how many would turn up with guns in hand to repel an invasion force?

Every Billy-Bob in Texas would be standing on the shoreline with a 12 gauge shotgun. Every Huckleberry in Oklahoma would be driving their pickup trucks to the front with machine guns in tow. Every man woman and child capable of carrying a stick would be heading out to blast the invaders.

The idea that we need a military force to protect us from invasion is ridiculous given that we are an armed nation.

If government got out of the way, private citizens could own machines guns, rocket launchers, bazookas, hell we might even have rich private citizens buy their own fighter planes.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes that many people firing wildly in the general direction of the enemy will kill someone for sure haha. With 60 million whatever gun owners you still have to have something to shoot at that you can bloody hit! What good is your M4 going to do you against a cruise missile? How are you going to take down a bomber with your sniper rifle?

Why do you assume that this will be just a ground invasion? Do you know anything of military strategy? Your people would be saturation bombed for as long as it took before a single enemy soldier set foot on your shores. As I said, your defensive idea is suicidal, because you cannot fight ships and airplanes with small arms. You might as well have sticks and rocks.

Statistically, private citizen gun owners are better shots than cops.

So your claims of wild shooting are unsubstantiated.

As to the "cruise missile" nonsense, we have a lot of cruise missiles. Last time I checked there were still insurgents around shooting at our troops.

Cruise missiles are only good at destroying infrastructure. They are extremely poor at stopping an insurgent force. Destroying infrastructure doesn't do any good when there is no government to dismantle.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Work For Government? You Are A Criminal

No problem. I'd rather work private industry anyway. Tax benefits are better, profit is higher, more power, more control. Much easier to screw the herd and get what I want. I've no union contracts to get in my way and dang, but I do love writing off all my "business meetings" and "travel"expenses. Govt. work? Forgettaboutit. However, I do appreciate the thread idea. It's a great distraction - smoke and mirrors - love it when so many look the wrong way. Leaves me free to do whatever I want, when I want. Of course, profit is looking up. Woot. Give me more. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Wow I am quite hopeful that you were not in any kind of strategic command position during your time in the military, your grasp of tactics and strategy is much more John Rambo than Sun Tsu.

I don't have the energy it would take to explain why training, technology, discipline, and a command structure are things that generally make a military superior to a force of partisans. I'll leave that for someone much more patient than I.

I'll just leave you with this bit of advice, look up Dresden and the firebombing of Tokyo in World War II.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join