It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA can take on the rest of the world???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Yes you are correct the vietnamese did defeat the french.. then failing to learn from the french defeat the americans went into vietnam .. Historically the vietnamese are a tough and resourceful people who have thrown invaders out of vietnam.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It all depends on what you're trying to achieve?
A fist fight? Cool. USA 1-0 Rest Of the World.
Invasion? Okay...
Occupation? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
The USA may be great in the 'bloody the nose" bit, but there is no ability at all in the occupation bit. Cough-Iraq-Cough....

Plus, once the fancy technology stops and you need feet on the streets, all the nations above will be able to put together 'resistance' at a level only dreamed of by the Mujaheddin. Remember the might of the British Empire was tested sorely by a few Boer guerrillas in the 19th century. Imagine what modern Asian/European guerrillas could do against the US invaders. Red Dawn backwards....

Since the majority of the US industrial sector has now been farmed out to ROTW, if the US did suddenly become belligerent, the ROTW just stops trade.
Pointless. What would the US do? Try to force trade?

It all about goals. Can the US win battles? Yes. Absolutely.
Can they win a war? Nope.

George Armstrong Custer was a very successful military leader. Right up to the point where he underestimated his opponents.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
funny the only war i'v heard of america winning was against its self.

Lol lol that's a good one...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah unfortunately I think America would win, not because of nuclear weapons or anything but it would win because it has Chuck Norris.

Not everyone that Chuck Norris is mad at gets killed. Some get away. They are called astronauts.

Sorry for the the all Chuck Norris jokes lately, i cant help it. I honestly doubt America would win against the entire world, an I doubt they would ever be that position.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Yeah unfortunately I think America would win, not because of nuclear weapons or anything but it would win because it has Chuck Norris.

Damn straight. Name me one country that has anything that would be able to beat Chuck Norris.

There aren't any.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Regardless of his stupidity he does make a point, American troops are pretty # on the ground. I dont mean with regards to combat engagements but with regards to actual occupational skills, policing and community relations.

That's not the job of the average US Infantryman. They aren't there for the "hearts and minds" part of the deal, but in Iraq, they were put in that position.

US Infantry are there to hurt people and break their sh!t.

Civil Affairs are the ones that do the community service things, and they are stretched thin.

Originally posted by Johnze
Thats basicaly why you need proffesional armys such Britain to move in on the ground after the American carpet bombing has stopd.

Excuse me? The US carpet-bombed Baghdad? Since when? And sorry to inform you, but the US does have a "professional army". Just like the British.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Definitately, I have no like for the Armed forces in any country and I purely joined for two reasons. To learn skills that would not be available on Civvy street. And two to kill legally. Im not longer in the Mil and can not stand others who so willingly do the bidding of their countries heirarchy for no money and for the wrong reasons. No one in the mil deserves any empathy. Get out and get a proper job and let the people who want to start these wars do it themselves.

Learn skills and to kill legally. Geez, what a poser.

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
You my friend watch other peoples posting but have contributed nothing to society ever. I bet you live with your mum. Or is she dead? At your age probably dead!

And how do you know that, Jean Dixon? You some sort of psychic?
And you're really funny with the mom joke. I'll be telling your mom that. Tonight.

What a tool.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Without nukes all America has is a very dumb armed forces who do not even study AFV of their allies and blow them away... To be fair no one likes working with them because their tactics consist of superior fire power.. No real soldering involved... If it was not for the nukes I would fear red neck hunters before the army.... But even then....

Gung Ho dick heads.... That is the polite version....

The British Army is the best... England with the yanks nukes??? The world would be in better hands...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
from this quote alone

"Just think why we (U.S.) can fake 9-11, take over a number of Middle Eastern countries, and do anything we want.
The other countries really do know that even all of them combined can't beat us in war.
And realisticly, we don't "need" any other country for trade to "survive"

There is no way the us can take over the world, if the us government is so willing to kill off their own people... (according to thequote) how can they expect to take out anyone else....

And not just that, sure there is a possibility that they can take over/destroy the whole world by launching all their nukes, but in the end it will just kill themselves off as well... all that nuclear radiation across the globe... nothing good will come of it....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
ok so we haven't been able to defeat the Taliban in 9 years, but we can take on the entire world.

Pure propaganda noise.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

do you really think the USA want to defeat the Taliban?
IMHO I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

but the US does have a "professional army". Just like the British.

your a funny guy.

And i never mentiond Baghdad, but really if you want to get into an arguement about semantics what the U.S actualy did to Baghdad could pretty much be considerd carpet bombing.

On a side note though you should probably use your google and look for the former Yugoslavia and see what America did to that. One of the greatest war crimes in modern history, you would probably be proud.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

And i never mentiond Baghdad, but really if you want to get into an arguement about semantics what the U.S actualy did to Baghdad could pretty much be considerd carpet bombing. On a side note though you should probably use your google and look for the former Yugoslavia and see what America did to that. One of the greatest war crimes in modern history, you would probably be proud.

Plus A10 pilots like to kill my mates even in peace time... Wankers... Its always the same when you serve with yanks... Lots of kit but no brains... Shame they are not ammunition for our mortars...

The British were in and out of Basra in a few months... Why???... Same in Afganistan....

They are the best... Not yanks... Israelis... But Brits... Dont F**K with them...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Yissachar1]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The world outside the US is far from old school. If the US were to take on the world, a lot of things would have to go their way from day one. The US would have to break every Army in the world initially without loosing to much of its Hard wear, and not to mention soldiers.

The US would probably have to use everything they got just to defeat Europe. And would most likely have to defeat Europe without loosing anything. Because after Europe they would have to face Russia, India, Pakistan and China who has until attacked lost nothing.

People who think that the US can walk over the world as it was nothing probably dont think much. Its not like the US can magically produce a new aircraft carrier fully tested and functional within a week. The Americans must assume that they can't take on the world without loosing anything.

If the US were to take on the world, the US would have to be very efficient on how fast they can produce fuel and new war materials of every aspect. They would have to breed some very fast growing kids as well for a fighting role, and not to mention to build and maintain the war materials that is needed to fight a war on this scale.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Aye mate i know, lot of guys i work with served a long time in the forces and basicaly everyone of them say the same thing all the yanks always had the best gear but no clue #ing clue what the # they were doing. Mostly they were just scared of them getting everyone killed, there camps were a #ing joke, idiots running about the desert thinking they were on holiday with inflatable swimming pools and pizza huts.

Could rant about this all mornin mate.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
This nonsense is probably from some young American kid, who has seen to much Discovery channel.

So far the US haven't proven that they can beat farmers armed with old AK-47s and other old rifles used in the first world war.

There is only one way the US can fight the whole world, and that is with nuclear weapons, But that would be suicidal. Meaning the US would never survive.

The US would have enormous problems even surviving a conventional war, with the Chines alone. China has technology to take out every satellite the US is dependent on to drift a efficient conventional war. A war with china would not be as comfortable as fighting Iraqis and Afghans.

And you don't think we have ways of cutting their satellites? And ya we haven't been able to get rid of the "farmers" with old AKs because they DONT IDENTIFY THEMSELVES..... There are NO frontlines in this war.... It isn't like we are on one side and the Taliban are sitting across a field and we are fighting. All they do is ambush and run, IEDs, VBIED, and launch mortars and rockets at our bases over there. I find it amazing that so many people say how crappy of a job we are doing but don't have the balls to go and do it themselves. Fighting a war is not easy especially when you don't know who the enemy is because they hide like cowards amongst the population.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Well you Americans are doing a crappy job, the problem is you people are the only once who dont think so. Because your to proud to admit anything.

You bring on nothing but excuses.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Propaganda works, it is unfortunate but I see it on here all the time Americans but certainly not all of them are falling for the Propaganda of the documentaries.

Perhaps one in particular R Lee Ermy’s Lock and load on the history channel.

Sorry I have never watched it simply because I fined the advert for it so juvenile.

However to the uneducated the combination of all these documentaries would lead to a belief that the USA could take on all the rest of the world.

This is the danger in it’s self.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Dear Reign02

Please refresh my memory again why are the tropes there in the first place???

In this I am not getting at your solders they are doing what they are ordered to do.

However you really do need to start looking at the reason for all this since 9/11.

There have been wars that had to be fought in the past these are not they.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The person you quoted OP is indeed ignorant.

I love America and I personally believe we are a force to be reckoned with, however do I believe we could take on the rest of the world? HELL NO

A war with any one super power with have HUGE impacts on any country including the United States to suggest we could take on the world? highly laughable.

America not needing trade? IS THIS GUY INSANE? Our lives as we know them would end, we'd be knee deep in # trying to dig ourselves out.

I've no doubt our country has highly secret military tech but I also believe other world super powers have some as well. To believe we are the peak of human civilization is arrogant beyond all measure. America as well as the other worlds super powers should be working together and finding common ground, not trying to wipe each other out.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
funny the only war i'v heard of america winning was against its self.

America has won every war in our nations history besides the Korean war which was a draw and Vietnam.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join