It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA can take on the rest of the world???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This thread is genuine comedy...on both sides of the argument. It really is a waste of bandwidth and thus I implore a mod to lock it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosinorder
reply to post by jerico65

I dont mean offence but US are heavily dependant on their technologies. They are good with all the satellite and bombing from sitting in a closed room. Here i'm not saying US is not good in man to man combat faced directly with the enemy. But we are yet to know that. They have not been in a full scale war with a big country. Even in world war 2 they came almost during the end. Used nukes on Japan. To really know what their military is about they have to fight with Russia or China on full scale.
But honestly i hope WW3 would be devastating for everyone. So it would be good to think why the world is in such a crisis we are all living in the present day.

America pushed the Germans out of all Western Europe back into Germany

America pushed Japan back to pretty much their mainland before we launched a nuke, after they launched a sneak attack attempting to wipe out our Pacific Navy.

America was in top form during WWII don't dare claim otherwise.

Lets be honest for a moment, Without America you'd all be speaking German.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Dear Gakus

You really should watch a little more than just the US war films.

England had been fighting alone since the 3rd of September 1939.

The USA did not join in until the 7th of December 1941.

You too would be speaking German if it where not for England and her brave fight during those years.

For sure I will give you that England could not have gone it alone for much longer but please do get real. In fact if it where not for the Russians we would all be speaking German.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by Reign02

Dear Reign02

Please refresh my memory again why are the tropes there in the first place???

In this I am not getting at your solders they are doing what they are ordered to do.

However you really do need to start looking at the reason for all this since 9/11.

There have been wars that had to be fought in the past these are not they.

WWI WWII and the American Revolution have been the justified wars.

I am an Airman in the USAF and I have been to both Iraq and Afghan and yea the "war" we are fighting if you can even call it a war is not going that well (as for getting rid of the terrorists). But we are rebuilding these countries and helping them out a lot believe it or not. We are trying to eliminate all the "terrorists" to prevent more attacks on US soil and UK soil. And despite what you all might think the "terrorists" do infact exist and they HATE the US because their beliefs differ from ours, or maybe they are just jealous that they are still living like people did back at the beginning of man and we are not.

Now if you look back at the Vietnam war and Korean war those were the real unjust wars. This war on terrorism is a just war. IF you think about it we prevent further attacks on US and UK soil and we also get our hands on some oil and can set up shop in the Middle East. 3 birds with 1 stone.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Dear Reign02

How many people died on 9/11?? About 3,500 in that area anyway.

How many people have died in Iraq and Afghanistan since that time?????????

You are not putting an end to terrorism you are perpetuating it.

The question is am I more afraid of a terrorist or the USA.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by Reign02

Dear Reign02

How many people died on 9/11?? About 3,500 in that area anyway.

How many people have died in Iraq and Afghanistan since that time?????????

You are not putting an end to terrorism you are perpetuating it.

The question is am I more afraid of a terrorist or the USA.

2752 people died on 9/11

a lot of soldiers have died it happens when you are at war..... we have killed more insurgents and terrorists though

We ARE NOT perpetuating it..... those extremists have been doing this for a LONG LONG LONG time, they started targeting US when we started into business with the Saudis in oil.

I would hope to god you are more afraid of terrorists, the US is not going to come to your kids school and blow themselves up, we are not going to cut off people's heads and post it on the internet, we are not going to do a lot of things that these terrorists would do to you.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Regardless of the numbers.... we (USA) would get our arses handed to us. We dont have the heart anymore. And the real people of this country are not even the ones running it, anymore. IMHO, if there was all out war (minus the nukes of course) against the US, we would put down so quick. all the sheeple would be watching cnn, and not grabbing there guns.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If it came down to USA against the world, it would only be after all their allies were wiped out, then it would be USA standing against the remainder of the opposing world, and at that point, there probably wouldn't be much world left. The battle to follow would be moot.

I sure hope we never see WWIII. There's way too many ugly scenarios that could play out. The firepower currently at the world's disposal would all be in play. The death toll....oh sweet Jesus it would be armageddon.
The suffering to follow the war would probably make the war deaths seem like mercy.

Peace and love to all, and pass it on!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Could the USA take on the rest of the world?

Yes and No.

First with the No.

The US military would be unable to conquer and occupy the rest of the world. We simply do not have the ground forces.

We could attain naval and aerial supremacy though over most of the planet, but we would be unable to occupy most of it.

The global naval and aerial supremacy would only work if we have a near perfect counter to SLBMs and ICBMs.

Without that counter, the situation would turn into a nuclear war and no one would win that.

So in this sense at this time, No.

Now for the Yes.

If the entire world came together to conquer the US, it would fail.

Most of the world's air and naval forces would be wiped out before they got very close to the US. The US would end up invading and occupying Canada and Bermuda. The Panama canal would follow.

US troops would land at Iceland, Diego Garcia, and recapture Guam. From here massive bombing raids would be carried out. The Middle Eastern oil fields would be wiped out. The Suez Canal would be siezed by US Marines and more island bases would be captured to carry out bombing raids: Malta, Cyprus, Canary Islands, Azores, and New Caledonia.

Realistically this would end in ceasefire, followed by some sort of treaty ending the conflict.

So No on conquering the world, but Yes on defending against the world.

[edit on 3/6/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Dear Reign02

You are quite right I am more afraid of the terrorist. However that depends on how and who you see as a terrorist.

The only terrorist I have seen this century is the US government who literally created the apposing force of Islam fighters.

At the time of 9/11 there was one terrorist Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden and over this event the US government has used it as an excuse to start 2 wars and the death of millions.

The terrorist as you see them are not going to annihilate the world were as it is very possible the US government will.

I relies that you are never going to agree with this point of view because you have been indoctrinated with this frame of mind however bare in mind that a lot of people outside the US are of this frame of mind.

Your government is not wining the propaganda war. They are losing it very badly.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
lets put it plain and simple...

US go to war for money, oil and control... Taliban's/vietnamien.... go to war to defend everything they believe in...

result you CANT and WONT win in a war were on side hopes to get back home to see they're parents... when the other side wish to die in combat to honor theirs...

U can't win against someone that's prepared to die and got nothing to lose and everything to gain...

And as for US being able to take the rest of the world... its not ever going to happen... Lots of soldiers are losing faith in their own country... look how many soldiers has commit suicide in the last 10 years compare to the previous 10...

These soldiers are going to go to war backward... and in any war scenario its teamwork that counts... take example on the spartans if it wouldnt of been of their perfect harmony when fighting togeter the persian would of ate them alive then crap them... the US now has technology but troops whose patriotism and beliefs are shifting slowly... Those soldiers are going to be weak links... and history has proven countless times that your only as strong as your weakest link...

IMHO the US has spread its wings way too much and for way too long it lost most of its credibility... It would be right about time for US to swallow its pride and lay low for a long time...

When ALL of your military tactical/trainning/strategy books are freely available on the internet to be downloaded/learned from and adapted to by pretty much ANYONE... IMO you might want to take a break for awhile....

I rest my case...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

You make me laugh. But only because You haven't compared other Countries' war effort's. North Korea, as small it as may-be. And Russia are already tripled the amount of "war listings" as you have stated for the USA. And WTF is "The 1908 Tunguska explosion" This info is totally wrong. This is when the development started, It wasn't until 1927 that it was actually "tested". This forum is about Facts and Development, Not Self justification and Conspiracies without research. GTFO Of Here.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Can i ask you a question!

How many of the Iraqi citizens that you Americans killed from 2003 and until this day, had anything to do with 911?

Why are you Americans killing Iraqi citizens today. Do you you have a legitimate reason to do what you are doing in Iraq?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Dr Slim

Could the USA take on the rest of the world?

Yes and No.

First with the No.

The US military would be unable to conquer and occupy the rest of the world. We simply do not have the ground forces.

We could attain naval and aerial supremacy though over most of the planet, but we would be unable to occupy most of it.

The global naval and aerial supremacy would only work if we have a near perfect counter to SLBMs and ICBMs.

Without that counter, the situation would turn into a nuclear war and no one would win that.

So in this sense at this time, No.

Now for the Yes.

If the entire world came together to conquer the US, it would fail.

Most of the world's air and naval forces would be wiped out before they got very close to the US. The US would end up invading and occupying Canada and Bermuda. The Panama canal would follow.

US troops would land at Iceland, Diego Garcia, and recapture Guam. From here massive bombing raids would be carried out. The Middle Eastern oil fields would be wiped out. The Suez Canal would be siezed by US Marines and more island bases would be captured to carry out bombing raids: Malta, Cyprus, Canary Islands, Azores, and New Caledonia.

Realistically this would end in ceasefire, followed by some sort of treaty ending the conflict.

So No on conquering the world, but Yes on defending against the world.

[edit on 3/6/10 by MikeboydUS]

and in reality, how easy is it to actually do that?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If you have enough nuclear weapons, it guaratees you a draw. If you want to win you'll need to do it on the quiet and slowly. Seize control of finance, the church, media, education and politics.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

As Americans we are taught there are no rules in war and we wiil exploit any and all weeknesses including blaming attacks on america on who ever is convient for our power hungry leadership

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Salvationcanbeyours

nice overview of the last 60 years!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Did you know that our troops in war zones have routinely have time to get on Internet, play video games and be very very bored? Are the Marines really just that good that Army infantry dont work weekends?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Did you know that our troops in war zones have routinely have time to get on Internet, play video games and be very very bored? Are the Marines really just that good that Army infantry dont work weekends?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Ignorance is bliss, Just ask an American citizen, we have no idea what is really goiong on in the world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join