It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Mindcrime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A bit late for an introduction but since this falls pretty much in line with everything else I do in life, I'd say it's the perfect time to introduce myself....

Some of you might know me from the baffling stupid sh*t I spread out on these boards from time to time. But you will surely know me from my crummy English and bad grammar.

Operation Mindcrime is the name of the third album of a band called Queensrÿche an tells the story about a man becoming disillusioned with American society, and joining in a conspiratorial plot to assassinate its corrupt leaders.

(It seemed fitting at the time...
)

Since joining this site the world seems to have spun out of control and madness is rampant. Fear, anger, hurt, sorrow...it's all around!! Which in itself is weird because before my ATS-days things didn't seem so out of control.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

But do not confuse "knowledge of current events" with "perception". Ignorance regarding facts and situations around the world limits your view and should indeed be denied.

Ignorance regarding the way you look at the world, on the other hand, should be promoted!! We each have our own way of looking at things and God forbid anybody trying to convince you that you are wrong. It's your notion, you can't be wrong!!!

My view: This world is an amazing place!! People are beautiful and things are not as bad as they seem. Don't try and tell me otherwise 'cause I am ignorant.

Undoubtedly, by now, this is not making sense anymore thus making this introduction thread a complete success.

Operation Mindcrime
*clueless since 2008*

PS: oh I forgot, I like Coffee, loud music and long walks on the beach.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hi!

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I love that album! Although "Queensrÿche" from 83 is my favorite! My GF listens to "Operation Mindcrime" ALOT!

Great to see another fan of The Queen of the Ryche!

Cheers

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

Thank you CSquared288.

Peace

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

I have followed them up until Empire (I believe that was around 1990) and lost track of them since. Their first album "Queensrÿche" was indeed the reason I started listening to their music....

Here's a line from one of their songs that pretty much says it all for me...

I used to think
That only America's way, way was right
But now the holy dollar rules everybody's lives
Gotta make a million doesn't matter who dies

from "revolution calling"

Peace

[edit on 2-6-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Revolution Calling is a very good track with absolute words of wisdom.

Empire was the last album I bought of Queensryche and I think you are right about it being around 90-91 I had it on cassette when I was 15.

Cheers my friend

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
great band, great album. they never really topped it. Title song, Revolution Calling and Spreading The Disease are amazing songs.

other than that, I noticed you a long time ago because of the name

...I just remember doing what they told me....told me

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

my favorite line from RC is "For a price I'll do about anything, except pull the trigger. For that I'd need a pretty good cause"

yeah that was my first concept album. Got it in the summer of '89 when I was 14 and it blew me away. I had video:Mindcrime too and my grandma said it was satanic when she saw me watching it

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

...I just remember doing what they told me....told me

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Peace

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Instead of introducing myself, this thread has turned into an introduction thread for one of my favorite bands....

So be it.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Is it time for coffee yet?? I need my coffee!!!!!!

Peace

top topics

join