It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megaphone: Undeniable Proof of Israeli Propaganda on Forums like ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Ho ho ho. And you're not engaging in anti-Israel propaganda, eh? Nah, not you and thousands of others who might fit into a number of different categories, to wit: (1) You might be legitimate critics with your own opinions who happen to always side against Israel; (2) you might be the product of a madrasa; (3) you might be a visitor from hate sites like stormfront; (4) you might be a run-of-the-mill anti-Semite; and you might even be al-Quaeda or Hamas or Hezbollah or another terrorist group member. There's no way to know, is there?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Berens
reply to post by D.E.M.

Ho ho ho. And you're not engaging in anti-Israel propaganda, eh? Nah, not you and thousands of others who might fit into a number of different categories, to wit: (1) You might be legitimate critics with your own opinions who happen to always side against Israel; (2) you might be the product of a madrasa; (3) you might be a visitor from hate sites like stormfront; (4) you might be a run-of-the-mill anti-Semite; and you might even be al-Quaeda or Hamas or Hezbollah or another terrorist group member. There's no way to know, is there?

Clever what you did there. On the one hand accusing this poster of engaging in anti-Israel propaganda and taking the high ground while on the other implying to those who share your mindset that the person is a terrorist. Intuitively it seems like this sort of thing is borderline in terms of the T&C. I like how (1) isn't even within the realm of possibility since you can't possibly know what all of these people are always thinking. Clearly you are a fan of two through four.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is important and should be the number 1 topic on the main menu...
Bump up

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They also use megaphones to gang up and ban posters on other sites who speak out against things like Israeli spying on the U.S. and acts of genocide and war. You know...things they deem "anti-Israeli" or "anti-Semitic." I know this firsthand.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
reply to post by signal2noise

That is not the point. The point is that we have, right here, a national government creating and distributing software with the sole purpose of pushing it's propaganda across multiple sources, and using software exploits to manipulate those sources into showing only their viewpoint.

This is Orwellian to an unheard of extreme. It is one thing to use shills, I'm sure every government does. It is an entirely different ballgame to create a way to automate such shilling, and thus drown out the opposition by sheer volume.

Why do you think it evil that the first Democracy in the Middle East, fighting for its survival, would make an effort to get out its side of the story?

What groups funded these "peace activists"?

Why would "peace activists" "carrying aid supplies" refuse to put into a port for inspection?

Why would "peace activists" attack sailors boarding a ship for an inspection?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

That is not the point. The point is that we have, right here, a national government creating and distributing software with the sole purpose of pushing it's propaganda across multiple sources, and using software exploits to manipulate those sources into showing only their viewpoint.

This is Orwellian to an unheard of extreme. It is one thing to use shills, I'm sure every government does. It is an entirely different ballgame to create a way to automate such shilling, and thus drown out the opposition by sheer volume.

Hrdcorehillbiolly's right, D.E.M.

Of course this is pure, scary 1984 madness, but there are things that ATS moderators can do about it, like IP banning when there is sufficient evidence that there are bots, or misguided users posting here. We are not totally powerless against the Mindwars of rogue governments.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Why do you think it evil that the first Democracy in the Middle East, fighting for its survival, would make an effort to get out its side of the story?

What groups funded these "peace activists"?

Why would "peace activists" "carrying aid supplies" refuse to put into a port for inspection?

Why would "peace activists" attack sailors boarding a ship for an inspection?

What a load of garbage...

Iran, Iraq and Egypt were the first democracies in the Middle-East. Turned out the right-wing extremist zionists in both Jerusalem and Washington didn't like to have leftist governments like Dr. Mosaddeq's in the region, so they used the CIA and MOSSAD to take them down bloodily, brutally murdering their State leaders and party supporters alike, Pinochet-style. They replaced these with the religious fanatic, misogynistic fascist regimes that are still around today. So much for Democracy in the Middle-East...

"What groups funded these "peace activists"?" What group is funding the MOSSAD?

"Why would "peace activists" attack sailors boarding a ship for an inspection?"

They were attacked by brutal military personnel with machine guns. They did not attack, they made an uprising to defend themselves. To blame these people for being violent agaisnt IDF soldiers is like blaming Jews in the Treblinka death camp for violently uprising against Nazis.

Israel's side of the story, we know it already. It is an history of invasion, invasion, and more invasion. All based on paranoia and jingoism, as usual. All sponsored by international banksters and US taxpayer's money.

[edit on 2/6/10 by Echtelion]

[edit on 2/6/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Don't mind me, coming through this #-fest.
I just wanted to ask how on earth would one assume this is a governmental effort?

Have you even bothered to look at the 'about us' page?
giyus.org...
"Giyus.org is a coalition of Jewish and pro-Israeli organizations working together "

Then there's the 'Partners' page..
giyus.org...
Again, no government affiliation.

Yes, I am a pro-Israeli opinionated person and I also think these kind of web-activist rallying is absurd and pathetic, mostly more harmful than useful for it's own side.

Still, people need to get their facts straight. Few confused people have fused together to create this site, nothing more, surely no official government relation.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by SparKzzzz]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by SparKzzzz]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Look - OP - to respond to your last comment toward me -

If you are going to discuss "Pro Israel Propaganda" on this board - the flip side is going to be argued too.

It is not off topic and it is not a directed insult - there ARE groups that deliberately propagandize (any and all sides) - and an awful lot of "anti Israel" stuff has popped up here lately.

And it is not "discussion" - there is so much of it that it is deliberate spam. Certain groups have published on the net - for all to see - their plans to propagandize and infiltrate other boards.

And the same topics followed by a similar group of people seem to keep popping up here. And it is not any "discussion" - its just constant BS.

YOU YOURSELF opened the topic of "Pro Israel" Sentiment - and some "conspiracy" to propagate that here on this board. Propaganda then is *your* subject.

Be prepared for someone to point out other angles of YOUR subject or else don't bring it up.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
It is not off topic and it is not a directed insult - there ARE groups that deliberately propagandize (any and all sides) - and an awful lot of "anti Israel" stuff has popped up here lately.

You're flailing wildly here and it seems a nerve has been touched.

Prove it. Post an example. A few years on ATS ago people had to prove the nonsense they spewed. Due to the fact that propaganda has surfaced already, and that fact has been PROVEN, I'm willing to argue that Israel is wrong here.

"Yeah, but nuh uh, they're probably doing it too" doesn't cut the mustard.

When your actions are righteous you don't spawn propaganda immediately.

This poster,Yitro, is CLEARLY an arm of a pro-Israel propaganda wing. Maybe at the very least you can find a poster with the opposite agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
While I personally find government sponsored internet brigades annoying and deplorable, I find it a bit confusing that when Israel tried to save face by delivering the aid from the floatilla to Gaza, it was refused. Is this not about helping people, or what? Are the Palestinians like mother birds that will reject aid after it's been touched by Israelis? I'm not a fan of the Israeli regime, but if the goal was to get this aid to the people of Gaza why was it rejected? This is starting to look like nothing more than a political stunt...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sunsetspawn - afraid I'm not "flailing wildly" here and you can read as well as anyone that the ORIGINAL TOPIC HERE is "Propaganda".

Which was a complaint about "Pro Israel" Propaganda - here - and I have pointed out that there is an awful lot of ANTI Israel Propaganda on here as well. Propaganda IS the subject at hand - is it not?

Which I think this thread is NOTHING BUT. It's yet another attempt to stir the pot.

You wanted proof of organized ANTI Israel Propaganda? I already discussed the particular SF thread and cannot link a 'hate' site here (tried, cannot link to this site).
But its certainly published for all to see and unless your Mommy has a block on your browser you should be able to find it.

These people are broadcasting their Propaganda tactics for all to see. And they are clearly on this site as well.

But go ahead and get all bent because someone figured out you and your kind's tactics.

Sorry, most can see through you. Try harder next time.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Fine, Ill test it....ISREAL FLOTILLA GAZA AGRESSION ANTIiISRAEL DOWN WITH ISRAES ISRAEL GOVERNMENT SUCKS ISLAM FREE PRISONERS GAZA AID FREE PRISONERS USS Liberty incident

Now we wait....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Okay, maybe I'm not seeing things clearly but I just saw a video showing the passengers on the flotilla yank the Israeli soldiers of the ropes and beat them with metal bars and chairs. So a few people got dead. Things like that happen in these situations. But to slam Israel for killing some of those passengers is wrong. If I was getting beat on I would most likely shoot a few people myself. Of course I could be wrong and I'm sure I will be told so.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Banning the software, or its use, will never be the answer.

Critical thinking and being smarter than the software always will be.

In virtually every realm of today's (and especially tomorrow's) world, the future prospect is more of the same.

On ATS, economicly, politically etc....

Son of Will is right.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dougie b

You saw it perfectly well...just saw that. BEING 100% ANTI-ISRAELI IS STUPID!!! PROPAGANDA SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO FLOURISH!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It is getting tedious all this Israel bashing , all these infantile accussations against this nation.
Israel is everyday fighting for its life.
They are not perfect ...but who would you rather have in control of the Middle East Israel or Iran?
See it is simple when you look without predjudice.
I have worked in Kibbutzes and have lived for a time in Israel, they are a beautiful society.
Their religion is misunderstood, in the world they are persecuted due to this misunderstanding.
Iam a catholic but I respect the Judean perspective .
The holocaust happened and it would colour any nation spresent if they had been the victims.
Evil will always deny its own existence and seek allies.
We need this country of survivors as our friends , for many reasons.
I am sick of all this baseless hate against them

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's concerning that free speech must riddled with automated-type propaganda that is funded by an organization. It's unfair.

Perhaps propaganda is not the correct term for this phenomenon.

This looks more like it -

en.wikipedia.org...

Information warfare is the use and management of information in pursuit of a competitive advantage over an opponent. Information warfare may involve collection of tactical information, assurance(s) that one's own information is valid, spreading of propaganda or disinformation to demoralize the enemy and the public, undermining the quality of opposing force information and denial of information-collection opportunities to opposing forces. Information warfare is closely linked to psychological warfare.

and a sub category:
en.wikipedia.org...

Techniques

Astroturfing is a form of propaganda whose techniques usually consist of a few people attempting to give the impression that mass numbers of enthusiasts advocate some specific cause. In the UK this technique is better known as "rent-a-crowd" after the successful "rent-a-crate" business.

Black propaganda is information that purports to be from a source on one side of a conflict, but is actually from the opposing side. Most astroturfing is black propaganda in that the identity of the source is falsified. However, the ostensible source of the evidence planted is usually not a grassroots organization. When black propaganda uses the same means as astroturfing, the distinction is less clear,

It has become easier to structure a commercial astroturfing campaign in the electronic era because the cost and effort to send an e-mail (especially a pre-written, sign-your-name-at-the-bottom e-mail) is so low. Companies may use a boiler room full of telephones and computers where hired activists locate people and groups who create enthusiasm for the specified cause. Also, the use of psychographics allows hired supporters to persuade their targeted audience.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join