It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Mysterious and Sacred Places of the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My partner and I are planning on a one year world wide backpacking trip to seek out the most mysterious and sacred places of the world. My partner is interested in lost civilizations and the supression of the truth about our origins. I am interested in energy, and meeting with indigeneous peoples to experience spiritual rituals/ceremonies.

Could anyone give suggestions on where we should go? What tribes I could contact?

For instance we went to Peru and did a 2 week spiritual journey with the Q'ero where we received Medicine Rites, did ayahuasca and visited not only the high profile ruins (such as Machu Picchu), but the virutally unknown ones as well. It was incrediable talking to the locals about myths, legends, and U.F.O.s (which is a very frequent occurance)...there is so much information being concealed!

We believe that many tribes of the earth hold secrets, and would like to experience life as they do.

Any information would be great!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I wish I could remember their names off hand but I can't, if it comes to me I will let you know, it is something like 'cloud people' or something or other in the Amazon are known to have some powerful medicine. But be warned they are very mistrusting of outsiders, so you may want to try to find someone to lead you to them. There was a story on them awhile back about an incident between them and the government I think in Brazil but I can't remember that either. Good luck in your quest, if I remember the name I will edit .

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
I wish I could remember their names off hand but I can't, if it comes to me I will let you know, it is something like 'cloud people' or something or other in the Amazon are known to have some powerful medicine. But be warned they are very mistrusting of outsiders, so you may want to try to find someone to lead you to them. There was a story on them awhile back about an incident between them and the government I think in Brazil but I can't remember that either. Good luck in your quest, if I remember the name I will edit .

I think you are confusing the Chachapoyas, an extinct tribe of the Peruvian Amazon with the Kogi, Arhuaco, and Wiwa tribes of the Sierra Nevada of Colombia.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Go to Uluru in Australia at daw before the hordes of tourists descend. The atmosphere there is something else. Even once it gets busier.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wandering Spirit

It would be cool if you could make a thread on your experiences. I would like to hear what you were told and what you saw.

As far as sacred places, I'm not sure but you have been to one I would love to go to. Machu Picchu. I would think the Hopi's would be interesting to meet and talk to.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your responses! Keep em coming

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

I found that article about the discovery of the city of "Cloud people" in Peru. I can see what you are saying. I may be, I will do a little digging they maybe closer towards Ecuador now that I think about it then Brazil.

Finally found the name the reason I remember them is because of recent attack that left some of them dead, Taromenane, in the Yasuni National Park, they along with the Tageri are two of the last remaining uncontacted tribes. I got confused because of their proximity to the Cloud rainforest in Ecuador, so sorry for the mistake. But at last that mix up is fixed.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Golithion]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Here is quite a comprehensive list of sacred sites from all over the world .

Atlas of Sacred Sites Around the World

There might be a few places you had not heard of before .

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Go to Delphi /Greece. This place is buzzing with strange energy. Go there in the middle of the day/blazing sun. Its grand.

Info on Delphi

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I may be able to do a thread! I'm in the process of creating blogs and a website and would like to incorporate my Peru trip.

Some of the topics discussed were:
-The Golden Disc from Lemeuria, what it contains and where it may be
-Aramu Muru - what happened there and why the locals are afraid ot it...and the other 4 gateways
-The Lost Underground city of Akakor in the Amazon
-The strange pencil thin lights coming up from Lake Titicaca
-The Underground Tunnels of Sillustani

It was interesting with the Q'ero...they live way up in the Andes (completely away from civilization) and do not speak English (and we do not speak Quechua)....but when we showed them a picture of an alien (on a towel we got at Roswell lol) they got reallllly excited and started pointing to the sky and talking really fast. According to the translator they were calling it a picture of God.....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
POssible sites ( even n the US)
Great Serpent Mound - little visited, but worth the trip.

Chokia - massive earthworks, reson for abandonment up in the air.

Poverty Point - in it's day, possibly the largest group of people on the planet.

I assume you've already don, Yellowstone, Glacier, and Yosemite.

One place that is a bit hard to get to is Tracy Arm. a spectactular glacial fijord in Alaska.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This would be a swell place to go and chill. I say again Seven top hot spots in vortex paradise.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

When "Lemuria" was nothing but a thought experiment or Hypothesis by Philip Sclater to arrive a conclusion for the presence of lemur fossils in Madagascar island and in the Indian subcontinent, how can a golden disc come up in a hypothetical continent?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

When "Lemuria" was nothing but a thought experiment or Hypothesis by Philip Sclater to arrive a conclusion for the presence of lemur fossils in Madagascar island and in the Indian subcontinent, how can a golden disc come up in a hypothetical continent?

*shrugs* I may have gotten that mixed up...that's my partners interest...im more into the spiritual aspect

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'd have to visit Aramu Muru and stand within the doorway.
It is in Peru, I mean, you can't go wrong with Peru. There are lots and lots of other mysterious structures to explore in Peru.

Another similar in nature megalithic structure is Aramu Muru near the Lake Titicaca.

Lake Titicaca, on the borders of Peru and Bolivia, is where Inca legends say life on Earth was first created by Viracocha. In the center of the lake is the Island of the Sun, with an ancient, sacred temple. Nearby is Sillustani, where mysterious burial towers called chulpas were once plated with gold and held the remains of Inca royalty.

A few miles away is Aramu Muru’s Portal, a doorway-shaped niche in a stone outcropping, located in a region known as the Valley of the Spirits. The local villagers who walked with us refused to come close to the portal. They tell stories about people disappearing through the solid rock.

www.astralrealms.com...

www.labyrinthina.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wandering Spirit

I may be able to do a thread! I'm in the process of creating blogs and a website and would like to incorporate my Peru trip.

-Aramu Muru - what happened there and why the locals are afraid ot it...and the other 4 gateways

I would like to point out a few more things

Is this Akakor the same Akakor you/your partner is speaking of? it seems to be a hoax!!

As for the "tunnels' in the tombs at Sillustani, sorry, i couldnt see any info at all. perhaps you/your partner could post some links to it?

as to the "Puerta de Hayu Marca" or the "Aramu Muru" as it is otherwise called, not buying anything until the door is opened..

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
I'd have to visit Aramu Muru and stand within the doorway.
It is in Peru, I mean, you can't go wrong with Peru. There are lots and lots of other mysterious structures to explore in Peru.

Another similar in nature megalithic structure is Aramu Muru near the Lake Titicaca.

Lake Titicaca, on the borders of Peru and Bolivia, is where Inca legends say life on Earth was first created by Viracocha. In the center of the lake is the Island of the Sun, with an ancient, sacred temple. Nearby is Sillustani, where mysterious burial towers called chulpas were once plated with gold and held the remains of Inca royalty.

A few miles away is Aramu Muru’s Portal, a doorway-shaped niche in a stone outcropping, located in a region known as the Valley of the Spirits. The local villagers who walked with us refused to come close to the portal. They tell stories about people disappearing through the solid rock.

www.astralrealms.com...

www.labyrinthina.com...

We went to all these places as well. There were some neat stories about the places we went from the locals. Not sure whats true or not but it was interesting to say the least!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

Originally posted by The Wandering Spirit

I would like to point out a few more things

Is this Akakor the same Akakor you/your partner is speaking of? it seems to be a hoax!!

As for the "tunnels' in the tombs at Sillustani, sorry, i couldnt see any info at all. perhaps you/your partner could post some links to it?

as to the "Puerta de Hayu Marca" or the "Aramu Muru" as it is otherwise called, not buying anything until the door is opened..

meh... all I said is that there were a lot of interesting stories told by the locals. I never said that I believed all of them to be true. This thread wasn't intended to discuss my past trip, but to give ideas about my upcoming one.

I'm like you, I analyze and question...I went to see Aramu Muru, and it was really cool to see but I'm not sure that there is much more to it than a big piece of rock. I did however experience the fear of the locals regarding it and saw the reminants of where people had performed ceremonies at it. It was also interesting to hear our translators expereince with taking people there.

I hear that there are more alleged "portals" in the world....know where the other ones are?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Where did the ancient advanced civilization hide their time capsule?
The calendar Message has shown me the hidden entrance to this place!
A short history.
There was one image which I had found in the matrix of the Calendar Message which I did not understand for a long time.
I found an image that was similar in form to an island.
I saw an outline and landform on this island.
I could see a three-dimensional image.
1). The island consists of two main parts connected to each other roughly in the shape of an "H"
2). On the island there are four mountains located in the angles of parallelogram.
(Parallelogram see en.wikipedia.org...)
3). The island is orientated in a southeast - northwest.
4). The most part of the island has a gulf.
In one place on the image there is spot marked by a small cross.

Where is there an island with such landform and outlines?
At last I have found the place!
The outlines and landforms coincide!
There are four mountains located in the angles of a parallelogram.
I found all four features on this island, that coincided with the image that I got from the Calendar Message!
On an aerial photo of the island I have drawn a circle right where the point on the image was marked with a cross.
On studying the photo more closely, I saw there was a circle already!
This circle was hardly visible until you view it from a different height.

Now you too can see this place!

- Open Google maps maps.google.com...
- Click the menu item “Satellite” to get the view from space.
- Paste the URL of my KMZ file www.pakhomov.com...
into the “Maps search” box and click Search.

You will see the image with my round mark in the centre.
Slowly zoom out from that point.
You will see a distinct light-coloured circle on the land.
My round mark "Heritage" will be in the centre of this circle.
In this place there is a hidden entry to the Heritage of the ancient advanced civilization.

You can also use my file heritage.kmz with the program Google Earth.
www.google.com...
In the Google Earth program you will need to set the parameters for the best quality images.

Save the images you find.
Google can change the set of photos and this place will look different each time.
Then you can see the changes that have occurred over time.
Changes will be evident.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Goldfield, NV, USA-Is rumored to be one of Hell's Gates. I've been there several times. Eerie place.

Sedona, AZ-Sacred Ground

South Dakota-Sacred Indian Ground

Pyramid Lake, NV=Paiute Indian Reservation, Sacred Ground

Four Corners of Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico-Sacred Ground being polluted.

Arkansas-Rumored to be the Quartz Quarry for Atlantis.

Batesville, AR-There is a cave that is rumored to lead to the center of the earth. Some call it another gate of Hell. Locals have informed me that the passage leads to an underground lake. Tradition states, Cherokees would fight with "Blue Men" who came from the caves.

Lovelock, NV=Lovelock Cave-Giant Human Remains have been excavated from the site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join