It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Been Something Other Than Human in Your Dreams?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I can't stop thinking about this dream I had. I've always been myself in dreams. Sometimes I'm wearing stupid clothes or my hair might be different but it's always me.

About a month or so ago I fell asleep really fast, it usually takes me awhile but that night I was gone as soon as I hit the pillow. My dream started out with me walking through the woods near my house. I was walking toward a high rocky outcropping where I sometimes sit and look out over the eastern plane. It's a beautiful view and the rocks I sit on are arranged like a throne. One of my favorite places.

Anyway as I get closer I realize someone is sitting there with their back to me......it's me! My long hair is covering my back and shoulders but it's much longer, darker and so shiny it looks oiled. I'm sitting with my head down I can't see my face but I know it's me. I stand there for a moment trying to figure out whats going on when the "me" sitting on the rocks begins to raise her head to look out over the plane. It's then I can see the beak coming up into view. What at first looked like my hair had now turned into the sleek head, neck and back of a jet black cormorant. It now stood with it's head & neck stretched up wings ready for flight and that's when I woke up.

Nothing wakes me up after I've gone to sleep I had a tough time going back. I've never dreamed of turning into an animal or another person it's always just me. I live in Colorado I don't think we get cormorants passing through at least none that I've seen. We get huge black ravens I see them all the time but after doing some image searches I'm certain it was a cormorant.

It was such a strange and vivid dream. I didn't feel anything bad in the dream but the strangeness of it bugs me. Have any of you ever turned into an animal in your dreams? I would like to do it again only this time maybe take flight. I would like some input on similar experiences and maybe a way I could make it happen again. What could it mean?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
What it means is you are much more than just one single human.

Study the cormorant, learn to also see the world through the cool, far seeing eyes of this bird.

In this world you will experience loss, failure and apparent defeat, but only temporarily. Like the cormorant you will rise above it all, seeing events in context and gaining a wide understanding.

Like the cormorant, you will need to leave your nest, but be faithful to your heart, and your instincts will guide you to your new home.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I never remember dreaming at night, so i do not know.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I had a dream about 3 years ago that was so strange I will never forget it. I remember some type of a culling going on, and I was the last of my kind. I don't know what my face looked like, because there were no mirrors, but I was taller, and covered in thick black fur, about and inch or two long. I was walking on 2 legs, and I remember my arm the best. I was requesting that I be put down humanely, instead of violently, I remember a really thick needle going into my arm to put me down, and I woke up while I was dying in my dream. When I woke up I was hitting my upper arm like I was trying to get the poison out. That part was really disturbing. It was hard to go back to sleep.

I have always wondered what type of creature I was supposed to be, and where or when this was supposed to take place. This is the only time I dreamed that I wasn't human.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

It is too bad you didn't get to fly in your dream, can you imaging the sights you could have seen!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
other than getting stabbed shot hit punched or running away in my dreams i dont remember much.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thanks Kailassa for your insight. I hoped it wouldn't mean anything bad. The dream felt good and was so beautiful. I will read more about the bird. I don't think I've ever seen one in real life maybe on TV. I don't know why I would dream about one. Just struck me as really odd. I'm not a frequent dreamer I sleep way too sound and usually have trouble going to sleep.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Very interesting dream. It reminded me of one I had about a large furry tornado creature that was chasing me and a group of people down a ravine. Maybe it was you.

(edit to add) I wish I would have taken flight. For a brief moment I saw through the birds eyes. I could see another nearby outcropping and the vast blue sky with a few clouds but I couldn't see land just lots of blue. The outcropping I was on seemed higher than normal.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Morningglory]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

That's terrible. I have frustrating stupid dreams and sometimes they might be a little scary but I've never been hurt in a dream. I use to dream about pulling my own teeth a lot but it never hurt. I was having dental issues at the time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I was a cat in a dream one time...didn't start out as a cat though.

It was pretty creepy...I was with a group of people, who were my friends but I don't know any of them in real life, and we were in this creepy house...and I'm pretty sure we were looking for this cat. Once we found the cat, it was on a ledge above us, it hissed at us and seemed very unpleasent...had yellow glowing eyes. Then it looked at me...and all of a sudden I realized...I'm the cat. Next thing you know...I'm looking at the group of people through the cat's eyes, me included (my human self), and I am filled with hate and rage directed towards them. And I pounced from the ledge and attacked them...I attacked one person...scratching and biting...they ran off. Then I attacked ME (me as a human)...and I could feel both the pain of the scratches and bites and the fear of this cat attacking me as my human self and I could feel the satisfaction and joy from my cat self...very very odd. I had feelings and thoughts of both wanting the cat to stop (as my "human" mind) and wanting to keep attacking (as my "cat" mind). Another odd thing is as my human self as I was being attacked....I just stood there like a statue...didn't even react but felt everything. I figured it was because my mind was inside the cat and my body was just a shell standing there. Next...as my cat self, I turn and chase another of the group upstairs...it was a female and she was running up the stairs screaming...and then I am my human self again. Got up and ran...I don't remember if I ran out of the house or ran after the cat...I seem to remember doing both...end of dream.

I'll never forget that dream...it was a freaky one for sure...the feelings were so intense and real from both my human self and my "cat self". And I remember the house perfectly...never seen it in real life but I could draw it if I had any drawing ability.

And I think that was the only time I dreamt myself as being something else. Giving me chills just thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is a strange one. Do you own cats? What I find strange about these types of dreams is the fact that we are seeing two very different representations of ourselves at the same time. I often see myself walking around doing things in my dreams but I've never seen myself portrayed as something else. I've never met another version of me in a dream ever.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Nope...don't own cats...actually I am allergic to cats and I don't really like them all too much
I like kittens...just not adult cats.

It is odd that I was two things at once...but I didn't seem to have control of my body when I was the cat...just my thoughts and feelings.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Usually that only happens when I fall asleep watching a movie or something along those lines. I do remember falling asleep after meditating and dreaming I was a black wolf crossing a blue creek, all I could see is a reflection of black fur, and four paws, but I could see the others running in the distance, so I assumed I was the same. Other than that nope.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have "dreams" where four Dolphins come and collect me and we all swim really fast for quite along time, til we come to an Island. At this point I am in Dolphin form. There's a sort of temple there, and I am often told and shown things by these beings, by this point, they are humanoid and so am I. I always return (swimming, in Dolphin form) on my own.

I hear a loud harsh buzz/bell, then I am shooting through the water with my dolphin "friends.

On one occassion, when I was summoned to the temple to recieve something, The person giving me this scroll thing, who seemed to be a very stern and important person, turned out to be a very old woman, but it was me! She didn't seem too happy with me cos I had refused to do something. That part was a bit scary.

I have kind of looked into it and it seems to be Astral/interdimensional travel. Strange, but fun!

These are not the type of dreams I would ever have expected to have. And since they often come hand in hand with precognitive dreams, I don't really put them in the same category as normal dreams.

No I don't think they are abductions by Grays... These beings are so loving, like close family of some kind.

Anyone else experience this type of thing?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
[edit on 1-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

That sounds like such a pleasant dream. I love the water it would be more typical for me to dream about being a fish than a bird although it was a sea bird.

It's funny you mention the loud harsh buzzing. I've only heard this a few times and it's usually before having a very vivid dream. I guess I would rather see myself as a bird than an old woman. It's a little disturbing to run into yourself in a dream. Not what I expected. Could you actually see a resemblance in this older you?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It sounds to me that you were communing with your animal totem. When we are really in tune with them, we can see through their eyes. I definitely agree that you should study cormorants. I had never heard of them before and now this is the second thread that they have been metioned in today. Really interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No, I just knew it was me as soon as we made eye contact.

I'm scared of water. Flying as a bird would have been more what I would have expected in a dream.

Yes, these dreams are very vivid, and often acompany, but not always, precog dreams.

S&F for your thread. It would be good if some others with similar "Dreams" of being animals came forward.

You may have further dreams where you will remember flying. Hope so.

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've never dreampt of being someting other than human, but being from ancient Egypt has featured a lot in my dreams.

The most bizzare dream was yesterday, i dreampt i was having an affair with Mary Poppins, then i woke up in a total panic because i had to explain to my girlfriend why i was sleeping with a magical nanny!

Took me a good couple of minutes to realise it had all been a dream.

There have been many a time where i have dreampt of being chased by non-human creatures, but i was never one myself.

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes, several times.

But it was mostly when I was a kid, it happend quite regulary. But it was no existence which you can compare with any living creature in a regular sense.
I myself was just the pure essence of existence, there were strange entities there which you could describe like animated fractal patterns, the were alive and I could interact with them in ways not thinkable in the real world.
But there was something very disturbing about it because once I went too far the difference between the realities grew so large that waking up was so horrible and sudden that i screamed like mad...
I could even connect to this existence on a platonic scale while awake back then, which gave a strange kind of feeling. In some moments it can still happen from time to time but it is rare.

I researched something about it and it seems that this is quite common, and there is a special name for these entities... I don't remember the website and the term, but it claimed that these entities are somehow steering this reality.. and that they live in the center of the galaxy...

I will post more if I remember, although I am sceptic about the real role of these things.

PS: I also had some dreams where I was some kind of physical creature other than human myself and others in the dream as well, is was still this reality like on an alien planet. But nothing quite substantial in comparison because it was still the same plane of existence like this one

[edit on 1-6-2010 by kybertech]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join