It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Been Something Other Than Human in Your Dreams?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

I see what you mean. Sure you could have had a more quiet realization that it was a dream. Everything becomes clearer and there is something in the back of your head that is never fully understood, call it awareness. That said, the typical first lucid dream of most any dreamer is to somehow notice it and say, "Oh my gosh I'm dreaming!" and to wake seconds later from excitement. Most would say it's not truly lucid until you say those words, or literally think them out.

But yes, what you had was more than just any normal dream. If you were actively pursuing lucid dreaming, these sorts of experiences would mean you are knocking right on the door to lucidity. You are very very close. People post their dream journals online. Almost all of their lucids start with an affirmation of, "Hey! Wait this is a dream!" Or something along those lines.

It's a spectrum. Even lucid dreams have low and high levels of lucidity, that being just HOW aware you are it's a dream. So you could call them a dream on the less lucid side of the spectrum. That vividness though, can come from even the most non-lucid dreams. I'm just trying to give you a clear definition on it, because I think there is more for you, an experience of blatant lucidity awaits.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

That's just how I feel like I'm "knocking at the door." I feel these dreams are trying to show me something. The dreams want me to pay closer attention for whatever reason. Whether that door opens for me or not I like the experience of these more vivid dreams.

I did feel a sense of sadness when leaving these dreamscapes.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

As scientific as dreaming seems to become at times, everytime I try to operate under the mindset that dreams are meaningless creations of the mind, it comes back to bite me. Maybe you felt sad because the dream was very real to your "Self." Regardless, I can tell you are at a place where you can have some wonderful experiences and learn a lot about yourself. That in-between place that will (and only can) only last for so long. To thine own self be true, trust yourself, be yourself. Be accepting of what you find, even if it bothers you, you have a lifetime to figure it out, sort it out. Open the door, cast aside fear. If you've already done that, I don't mean to nag, I'm just trying to offer some encouragement, and reminders.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Thanks so much for your wise words.

To thine own self be true, trust yourself, be yourself. Be accepting of what you find, even if it bothers you, you have a lifetime to figure it out, sort it out. Open the door, cast aside fear.

It's odd that you should choose these words...."To thy own self be true" is something I have said to others often. I have been more successful in some areas than others. I'm finally learning to let go of the old baggage that has weighed me down for too long now. Maybe this is the reason for the change in my dreams. Very insightful of you thanks again.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In my dreams no. However, I have seen my own reflection in a mirror change, and I have seen many different faces, male and female. I have also seen my own image change into something not human. It was humanoid, but not human, and it wasn't evil, it just looked different than a human.

I see this in other people too, but so far i have only seen people's faces change into other faces, as if seeing their images from previous lives.

In one instance what I saw was the shadow of a woman over one of my ex-girfriends, and it seemed to be trying to suffocate her. When I told her this she explained to me that she had been cursed by a woman, and she was in fact possessed before I knew her. She had been exorcised and after that she became very religious, but she never tried to push her beliefs. She was/is an exceptional person.

To this day I can still see this. Whenever i look into a mirror i see my image change into other faces, and the same happens when looking at other people for long. Sometimes I see them as an older person, or the image of a different sex than they are.

BTW, i have never been diagnosed with any sort of mental illness. I have had scans/mris of my brain and there was/is nothing wong with me.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

My dreams seem like something other than "human".

and to answer your question, yes.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well thats weird. Ive absolutely never been anything other than me, a human, in my dreams. Ive never been an animal, an object, anything. I wonder why that is? You would think that at some point you would dream of being a cat or something.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

You're right you would think once in awhile we would dream about being our favorite pet or animal. Haven't really thought about it that way. Seems it's fairly common for some to reinvent themselves in their dreams. It's a bit strange and new for me.

Most of my dreams make me laugh they can be so stupid. My husband is still teasing me about the Guy Fietti dream and a few others I won't mention.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wished some one would invent something of VCR or DVR that could tape and record dreams just like a TV show. That would be so cool. Some of my dreams would be better than anything Hollywood could ever make.
And yes, I have had dreams where I was not human.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

"Have You Ever Been Something Other Than Human in Your Dreams?"

Um yes i was me but drank the silver blood of the devil and turned into a demon/devil super thing. Its hard to say just what it was about but long story shot thats what happened. Freaky dream and i have no clue what it meant. There was more but again short version.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I had a dream about 3 years ago that was so strange I will never forget it. I remember some type of a culling going on, and I was the last of my kind. I don't know what my face looked like, because there were no mirrors, but I was taller, and covered in thick black fur, about and inch or two long. I was walking on 2 legs, and I remember my arm the best. I was requesting that I be put down humanely, instead of violently, I remember a really thick needle going into my arm to put me down, and I woke up while I was dying in my dream. When I woke up I was hitting my upper arm like I was trying to get the poison out. That part was really disturbing. It was hard to go back to sleep.

I have always wondered what type of creature I was supposed to be, and where or when this was supposed to take place. This is the only time I dreamed that I wasn't human.

i always wake up when i'm about to die in a dream, it's happened many times, i've been pushed off a roof, a velocer raptor came through the window of my car, murdered by my grandfather who i never met, trampled by a 20ft bull.. etc.

on a side note i dont think ive ever died, "normal", in a dream.

edit: and to the OP, yes, i have been something other than myself, i am a lucid dreamer so i often morph into someone who is an extra foot taller, or a werewolf, or a bird etc.

i remember a dream when i was like 3-4 years old, i have never forgotten it as i actually pee'd the bed, i was a wooly mammoth on a boat with some other animals who could actually talk too, it wasnt exactly "real" as it was slightly an animation, but i pee'd against one of the mast's and it happened in real life too (ps. please note i was 3-4 years old haha)

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Dr Slim]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Once I dreamt I was a vampire; and there was a vampire from another klan wanted to kill me..
LOL

In the same dream I also transformed into a bat.
And since I was faster and smarter, I escaped

[edit on 30/6/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nice thread S+F......
I have been many different people and creatures in my dreams, the most memorable was a white/blue Dragon. A great disaster was about to ensue I was running. I began to run up a tower frame as I reached the top I transformed into a Dragon and flew far into the air and into space. I stopped after realising I was way out in the middle of the Cosmos, as I made my way back I awoke.

As a humanoid alot taller than I am now, on the hangar bay of a huge ship in space, being sent on recon missions and S&D type missions against insectiod type foes. I have absolutely loads of these most of the time. I should write a book.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Yes you should write a book! I'm so envious. Space has always held a special fascination for me. I stargaze most nights before bed yet I never dream of space. Although my underwater dreams do feel space-like.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Not only am I going to stick to the thread title, but also talk about the situation in the dream.

In one of my earlier dreams there was a change in perception of a human form to a wolf.

I was inside of a small create box.
I lifted the box.
The color of everything turned red to look at two dream characters.
The dream characters had cut out sheep skin over their body.
My mouth was that of a large wolf with red vision.

I have dreams of cartoons.
These are with national television characters and new characters.
Both types of cartoons are new and are different in every aspect of the story line.

If I'm in a dream then I'm asleep.
I'm in a dream.
Therefore, I'm asleep.

Yes! It's possible to be something other then human in a dream.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Old thread I know, but here's my answer:

When I am not myself I have been a cartoon character. Like from the Simpsons.
Or a dead hollywood actress who shows up in my dreams a lot.

My dreams are so vivid. I answer riddles/puzzles in my dreams..anagram type stuff. Very weird. I'll just wake up out of no where with an answer to a puzzle I didn't even know was to be solved.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have been something that runs on all fours, jumps, flies, hovers and scares the crap out of people... but I have no idea what I looked like. I have been a running animal a lot n my dreams and often I am trying to run normal and find it easier to start running on all fours.

In one dream I was on all fours but facing up walking around in the dark being some really creepy thing... again no idea what it looked like.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I recommend you to try and read the book Zhuan Falun below in my signature. It can explain all those things for you and also how to become a truly good person with supernormal powers and your third eye open.

Wish you good luck!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Have any of you ever turned into an animal in your dreams?

I've been meaning to get back to this thread forever - but mood to write about it and time to follow through are not coming together.

Answer though - yes, and have been other people too. My favorites are when I'm a dolphin(?) swimming, diving deep then turning up and leaping out of the water; a hawk or eagle(?) flying high, surveying, diving down, gliding; a wolf loping; deer running. It's all very sensual and aware: smell, sight, hearing. ...as a child I dreamed of growing up to be a very tall black-haired brown-eyed woman, but in reality am short, blonde, blue-eyed.

Thanks again for the thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Quite often I am not human in my dreams I am in what I call my Wolf form "Spirit" running free with my other brothers (Wolves) through the forests in any season rarely encountering humans, except in the dreams where and when I had met my wife to be and eventually married her. Long Story. Anyways as far as I can tell, you really can't tell if you are there or dreaming you have heightened senses and perception and can feel and smell the life in everything and hear over great distances etc... It's really very cool I always remember these dreams.
Hope this adds something for you to think about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join