It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Been Something Other Than Human in Your Dreams?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
reply to post by snowspirit

Very interesting dream. It reminded me of one I had about a large furry tornado creature that was chasing me and a group of people down a ravine. Maybe it was you.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Morningglory]

Nah, I was a very passive creature, more like Chewbacca than a tornado. Maybe others of my kind were aggressive, it would explain the culling!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tk2dsky

I've heard of animal totems appearing in dreams but I didn't think the dreamer actually became the animal. It's not a bird I particularly think about. I didn't know it's name until I did some image searches for black water birds. What was the other thread that mentioned cormorants?

reply to post by maya27

I would very much like to continue on with that dream. I've tried to repeat it with no luck. I've had far more vivid dreams lately though. Maybe a long walk in the woods will bring it back.

reply to post by CX

Loved the Mary Poppins dream. I had a celebrity dream the other night it was Guy Fietti from diners drive-ins and dives, I was licking his fingers
For some reason I didn't want to tell my hubby about it. I don't have a thing for Guy Fietti. I could think of much better people.

reply to post by kybertech

I'll have to do a search on dream entities. Most of my dreams are boring everyday dreams if I dream at all. When I have a really vivid odd dream it makes me wonder what's different? Why the sudden strangeness? Can't be just stress we all live with that daily. I enjoy hearing about other people's dreams. My hubby is always looking for his car. I tell him I'm off driving it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have been a cat once too in a non-lucid. I was a little black cat.I LOVED hiding under the bed. All I wanted to do was be sneaky.

Also I have tried to transform into a halfling. I got shorter to the ground but never saw my appearance. The world around me may have slightly, into a more lighthearted mood.

Truth is the OP could probably learn to become a cormorant bird at will through proper lucid training. Some lucid dreamers are wonderful at transforming themselves. But I would also pay attention to the insights offered. In dreams your mind chooses certain things for some reason, also in dreams different people are talented in different skills.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have been a dog before. It was an amazing feeling. I was running through a forest at full speed and loving the moment.

Then I woke up. I wanted to be a doggy again after that.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Now I remember, these entities are actually described in relation to the '___' drug. They are called "'___' Elves" or "Machine Elf".

I remember reading about it on this article www.tripzine.com...
Haven't found the statement about these "elves" as the inhabitats of the center of the galaxy again though.

The description fits quite exactly how it felt. And they are also attributed to lucid dreaming / astral traveling etc... so I guess this is it.
Although I never had any lucid dreaming as of like a computergenerated world inside my head which I can control. But from this perspective it seems pretty tame anyways because it's defently not like anything you ought to think of. But as of the current scientifc theory everything you can dream of has to come from your brain somehow, the problem is the that there was no space in a regular kind of way, they "looked" more 2 dimensional but when I "touched" them they were like 7 dimensions while I couln't tell how many dimensions "space" had because I was kind of submerged in it. Also i never was able to figure out if I myself was one of these entities or not...
And one thing, many times it was kind of unpleasant being confronted with an appearing entity. I was like "uh not again", while if I actively embraced them it felt much better. While avoiding them they seemed more like a shadow made of spiderweb thorns when embraced they became colorful dynamic moredimensional beings interconnected while becoming a reality of its own.

Haven't had this intensity of an experience in my adult life though.

As for general dreams and intensity doing one hour of yoga exercises everyday helps alot in remembering the dreams I had when I wake up. But be careful not to overdo it, from a metaphysical standpoint its ok to build you own little hideing place in your head but don't try to bringing the outside world into it or try to change something in reality, no joke... lets just say I had a bad episode because of it...

But then again this may differ from person to person, no wonder there are somany gurus out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

'___' elves sounds like the peyote man in the Carlos Castaneda books.

I haven't tried yoga or meditation I'm much too hyper. Walks seem to work best for me. I find the fact that we lay down into a coma-like state every night to dream fascinating. We spend a large part of our lives exploring dreamscapes of our own design. It seems there must be more to it than our brains just resetting and resting.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
hmmm, a post about a large furry tornado like creature made me remember something. I do remember dreaming I was like a cartoon version of the tasmanian devil in at least a couple of dreams and would spin around like a tornado even though I remember appearing like a real creature. Anything I came into contact with I could really destroy or knock the crap out of. I thought that was a cool cartoon creature.

I used to routinely lucid dream so I could do whatever I wanted to do. In one dream I was a tornado. In one dream where I could alter just about anything, I wiped out the Earth and everything on it and recreated it about 7 times before I decided to leave it alone.

I actually had a squirrel jump on and off my chest one night while I was sleeping in bed inside the house. Yet I never recall having any dreams where I was a squirrel gunning down hunters out in the forest.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
I have "dreams" where four Dolphins come and collect me and we all swim really fast for quite along time, til we come to an Island. At this point I am in Dolphin form. There's a sort of temple there, and I am often told and shown things by these beings, by this point, they are humanoid and so am I. I always return (swimming, in Dolphin form) on my own.

I hear a loud harsh buzz/bell, then I am shooting through the water with my dolphin "friends.

On one occassion, when I was summoned to the temple to recieve something, The person giving me this scroll thing, who seemed to be a very stern and important person, turned out to be a very old woman, but it was me! She didn't seem too happy with me cos I had refused to do something. That part was a bit scary.

I have kind of looked into it and it seems to be Astral/interdimensional travel. Strange, but fun!

These are not the type of dreams I would ever have expected to have. And since they often come hand in hand with precognitive dreams, I don't really put them in the same category as normal dreams.

No I don't think they are abductions by Grays... These beings are so loving, like close family of some kind.

Anyone else experience this type of thing?

My favorite marine Mammal!! awesome! I can't think of turning into a animal/mammal ever.. if I did I surely dont' remember it .. we all know that dreams can be deeply influenced by movies, music and video games.

However, when we haven't done any of those things, and we still dream wierdly, it's something to note IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
[reply to post by orionthehunter

The tornado creature dream seemed to be the first really vivid dream for me. Everything about that dream was so clear and intense. From a distance the tornado looked like a regular tornado. The debris cloud was brown with lines spiraling around. When it stopped to look down at us the spiraled debris cloud settled down to become long fur. That’s when I could make out the arms/legs/head.

The clarity of the tornado/bird dreams disturbed me more than the content. I guess what I’m saying is before these two dreams I was having what I think are typical reset type dreams often silly and frustrating without much clarity.

The Guy Fietti dream for example, imo, was simply a reset/rest dream. Although I could see it was him, I didn’t notice his manicure, hair, clothes or the detail of the room. You might say I remembered so much detail in the tornado/bird dreams due to the strange content. I didn’t know it was me sitting on that outcropping until I got closer. The tornado dream began with walking down a road and seeing a tornado off in the distance. Yet both dreams began with equal amounts of clarity from the get go. I don’t remember ever having the ability to see so far off in the distance in dreams before. Most dreams I don’t even notice if the sky is blue or not.

Maybe I’m just becoming a more advanced dreamer Idk. I’m attuned to my body and take note when things are “different.” I guess what I’m wondering is have you experienced a particular type of dream that stands out from the rest. For me it seems to revolve around transposing humans for others it might be something completely different. It’s more the quality/clarity of the dream I’m interested in. Why should one dream stand apart from the rest if they all in fact serve the same purpose?

I would very much like to hear about dreams of equal clarity, dreams that for you stand out because of the intense detail. Would you say there is a recurring theme within those types of dreams? The clarity alone might show you a connection you didn’t previously see.

I've got to go get some work done now thanks for all the input.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I would love to learn to lucid dream. Have thought about looking into it some...but never have.

I guess now is as good a time as any.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You already seem to have good dream recall from your detail of this experience. That's half the battle already. Flight is one of the most common things done by lucid dreamers whether beginner or advanced. It's sort of like the Morpheus and Neo conversation. "So what are you saying? I can turn into a Cormorant to fly?" No Morpheus would say, "I'm saying when you are ready, you won't have to."

But already in this thread you find many talking about how they felt like the animal. They don't just take the shape. The world will be seen differently, you will be the animal in your dream. You would feel what the cormorant feels, and that's what would really make the difference.

If you really want to get back to that place, and you are excited about it, passionate, it will be a great experience working towards it and be very worthwhile. If I were you I'd check out some dream threads on ATS (It is good to see the spiritual side of it and lots of varying perspectives/religious backgrounds on here), start a dream journal, and check out some other websites dedicated to lucid dreaming.

edit; sorry at first I thought you were also the OP, your cat dream is still indeed well-recalled so I'm not going to change the reply, it holds true

and again: it's rare to experience that double-perception in a dream and very mind opening. When you could feel the satisfaction of the cat and the pain of you. Certainly possible. I've seen and felt from differing perceptions only once in my dreams.
[edit on 2-6-2010 by Novise]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The most weirdest dream i had was like the devil burnt by back. I dont mean my ass
. My back , it was so painful when i saw what was in back it was full of strange art and creepy stuff like tattooed. But it was all done by a hot rod. I felt like the pain was for real. I woke up after sometime i guess fully drenched in sweat. It was very horrific.

edit: I had been various stuff of myself in dreams. one was like a hybrid werewolf or beast.something like that. Dream world is weird.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by chaosinorder]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've never seen Me in a dream, that i can remember. I'll try and find a mirror next time i (lucid) dream.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I guess I've experienced my first lucid dreams. This must be what sets them apart from all the others. I thought lucid dreaming meant the dreamer is aware they are dreaming and has control over the dream. I didn't know it was a dream.

I'm new at this maybe next time I will "wake up" in my dream. Not sure how I would handle that. The clarity of such dreams might make it hard to come back. These types of dreams almost seem more real than real life if that makes sense. I don't notice so much detail when I'm awake unless I'm really focusing on something. Strange experience indeed. I'm not sure why I would start doing this now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Your first definition of lucid dreams is correct. What you are having are very realistic and vivid dreams where you are not lucid. These non-lucid's are typically the most exhilirating, just like nightmares would be. I'm not saying a lucid CAN'T be exhilirating, but typically when lucid it should not be far off to assume you are in complete safety and none of this is real, leading to a less captivating/frightening experience. You know everything will be ok in the end and there is less at stake. Then I suppose it takes on a different sort of purpose, a more freedom based and playful approach to the situation, though you still play your part.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've been a crow, a lion, a beatle, a bee, a computer, and a helicopter in my dreams before. I'm usually a witch though.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

The tornado dream sounds like a nightmare. A dangerous creature was chasing me etc. but the dream wasn't focused on my fear. It was more about the detail. The same with the bird dream. I felt a little freaked out seeing myself sitting there in front of me not moving. Yet I took the time to look closely at the hair and the surroundings. When I saw me/she start to move and the beak came into view it was kind of scary at first. The transformation went so smoothly it seemed so natural not threatening at all.

Idk these two dreams were just too different. Does anyone remember their first lucid dream. Did it happen all at once or was it a slow process? Did you start getting clues within the dream that would then trigger your awareness or did you come into the dream completely cognizant?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks for your OP morningglory - and great response kaillassa.

...It is possible to 'bring back' your dream and take it further. Try to remember and recreate the feelings you had (physical and emotional), and guide yourself into it. Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

'___' elves sounds like the peyote man in the Carlos Castaneda books.

I haven't tried yoga or meditation I'm much too hyper. Walks seem to work best for me. I find the fact that we lay down into a coma-like state every night to dream fascinating. We spend a large part of our lives exploring dreamscapes of our own design. It seems there must be more to it than our brains just resetting and resting.

Amen to that. Sometimes I will sleep 12 or so hours, even though sometimes I really don't need it (if I have been up for awhile and been super productive I'll need my sleep but other days I hardly do much and i end up sleeping 12 hours -- but what happens when I wake up is what makes it unique)

I would wake up a lot after a long long sleep, feeling a sense of sadness as if I am leaving my friends behind and saying sorry that I have to go because my body needs me again and wants to wake up. -- I actually felt like I was working on the "other side" or what ever you will call it, for the entire night. Afterwards the beginning of my day is really fuzzy and takes me awhile to come back to "reality" -- it feels like I'm moving through gel for the first few hours. Taking a shower and drinking coffee helps it go away faster.

I have had plenty of dreams where I was on other planets. I knew it was not Earth and on these planets there were other non-human beings. Sometimes I would be in cities on these planets while other times I was flying through the landscapes such as mountains and canyons (I don't live anywhere near mountains/canyons I'm in CT).

I vividly remember Flying around this one planet. The city had immense structures that must have been as high if not higher than the empire state building, but on a much wider scale. I had a device I could just step on, it was very small, and it enabled me to fly around. I remember I was looking for someone on that planet but I don't believe I had found them. The other beings there paid no attention to me. The same way as when you are walking down the street and a lot of other people are passing you by, you don't pay that much attention to them.

The most recent vivid dream I had that woke me up -- was where I saw multiple UFO's in the dream. I saw 3 black triangles with the 4 lights underneath -- and then later on in the dream as the sun was coming up I saw at least 15-20 lights dancing around in the sky. I remember checking the time in my dream, and it was around 430-5am. After seeing the multiple lights in the sky I was so in awe that I woke up as sun was starting to come up. It was as if this all happened during the same time as in the waking life, except I was at my parents house in the dream, about 25 miles away.

I was debating on starting a thread about my dream but held off for a few weeks now.

Oh yeah but I can't say I never was something or someone else in my dreams. While on the other planets I might have seemed different to myself, as in I wasn't the same exact body as my physical one but similar.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra

feeling a sense of sadness as if I am leaving my friends behind and saying sorry that I have to go

That's how I feel in these Dolphin dreams. With me, it's that I am not ready to leave my children and other family friends behind just yet. But the feeling of saying no and turning away from these beings is heart wrenching and stays with me for days after.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join