It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Massachusetts racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
reply to post by K J Gunderson

So they fixed the Unconstitutional parts of SB1070 and now it is useless? You really need to show me how it is now usless.

Show me how it does ANYTHING.

It still addresses illegal aliens in Arizona,

How so? Specify.

it still addresses the transport of illegal aliens and drugs,

How so, specify.

it still addresses the employers of illegal aliens, it still addresses Entrapment, and it addresses illegal aliens on federal and state owned lands (which is becomming a real problem).

How so? How so? How so? Please SPECIFY.

edition.cnn.com...
If it was/is useless then why does the President of Mexico have such a problem with it? Our immigration laws are not half as stringent as Mexico's.

The same reason you support it I suppose. Ignorance.

But this thread was supposed to address the Massachusetts law comparing the reaction to it to the Arizona law, I haven't seen too much in the MSM about Mass. nor have I seen much on ATS about the Massachusetts law, which is why I started this thread in the first place.

Because you are completely missing the point. People were not upset with Arizona for trying to deal with illegal immigration it was HOW. None of you seem to get that. Any time anyone speaks out against the AZ bill, you all shout that we are for illegal immigrants. NOPE, just against stupid laws that were nothing but NAZI-esque racist BS that have been neutered in order to be nothing more than political posturing with no real accomplishments coming from it.

It is a bunch of words on paper to get a bunch of people that already hate Obama, the Federal Government, brown people, or any combo to get excited and it has worked. The moment I read the original copy I said - this is propaganda to get rednecks excited and do nothing.

Y'all seem pretty excited but I am not seeing that line of illegals being marched out of AZ just yet.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

What is "reasonable suspicion"?

Going after the employers is very good though. Cut off the jobs, you just may cut off the flow of illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

What is "reasonable suspicion"?

Going after the employers is very good though. Cut off the jobs, you just may cut off the flow of illegal immigration.

Can a police officer question me for no reason?
A police officer, just like any other ordinary citizen, has the right to approach you and ask questions and at least ask to search you or your possessions. However, you do not have to answer questions or comply with a search. A police officer, nevertheless, has no duty to inform you that you have the right to refuse to answer questions or comply with a search. Consent is key here - if you don’t consent, the police officer has no right to search or ask questions. However: If a police officer questions you without reasonable suspicion or probable cause, don’t get too excited: You don’t have any right to sue the officer for damages. Again, the police officer - just like anybody else - has the right to walk up to you and ask questions. But - just like with anybody else - you have the right to walk away.

www.quizlaw.com...

What is reasonable suspicion?
To conduct a Terry search, or a stop and frisk, police need reasonable suspicion that the person is suspected of imminent illegal behavior or past criminal activity. Reasonable suspicion is based on the totality of the circumstances as understood by those versed in the field of law enforcement; it is commonly described as something more than a hunch but less than probable cause. And what does totality of circumstances mean? It refers to an assessment based on all the circumstances, which includes objective observations, information from police reports, and consideration of the modes of patterns of operation of certain kinds of lawbreakers.

www.quizlaw.com...

What is probable cause?
Probable cause basically boils down to a “reasonable belief” that a crime has been committed or that evidence of a crime exists at the place being searched or that a suspect has committed a crime. Because a “reasonable belief” is a relatively fluid concept, probable cause determinations are based, in part, on a magistrate’s common sense as applied to the totality of the circumstances. In other words, given all the circumstances set forth in the affidavit for a warrant, including the truthfulness, credibility, and basis of knowledge of the persons supplying information, the test is whether there is a fair probability that contraband or evidence of a crime will be found in a particular place or that a suspect committed a crime.

Reasonable
rea·son·able
Function: adjective
Date: 14th century
1 a : being in accordance with reason b : not extreme or excessive c : moderate, fair d : inexpensive
2 a : having the faculty of reason b : possessing sound judgment

www.merriam-webster.com...

I hope this answers your question.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
stay strong arizona, the rest of the country is slowly building up steam and supporting you! good job mass!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It was in Mass where I used to work. I worked with many illegals. I saw American citizens being turned away from jobs in favor of illegals. They tell you how they screw the system. Many have no intention of becoming citizens. It's sickening. Neighboring states are also dealing with thousands of illegals and none of us are anywhere near the border!!!

First it was dial one for english, two for spanish, then the signs everywhere in spanish, now you can't even get a factory job as many require that you speak spanish. This is America!!! I don't see any other cultures being catered to with their language. They learned english.

The illegals are costing us a fortune. Our people are jobless and off of their benefits. American citizens are sick to death of being shoved aside and their voices not heard. I'll be damned if I'll accept an illegal getting free healthcare while people in their 80's are denied help because they make 3.00 over the poverty limit.

We are sick to death of watching our neighborhoods get filled with grafitti and crime. We are sick to death of our children getting raped, of drunken drivers who have been arrested numerous times and killed people because once again they are loose to do as they please. This has got to stop!

News flash: America is broke! States have had it and will do what they can to stop this insanity because our government has failed us. Are we racist for wanting our laws enforced? NO WE ARE NOT!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Service Employees International Union, CTW, CLC (SEIU)
I just found out this Union is sponsoring e-mails to Gov. Jan Brewers office and to employers here in Arizona.
They are sponsoring comprehensive immigration reform, in other words, Amnesty.
What can we do, People?
They have a, Pledge to Boycott Arizona page. "It started in Arizona and it needs to stop in Arizona. That is their statement.

But despite growing outcry against SB 1070, Republican lawmakers in states across the country are embracing anti-immigrant copycat legislation similar to Arizona's SB1070.

America wants serious solutions to our immigration problems—not frivolous policies, like Arizona's SB 1070 that undermine public safety, waste millions of taxpayer funds, and imperil our most basic civil rights.

That is why, as we stand against intolerance in Arizona, SEIU is simultaneously stepping on the gas to make sure that Congress and the White House respond to the vast majority of Americans who want a serious, comprehensive immigration solution now." End Quote.

Let me try and understand this, a UNION known as SEIU is advocating the hiring of Illegals? Have I miss understood this web site in this day and age and the problems American Families are facing.
Service Employees International Union
Change to Win Federation USA | Canadian Labour Congress
1800 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20036

Not just Massachusetts my friends, It would appear any state not in line with the SEIU is racist. So, Massachusetts, get in line.

MODS: Please for give me if I am to far off topic, if you wish to delete this post, I understand.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by guohua]

[edit on 7-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Update: Figured i'd share.

The Joint House and Senate Conference Committee is still in the process of finalizing the new state budget. We still don't know if the Illegal Immigration reform amendment is even going to be included, though it passed 28-10 in the senate.

The Conference Committee is made up of three members from the House and three from the Senate; Four democrats and two republicans.

We will likely find out if the amendment is included in the budget by Friday. This is just one of many more hurdles it has to cross to become law.

Be sure that many of us in Massachusetts are discussing this, are in favor of this, and are constantly calling and emailing the conference committee members. Keep ya posted but don't hold your breath.

Next hurdle: governor Deval Patrick line-item-veto. He's up for re-election in a tight race, so forcing him to make a decision on this will be interesting to say the least. Politicians make unexpected decisions when they know they are going to be held accountable by the voters in the very near future.

We'll see.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

METACOMET, Thanks For The Update.
We know you good citizens of Massachusetts will do the right thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

METACOMET, Thank you for the update.
Keep up the pressure and it will pass.
Please keep us posted when you know something.
Thank you

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Right on guohua. It's easy enough for the obama administration to demonize states like Arizona. However, what will be their reaction when the so called "crown jewe"l in the liberal crown follows suit? What will they do then?

their main export is hyperventilating liberals and murderous senators

lol c'mon. I know the media portrays the commonwealth as a pit of naked, partying kennedys and marxist harvard grads, but that is far, far from the truth. Don't count us out

[edit on 22-6-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

METACOMET, just like RedmoonMWC has stated, keep up the presure, e-mails, phone calls any thing so they know, this is what the citizens of Massachusetts wants.
Hell, let Obamas threaten you all there with a law suit, buy then ours here will be in court. I'm sure we'll win this, they are sueing us, they have the burden of proof that this law is Racist. It's Not.

We know you and other like you will. Please continue to keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The amendment didn't make the budget.
LINK

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
The amendment didn't make the budget.
LINK

Thanks again for keeping us updated.

Lawmakers decided not to impose some of the stricter immigration measures that passed the state Senate with great fanfare last month, including the establishment of a 24-hour hotline to report companies that hire illegal immigrants and a requirement that the attorney general begin discussions with federal officials to offer help in enforcing immigration laws. Instead, lawmakers said, they decided to enshrine current practices that bar illegal immigrants from receiving state services into law.

www.boston.com...

Seems like they don't want to rock the boat where the businesses are concerned, are they mostly buisiness owners?

what exactly are these current practices to be enshrined into Law?

This comes down to no change in the immigration laws?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
Seems like they don't want to rock the boat where the businesses are concerned, are they mostly buisiness owners?

No, they are marxist, Harvard educated lawyers. Sound familiar?

The complete truth of this is pretty sad but this is why it didn't make the budget.

Democrats stole a victory from hardworking taxpayers and instead rewarded illegal immigrants, their future (and in many cases, current) voting block. (you don't have to show any proof of who you are or where you live to vote in Mass.)

Illegal immigrants are a voting block for democrats. They are dependent on politicians taking money from working tax payers and giving them free social services. They then become dependent on those services and will always vote for the party that scratches their back. When bi-partisan amnesty is eventually passed, they add a few million voters to their side. Pretty good deal from their perspective.

what exactly are these current practices to be enshrined into Law?

This is just "politician speak." Man, they are good at it, too.

Basically we codified existing regulations, practices and policies of the commonwealth,' said Panagiotakos, D-Lowell. There are a lot of checks in the system and we wanted to make sure those checks stayed in the system.'

To translate: We didn't pass the illegal immigration amendment but we didn't eliminate any of the existing statutes that help curb illegal immigration, either. So be happy!

This is complete BS. Our attorney General herself has said that "It is not illegal to be illegal in Massachusetts." There are no statutes that curb illegal immigration in mass, quite the opposite.

This comes down to no change in the immigration laws?

Well, they cut a healthcare program for needy LEGAL resident immigrants.

This really makes me sick because this isn't about opportunity, or the american dream or fairness or any of that. This is about enslaving immigrants and making them dependent on a certain political party. Using government programs and welfare and hand-outs, democrats will guarantee a built in, dependent class of voters whom they can always depend on, millions strong.

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts senate: 35 Democrats - 5 Republicans
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts house: 144 Democrats- 16 Republicans

[edit on 24-6-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wow...you people just don't get it.

I read the article...I actually support everything MA is doing with this bill.

The problem is that some of you will never see the HUGE difference between what the AZ law is doing and what this type of law is doing.

Let's look at what they are doing:

would bar the state from doing business with any company found to break federal laws barring illegal immigrant hiring.

It would also toughen penalties for creating or using fake identification documents

explicitly deny in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants.

I have no problem with that...IMO...if they are here I would rather have them get a proper education....but I don't oppose this.

The amendment would also require the state’s public health insurance program to verify residency through the Department of Homeland Security

would require the state to give legal residents priority for subsidized housing

Seems logical.

Now to paraphrase the Arizona law:

"Oh you have brown skin, Show me your papers! Oh, you don't carry your birth certificate with you everywhere you go...ok...we will detain you."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Can you please elaborate on what you think we don't "get"?

It wasn't a Bill, it was an amendment to the budget and it passed in the senate 28-10. That wasn't enough. The amendment then had to be added to the budget by a conference committee. They didn't include the amendment to the budget.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Believing that the brown color of your skin exempts you from immigration laws.---RACIST

Enforcing immigration laws.--NOT RACIST

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Every time I am stopped by a policeman, I have to show my papers. Drivers license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. And I am white.
Showing your papers is no big deal. Millions of law abiding citizens do it every year. I am sorry to hear that you believe that ILLEGAL ALIENS should be exempt from the laws that the rest of us follow every day of our lives.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Every time I am stopped by a policeman, I have to show my papers. Drivers license, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. And I am white

Yeah...see you just don't see the point some of us are making...and you never will.

I could try to explain how your example is different than the AZ law...but if you haven't understood that yet...I don't think you ever will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join