It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Massachusetts racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

the Massachusetts Senate passed a far-reaching crackdown this afternoon on illegal immigrants and those who would hire them, going further, senators said, than any immigration bill proposed over the past five years. ...

www.conservativeoutpost.com...
More here
hotair.com...

So now all the media attention that has been going to Arizona will turn to Mass.
I wonder if the Mexican President, or even ours will have anything to say about this.

More power to Mass. Any other states got the cojones to join this movement?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Is Massachusetts racist?

We are all MADE to be racist even though we choose not to be. It doesnt matter where you look. Racism is a government manufactured means of control.
Really, do you give a crap what colour someones skin is?
Coz i dont.
Do you give a crap what their religious stance is?
Coz i dont.

The question is this. DO YOU?

In fact heres some more ways the govs globally manipulate the masses.
Currency
Oil
Food
Religion
Skin Colour
Its endless but yet we still continue to walk blind

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Here's some more info for you

www.boston.com...

The measure, which passed on a 28-10 vote as an amendment to the budget, would bar the state from doing business with any company found to break federal laws barring illegal immigrant hiring. It would also toughen penalties for creating or using fake identification documents, and explicitly deny in-state college tuition for illegal immigrants.

Explicitly deny in-state tuition for illegal immigrants, I really like this one, see this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is Great, I'm proud of your state of Massachusetts .
I have a question though,,, Well Boston now Boycott Boston?
Don't get upset, just asking.

How about California, will they boycott you all there like they did us here in Phoenix, Arizona.

My friend just called me from Massachusetts and said i quote, "Kind of hard to boycott Mass when their main export is hyperventilating liberals and murderous senators."
I don't believe this would ever had pass if your Ted Kennedy was still around, instead of being a tortured soul right now.

But then again, this is just my 2 cents and my friend who lives out there.
Sorry (kinda) if I upset any Massachusetts Liberals.

S & F

[edit on 1-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
This is Great, I'm proud of your state of Massachusetts .
I have a question though,,, Well Boston now Boycott Boston?
Don't get upset, just asking.

My friend just called me from Massachusetts and said i quote, "Kind of hard to boycott Mass when their main export is hyperventilating liberals and murderous senators."

S & F

I had to laugh out loud at that "will Boston Boycott Boston?" we'll see
and the rest had me rolling on the floor.
I am interested in seeing what the MSM will say about this.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I fully expected Texas and New Mexico to follow Arizon before any others, but I notice New Mexico isn't even on the list.
Massachusetts? Ofcourse it still has to pass the house and be signed by the governor.

The current list of states following Arizona's lead on immigration enforcement include ARKANSAS, IDAHO, INDIANA, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, NORTH CAROLINA, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, NORTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, UTAH.

www.alipac.us...

www.alipac.us...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think the only thing that made MA liberal was the Kennedy lockdown on MA politics. With TK gone, his son Patrick has decided not to run for re-election in RI. More evidence of a shift. I think perhaps they may lean to the center now if not center right.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have tried and tried to put down something here... I just keep deleting it. So in short. Day late and a dollar short. I live dead nuts center in this once great state. I have seen far to many nice neighborhoods go to sh1t due to the parasite known as the illegal. This morning i was at home depot, to none my surprise there was the usual 20 odd Haitian, Cuban, Bahamian islander of some sort standing at the end of the parking lot getting picked up by all the local contractors for 50 dollars for a days work. Worst yet there's a STATE office in this city that hires out people for 50 dollars days wage, the kicker is they just ask you for your name. No ID nothing. So for them all of the sudden to put this budget amendment out there is crap. It's just another way of trying to keep an inept retahd named Deval as Governor, which to the best of my understanding is straight of Camp Obama. Furthermore this state is so broke due to universal healthcare and a manipulated welfare system that they cant possibly follow thru. Hell Didnt Obama have an aunt or something living in Mass illegally. Good thing she became naturalized. Thats all i got... In closing this is BS. Nothing will change.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Seems like even in an ultra-liberal state such as MA, the public opinion is so overwhelmingly against illegal aliens, that measures like this will float right on through the legislature.

I hope that every state in the Union passes such legislation, just to make the feds look even more stupid than they already do.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
yes. a whole state is racist. and as far as anomalies go its right behind the Big Bang

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I live in massachusetts and we have more than likely one of the worst illegal problems in our country. the boston herald a couple weeks ago said its not illegal to be illegal in massachusetts in an article. i was sickened. and as for raCIST, are you f***ing ok? really. i will b the one to say it, it IS LATINOS who are leaching off the system more than any other peoples this is a FACT 100% down to the bone id put it in blood oath, but you would be a moron not to realise why. if we shared a border with sweeden and they had the same problems as mexico, or wherever they would be doing the same thing, STOP playing the racist game... it makes you look like a complete fool. but yes we do need to fix our entire system. its not fare to me that i have to pay taxes while someone i grew up with gets payed under the table and gets welfare and foodstamps at the same time, im sure if i tried to get them id be turned away, not to say i would anyway. i hope this answeres your questions, we have cities in boston that DO NOT ENFORCE their laws so larger portions of illegals end up there than in other cities, this is from friends in the police dept. who i also grew up with so the info is legit wether you like it or not. and im sure this does not only happen in mass either, so no we
are not racist, hey wait a minute arent we all in THE HUMAN RACE...please.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

Just in case I haven't made myself clear on this issue, I fully support Arizona and Mass. for doing/attempting this. I do not care if they are White, Black, Red, Yellow, Brown or Plaid if they came to the U.S. Illegally they need to be sent back.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
wasnt pointed directly at the op, just that everywhere you hear that this is racist, evin on this website. we should try to protect the integrity of our country and true american citizens who love this country and deserve make a better life HERE not back home after 10 years working here, we are pretty much a joke to the rest of the world now because of the way we act twords each other. arent we supposed to be denying ignorance not srpeading it?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
reply to post by pryed -eyed-one

Just in case I haven't made myself clear on this issue, I fully support Arizona and Mass. for doing/attempting this. I do not care if they are White, Black, Red, Yellow, Brown or Plaid if they came to the U.S. Illegally they need to be sent back.

Your so Very Correct, It does not matter what color they are or what country they came from, Your Not Here Legally, You and Your Anchor Baby Goes BACK.
Here is a book for all of you out there

I have to admit, I was surprised to hear you have that bad of an illegal problem there.

RedmoonMWC, the MSM well say some thing like, Those Racist peoples of Massachusetts have the Kennedy's Rolling Over in their graves from shame ( actually, I don't believe most of the Kennedy's are having a good after life) of the treatment of the poor immigrant,,,,,BREAKING NEWS FLASH!!!!!
The Gores, Al and Tripper are calling it Quits after 40 years of married bless!!

My friend that's as long as it'll be in their collective memories. You know as well as me,,, They are not the Brightest Bulbs in the Bunch.

S & F for ya.
I hope I stayed on topic.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I will try to dumb it down...

Enforcing local and federal laws prohibiting the hiring of Illegal Immigrants, requiring that businesses not profit from illegal labor...Not Racist

Requiring police officers to demand proof of citizenship from anyone that "appears' as if they might be from Mexico....Racist.

I know you have to stop thinking so much to appreciate the dumb chuckle/false irony...but trust me, thinking helps in this life.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Enforcing local and federal laws prohibiting the hiring of Illegal Immigrants, requiring that businesses not profit from illegal labor...Not Racist

Requiring police officers to demand proof of citizenship from anyone that "appears' as if they might be from Mexico....Racist.

I know you have to stop thinking so much to appreciate the dumb chuckle/false irony...but trust me, thinking helps in this life.

Here we go again with the RACIST CRAP!
No where does any of the laws "Requiring police officers to demand proof of citizenship from anyone that "appears' as if they might be from Mexico". End Quote.

Their are many more illegals out there than only people from Mexico. You know that as well as we do. If your stopped for a normal traffic violation and you can't understand the LEO. I think it would behove him to look a little more into your legal standing in our Country, DON'T YOU?

I mean No Licence, No Insurance, No Registration. But in your state, that might be OK.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Also, generally not being done, except in Arizona at the moment.

No law Requires LEOs to demand proof of citizenship from anyone that "appears' as if they might be from Mexico, The law states that If you're stopped for a normal traffic violation or any other reason, only then if the situation warrants (reasonable suspicion), may the LEO ask to see proof that you are in the country Legally. No mention of any specific country of origin, because as you know we have Illegal Aliens comming in from all over the world, I personally know of 1 from England (who is now back in England).

True, thinking helps in this life, so does a little common sense, Both seem to be in short supply at the moment.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
To both preceding respondents..

You are correct with the specifics of the AZ law.

It was modified a few times before passage and in the end it was left at "Reasonable Suspicion"...the little brother of "Probable Cause".

I contend that the undefined, ambiguous and weak threshold of "Reasonable suspicion" was left undefined intentionally and that combined with an actual requirement that the officer act on it or face penalty is nothing more than an invitation to single out individuals based ethnic appearance and that this will undoubtedly lead to treating Hispanic Americans differently than other ethnicities during AZ police interactions.

It is in my strong opinion a racist law, if not in specific wording then in intent and practice.

Yes we have many challenges in this country and Illegal Immigration needs to be aggressively addressed and confronted, but never at the expense of the principles we were founded on.

If AZ would like to silence criticisms that they feel are unfounded then they can issue a policy statement/guideline for police officers and explain what constitutes “Reasonable Suspicion”..

After the border is crossed, being an illegal immigrant is a “state of being” rather than action…it is not like other applications of “reasonable suspicion” where activities are easily observed that are “suspicious”..scrambling to hide something under a seat during a stop, the smell of alcohol on a drivers breath…We are asking officers to near guess based on appearance.

This is where you say…What about unregistered plates, no DL, no Insurance etc…Yes, good reasons. Then simply issues a policy guideline requiring police to check citizenship for EVERYONE that fails to provide those things legitimately. No need for a politicaly charged law or "reasonable suspicion". Just a simple enforcement policy.

But as it stands a new loudly proclaimed law with the intentionally vague and undefined “reasonable suspicion” ...it is painfully apparent that they have endorsed race based profiling and it offends me because any compromise of American principles should not be tolerated by any of us, regardless of the challenges we face.

"He who fights monsters should look into that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche

[edit on 2-6-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thank you.

It was modified a few times before passage and in the end it was left at "Reasonable Suspicion"...the little brother of "Probable Cause".

I contend that the undefined, ambiguous and weak threshold of "Reasonable suspicion" was left undefined intentionally and that combined with an actual requirement that the officer act on it or face penalty is nothing more than an invitation to single out individuals based ethnic appearance and that this will undoubtedly lead to treating Hispanic Americans differently than other ethnicities during AZ police interactions.

I disagree, although there are some who will act in this way the majority will do their job in as fair a way as they can, most people are reasonable, LEOs included.

It is in my strong opinion a racist law, if not in specific wording then in intent and practice.

It is a Fedral Law, all the AZ law does is require the LEOs in AZ to enforce it.

Yes we have many challenges in this country and Illegal Immigration needs to be aggressively addressed and confronted, but never at the expense of the principles we were founded on.

If AZ would like to silence criticisms that they feel are unfounded then they can issue a policy statement/guideline for police officers and explain what constitutes “Reasonable Suspicion”..

This is addressed during training.

After the border is crossed, being an illegal immigrant is a “state of being” rather than action…

After the border is crossed Illegally, being an illegal Alien is a “state of being”? True to a point, this state of being also leads to other illegal actions, such as the mentioned unregistered plates, no DL, no Insurance lets not forget identy theft and the Fact that a large proportion are functionally illiterate - meaning they can do phisical labor but can barely if at all read or speak the prevailing language - (Dial 1 for English?)
No this does not apply to all illegal Aliens but it does to the majority.

it is not like other applications of “reasonable suspicion” where activities are easily observed that are “suspicious”..scrambling to hide something under a seat during a stop, the smell of alcohol on a drivers breath…We are asking officers to near guess based on appearance.

Reasonable suspicion is Not based on appearance but rather on the inability to produce some type of identification, all drivers are required to have their Drivers License on them while driving, if the License information does not match the vehicle registration there is “reasonable suspicion” that the vehicle is not owned by the driver so some type of explanation is in order, additionally if the Driver cannot or will not speak English and the LEO cannot understand the language the driver is speaking, then the driver and all passengers should be detained until a translator can be located at minimum, whether the interpreter is in the back seat or needs to be brought in by another LEO.

Este es los Estados Unidos, decir inglés, por favor.
C'est les États-Unis, parler l'anglais, s'il vous plaît.

This is where you say…What about unregistered plates, no DL, no Insurance etc…Yes, good reasons. Then simply issues a policy guideline requiring police to check citizenship for EVERYONE that fails to provide those things legitimately. No need for a politicaly charged law or "reasonable suspicion". Just a simple enforcement policy.

So what I understand from this is that you would like the next LEO that stops you, for whatever reason, to issue a ticket rather than give you a warning and let you go on your way, we do need to allow the LEOs to make judgement calls based on the situation.

But as it stands a new loudly proclaimed law with the intentionally vague and undefined “reasonable suspicion” ...it is painfully apparent that they have endorsed race based profiling and it offends me because any compromise of American principles should not be tolerated by any of us, regardless of the challenges we face.

I see no race based profiling, the law applies to all Illegal Aliens and is not specific, the problem as I see it is that the largest problem we currently have with illegal aliens is from south of the border. That will change over time as it has in the past, but the law will still apply to all Illegal Aliens.

Many of our laws are intentionally vague and undefined specifically to allow the LEOs to do their jobs safely, fairly and efficiently, admittedly some abuse the power, most do not.

"He who fights monsters should look into that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Thank you.

I disagree, although there are some who will act in this way the majority will do their job in as fair a way as they can, most people are reasonable, LEOs included.

I agree that the majority of LEOs will take pains to apply the law in a fair and balanced fashion, but for those who don't...the law has left them ample room to do so without consequence...

and it goes further actually demanding that officers act on an undefined "reasonable suspicion" or face penalty, thus motivating them to apply the loosest version of the standard they can concieve of in order to be compliant with the law.

I believe this law was politically motivated by politicians looking for votes and to appear as if they were doing something about the problem.

The AZ police could have come up with a strategy to consistently enforce the laws on the books (no DL, No Insurance etc.) without any call for "reasonable suspicion", that would not have been corrosive to our principles....but the AZ pols wanted the credit and have created a law that leaves room for justified challenge.

Example of what the AZ Police could have done instead: Anytime ANYONE fails to provide a legitimate DL or Proof of Insurance...validate their citizenship via radio or on-board computer.

Why didn't they do this? No danger of a discrimantory law..no need for "reasonable suspicion"?

The law as it is is not good for American Citizens or Illegal Aliens...as well as the AZ LEOs. There will be expensive court cases, it will cost AZ money and the law will eventually be modified or repealed...all the while losing business from protest folks, just a prediction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join