It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Comes to Canada Looking For "Validation"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Israel Comes to Canada Looking For "Validation"

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Last month it was the release of a joint Canada-Israel postage stamp; this weekend it is the visit to Canada of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that is putting a stamp of approval on the relationship between the two countries.

Not since 1994, when the late Yitzhak Rabin visited Jean Chrétien (for the second time in less than a year), has an Israeli prime minister travelled to Canada.

“This visit is long overdue,” said Mr. Netanyahu’s spokesman, Mark Regev. “The Prime Minister is glad to have the opportunity to reaffirm our countries’ strong relationship.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla
'Freedom Flotilla' aid convoy sets off for Gaza

Mod edit. Fixed BB code

[edit on 1-6-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This seems pertinent to me, given the circumstances from yesterday. As I understand it, Netanyahu is trying to rally some sort of support from Canada just before things are going down with the flotilla. This simply cannot be a coincidence.

It's really starting to seem as if an Israeli attack on Iran is inevitable, and that it's going to happen soon. I'm not sure if the fan can be turned off this time before it gets hit.

Another thought: Rahm Emmanuel being in Israel while this incident is going down is interesting, and I'm not hearing much chatter about it. Coincidence or not? Your thoughts?

[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/africa-mideast/israel-comes-to-canada-looking-for-validation/article1583869/]www.theglobeandmail.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well I live in Canada's capital and I saw a very interesting protest yesterday.
There were a bunch of Jewish people...the ones with the beards and black clothing.They were waving signs on how dissappointed they were with Isreal.There were Palastinians there beside them.
They were protesting with Iranians who were waving the Iranian flag.

Governments can have their official positions all they want...the people can see with their own eyes and don't want any more of this crap.

Imagine that...Jews,Iranians,and Palastinians all protesting whats going on over there and doing it peacefully together.
Screw what the official government position is...listen to the people.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm not really sure that Israel planned to be in Canada and conduct a raid at the same time. I'm sure the trip was planned much before the raid was.

I must say though, that I am very angry that my country has such a close relationship with a corrupt, schizophrenically paranoid, and disrespectful regime. I don't understand how a country like Canada can love a country that constantly and intentionally breaks international law, does what it wants when it wants, and cries every time someone else does the same...

Shame on you Canada, and shame on us Canadians for not doing anything about it.

Magnum

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Well I live in Canada's capital and I saw a very interesting protest yesterday.
There were a bunch of Jewish people...the ones with the beards and black clothing.They were waving signs on how dissappointed they were with Isreal.There were Palastinians there beside them.
They were protesting with Iranians who were waving the Iranian flag.

Governments can have their official positions all they want...the people can see with their own eyes and don't want any more of this crap.

Imagine that...Jews,Iranians,and Palastinians all protesting whats going on over there and doing it peacefully together.
Screw what the official government position is...listen to the people.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by DrumsRfun]

I couldn't agree more. I remember having that sort of an epiphany during the Iranian election protests. I saw these people, and you know what stood out? They were just like us. They seemed like the Iranian version of the Tea Party movement. All of these corrupt governments have successfully conditioned most of us to mistake a nation's government for its people. If the governments would back off quite a bit, I think the majority of the people from most nations would get along just fine.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Atomic Honey

Israel is running round the world and will not get any friends.

Israel is a killer and evil, and they are finished.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Just in case you didn't know, Arabs and Jews lived relatively peacefully up until the creation of Israel. They conducted business and lived in very close proximity sharing the land with one another.

The orthodox Jews who protest Israel are doing so because they believe that the country was to be given to them by "god", not by people. They do not accept the existence of Israel for that reason.

Magnum

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Not sure if you read the whole article, but I also thought this was interesting:

"Within days of the Conservative Prime Minister’s own victory in January of 2006, Hamas, considered a terrorist group by Canada, won a majority of seats in the Palestinian legislature. Almost immediately, Mr. Harper announced that Ottawa would have no further dealings with the Palestinian Authority. Canada was the first country to take this action."

Not only had I not known this, I would never have guessed it. On the whole, do you think Canadians are informed of this sort of thing? Almost nothing at all of Canadian politics is reported mainstream in the U.S. The irony of it is that I often have to fall back on either British or Canadian news sites to get valid info on things going on in my own country.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

These guys are bad, Canada is good.

You have no problem - your government is good.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I'm not really sure that Israel planned to be in Canada and conduct a raid at the same time. I'm sure the trip was planned much before the raid was.

But don't you think the timing was a little odd? I know that Israel knew at least a week to ten days ahead of time that this was going to be an issue. I'm not sure how far in advance leaders plan these kinds of visits.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Israel is running round the world and will not get any friends.

Israel is a killer and evil, and they are finished.

Finished...LOL
Just wait and see.. any country that comes against Israel is finished
They have a weapon that the US only dreamed of.
Watch how this plays out and get back to ATS in a year...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Just in case you didn't know, Arabs and Jews lived relatively peacefully up until the creation of Israel. They conducted business and lived in very close proximity sharing the land with one another.

The orthodox Jews who protest Israel are doing so because they believe that the country was to be given to them by "god", not by people. They do not accept the existence of Israel for that reason.

Magnum

A very good point you make.
Add to that it was the influx of European Ashkenazi Jews that started the terrorism against the Arab / Christian population of Palestine. The native Sephardic Jews became the underclass to these immigrants, helped along by the deliberate irradiation of Sephardic children en masse by the newly created Israeli government after the state was formed. All this is well documented but it's not the line they teach in schools anywhere. That would be deemed "anti-semitic" to show the Ashkenazi masters in anything but a favourable light.
Even the ethiopian "lost tribe" that were resettled amid great fanfare a few years ago are an underclass, shunned by the mainly white settlers. Racism, bigotry are rife in the "only democracy in the Middel East".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Okay, so Israel is the proud possessor of the weapon to kill the world.

OK, let them do it.

They already killed Jesus, so now they are killing the world.

Good luck to them in the next life.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

These guys are bad, Canada is good.

You have no problem - your government is good.

No, we have considerable corruption here- it's under the surface and under reported.

It goes all the way to the premier of BC, Gordon Campbell, for example regarding sales of public works to private companies.

We do have problems lol, and Canada, especially the Liberals and Conservatives, and probably even the 'New Democrats' are going to be grovelling at the foot of Israel's leader. Our spineless leaders are going to be wearing kneepads.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

OK, all governments are corrupt.

But what is Israel?

TOTAL CRAP.

Do we want some idiots to end the world? NO, we don't, but I am sick and tired of idiots who think they have power.

AND HOW DARE THEY ATTACK PEOPLE WHO ARE PROTECTING THE WORLD?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows
Agreed, Israel is just terrible, their policies, their racism and how they manage resources, and to top it off they are claiming they will destroy the world if the world attacks them or if Israel ceases to exist, even if that is just in name.

I wonder how they'll go about it. I know they have more than 200 nukes and even that is enough to kill at least 3 billion people IMO, both immediately and in the weeks and months after. I wonder if they have some sort of superweapon that we the public don't know about.

I'm not just picking on Israel, I know Saudi Arabia is just as bad, but for an nation founded on the holocaust... What the hell are they doing being the Nazis?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is just lobbying at its finest.

Nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

OK, we have an insane country who hates everyone.

We have an insane country who has nuclear weapons.

We have a huge problem, and we have some idiot who is telling me I am mad.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Michael Neumann has written an interesting piece on Canada's slavish support for Israel.

(1) that with the partial exceptions of Pierre Trudeau and Jean Chretien, Canadian leaders have supported Israel to the point of abasement,

(2) that Christian Zionism, in both its original and its evangelical form, should take their place among the explanations for this - the more usual obvious and still quite correct one being Canada's aping of first British and then American foreign policy -

(3) that Canada's devotion to Israel is so intense that its pro-Israel lobbies are pushing at an open door.

www.counterpunch.com...

I in particular agree with point 2. Christian Zionists such as Lloyd George (British PM at the time of the Balfour Declaration) were the sole reason Zionists such as Chaim Weizmann and Ben-Guerion had any chance of realising their goals of a Jewish state in Palestine.

Of course it wasn't just their religion that played a role in their support of the Zionists as the strategic interests of the British Empire were always pararmount. However it was an important factor.

Of course everyone is aware of the Christian Zionist's influence in America's political circles. They seem to have a lot to answer for in Canada as well.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Canada is with Israel?

Is this true?

Canada, you should stick with the States.

This is bad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join