It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NGOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

If you want to watch NGO's in action, watch the mess created by the BP Guld oil spill. This thread will get you to where we are at www.abovetopsecret.com... and a little research or some simple questions will give you the full scope.. It is so much bigger than anyone wants to believe.

The power of perception [thank goodness for the freedom of religion] has not been patented yet! Beliefs can be manipulated and that is the power behind NGO's.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
you are definitely correct, peggy.

One of the most troublesome aspects of the NGOs is that the agencies utilizing NGOs have gotten so good at hiding the very existence of their NGOs. It makes accountability virtually impossible, without going back through the history of how those particular agencies developed their NGOs. That is really one of the biggest points I wanted to make with this thread.

However, it is also important to learn to see patterns. Real conspiracies follow real patterns. When any evidence of any pattern is completely lacking, there's probably not much fire behind that smoke. When a pattern is clearly evident, there will be some sort of a significant fire behind that smoke.

look at the mainstream UFOs, for instance. First, there was Project SIGN, then Project BLUE BOOK. That much effort at disinformation virtually GUARANTEES there is fire behind that smoke!

Thanks for the help, peggy, and let's keep this process going!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This may be a relative non-issue, but it appears to be a sticky problem in some cases.

I have made statements, suggestions, and at times accusations involving governmental operations. There are times I can provide details and proof, and times I cannot. At the same time, because of highly specific circumstances, it is not wise for me to fully explain who I am or greater details about what I actually did for NASA and the military. In the, hopefully, not too distant future, i should be in a position to authenticate my former military positions, including even copies of non-classified orders involving my previous duties. Still, that time is a ways off. When the time seems appropriate, I will definitely be able to provide more details about these events.

In the menatime, is it detrimental, in the opinion of the majority, to make statements that are sometimes unable to be confirmed, even though later they should be. Or, I could simply avoid these problems by not posting anything of significance except my personal opinions on general topics.

For the moment, there is a fine line between being helpful and being disruptive, and I do not wish to be the latter.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I will simply take a sabbatical until such a time I can more effectively provide identification.

Sincerely,

Truth1000

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you again on this and other topics.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is really important I feel,

The military industrial complex clearly using these ways to circumvent all oversight and enhance deniability for themselves, and also circumventing many other things like the constitution, Geneva convention, etc... the list is pretty long, as other posters have pointed out...
This is almost the same as the SS of nazi Germany since they do whatever it takes to get the job done without regard for any ethics or morals... and here it is being done in the name of decency and national security interests.. I could be wrong, but it really appears this way to me... going to definitely be studying it more and keeping my eyes and mind open to any new developments...

sf

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There are three major types of institutions in the world.

1. Government Institutions.
2. Corporate Institutions.
3. Non-Governmental Organizations.

In simplistic terms, the so-called Left/Right split in politics is organized around the first two. Big Government is supposed to be the nemisis of the Right, while the Big Corporation is supposed to be the nemisis of the Left.

But no one pays attention to the third category--the NGO. Why? Supposedly because these are non-profit, tax-exempt institutions which invariably bill themselves as in the public's best interest. But are they really?

The NGOs include such famous institutions as the Ford Foundation, the Carnegie Foundation, the Rockerfeller Foundation, the Bill and Linda Gates Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, etc.

Do you have any idea how much wealth these foundations control? Most likely not. Hardly anyone pays attention to these behemoths. Currently, the NGOs in the US alone control over 12 Trillion in assets! What does that mean? It means they have enormous POWER.

The truth is that our laws--the 2000-3000 page bills that are passed by Congress (without being read) are written by think tanks (smaller NGOs), which are funded by the big NGOs. Do you actually think that our Congressional members take the time out of their busy fund-raising and lobbying schedules to actually write these huge bills? Nope. They are written by the special interest think tanks (NGOs), and then handed to the Senators and Representatives by lobbyists for their rubber stamp approval.

In other words, the NGOs are the hidden puppet masters that puill the strings in our government. Moreover, these NGOs are not publically tradeded companies. They are private Foundations set up by the megawealthy to evade taxes and to provide them with CONTROL. This follows from the fact that Money = Control.

If you want to get some idea of what the Ford Foundation, the Carnegie Foundation, and the Rockerfeller Foundation have been up to since the early part of the 20th century you simply have to listen to the following interview, conducted in 1982, with Norman Dodds, an elder statesman who was put in charge of the Senate investigation into the un-American activities of the major foundations in 1954.

www.youtube.com...

Of course, his investigation never saw the light of day because it was squashed at the highest levels (white house level), and his report was never presented in public. But six months before he died, he spilled the beans in this interview, at a time when he was out of the political game and had no agenda to push. Listen to what he has to say, it will make your hair stand on end.

Its not corporations or governments that are our primary adversaries. Its the huge NGOs, which are hidden out of sight and out of mind, and are rarely if ever discussed by the main stream media.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Interesting video. Of course that is only part 1, of 6 videos which I am now watching. Thanks for posting.

NGO's really do have an aura of mystery about them.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No that I am back, let me tell you about one of the NGOs we used to deal with. There was an NGO, that must remain unnamed, that was providing internal security for a section on our airbase that was run by another NGO. None of the military personnel were allowed into their area. However, as the only American physician for a twenty klick radius, so once I started doing some of the classified missions I did, they started coming to me for emergency treatment rather than going up to Wurzburg to the deathtrap they called the ER.

As time passed, I ended up actually doing an operation with one of the guys I had treated. What they were doing was a great surprise, because I had no idea what they were doing could be done. Although their capability is now a standard of government conspiracy movies, you must remember that this was back in 1985. What did make it even more curious, though, was that both NGOs were outside the normal Governmental oversight and operations.

This is one of the main fashions the Government uses to escape public oversight and control. Once this pattern was established, the Government has used it for creating all of the various deeds they don't want disclosed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Truly excellent post, Angiras!

This was an aspect I hadn't even intended to bring up at this point, but you do so in a supurb fashion. The U.S. was FOUNDED by the equivalent of NGOs. The Virginia Company, responsible for Jamestown, was a British NGO that expanded the British base of operations into North America, yet it was not a part of the OFFICIAL British Government.

Look at the founding of the other American colonies. They were not created by the British Government, but rather by the equivalents of NGOs!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I know Blackwater was actively recruiting Police Officers about 6 or 7 years ago. They offered 6 figure salaries to sign on for "Peacekeeping" missions in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Kosovo. The highest salary being for Afghanistan, I believe it was 140k a year if I remember it right. I actually talked to the wife about it, but decided I like being alive to much to go do convoys, and bullet dodging for VIP's.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
While there are many jobs that are what you were offered, that is not the limit to their activities.

For those with experience and a willingness to go into "action," the NGOs can sometimes be used to operate in locations where there may be some military "advisors," but the military does not want to use active duty troops. Sometimes this is due to local agreements with the officials in the area, but sometimes they are used so that if anything goes wrong, the military commander can say, "None of my troops were in that area when the event occurred."

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Truth,

Better you limit your posts than take a sabbatical....With the NGO activity (obvious and covert) in AFPAK and the GOM, we need your take on it.....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I appreciate your post.

The thing about NGOs that is most important for people to understand is that the "action" locations is but the tip of the iceburg. There is much more activity right here in the U.S., in Central and South America, in Africa, Europe, and Asia.

NGOs are operating in Washington, military facilities all over the country, and even non-military governemental facilities nationwide. Just as with foreign countries, the Pentagon can deny activities when they are not the ones performing the operation, even though they may (or in cases may NOT) be overseeing the operations that occur through the NGOs. This allows our government to completely deny control over those "hidden" functions.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think that the people need to be careful about their terminology.

a NGO is simply a legal company that is working within an area that is not part of the official government infrastructure. They are primarily non-military and are used for the supply of aid or restructuring. The Red Cross is an example of a NGO.

What most of you are referring to are PMCs, or private military contractors. While they are technically still NGOs, they are most certainly not the only type.

In short a PMC is a type of NGO, but not all NGOs are PMCs.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by PaddyInf]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I understand that not all NGOs are PMCs, but I am really talking about actual NGOs.

CIA operates NGOs that officially produce fruit products in Central America, but just happen to perform many other functions as well. CIA functions are not involved with the DoD, and are non-military. It still provides CIA with the ability to perform duties that are out-of-sight from routine Governmental oversight. Even the State Department does this.

There are NGOs that are operated by agencies not officially directed by any Government agency, yet they perform functions that serve to assist agencies "unofficially." Some are covert, while others are strictly illegal. Yet they exist and function anyway.

I still agree, however, that most instances previously discussed are PMCs, so that is a good point.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Truth1000]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join