It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boohoohoo Poor lil' Clinton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
www.drudgereportarchives.com...

CLINTON DISAPPOINTMENT: LEFT OFF FUNERAL SPEAKERS LIST

Former President Bill Clinton has privately expressed anger he has apparently been left off the speakers list of Friday's Reagan State Funeral, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"President Clinton really held out all hope the funeral would be a nonpartisan event, like Nixon's was," a top Clinton source said on Tuesday morning. "He's angry and disappointed neither he nor President Carter have been asked to speak, as of yet."......

Man, this guy always has to be in the middle of everything!!!!
It's starting to get old...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by porque

Man, this guy always has to be in the middle of everything!!!!
It's starting to get old...

Quick, someone get him an intern.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Clinton just wants media attention to promote his wife Hillary Clinton, who is also a member of the senate. He also wants to say something memorable that will help people forget about his sexual relations with Monika Lewinsky.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
well sour grapes for him.

we cant all be on the list and there is only so many hours in a day.

i appreciate the fact he's upset by it and wanted to speak though.

and regardless of what a previous poster said i seriously doubt even clinton would say a word about his own wife. this is a rare ocassion where anyone who speaks doesnt say anything about anyone or anything else except the person being buried. unless someone would like to show me proof that contradicts this. clinton isnt a great guy but lets give him SOME credit, he at least knows how to act like a nice guy which is more than i can say for some people on this board.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm sure Nancy (GOD BLESS THAT WOMAN) had a say in this one. I would assume she'd rather have a hot poker stuck in her butt before she'd let that walking/talking bag of crap speak at the funeral.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ok as much as i dont like the bush bashing lets not refer to clinton as a "bag of crap". we arent here to insult or name call. two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left turn.

carry on...with some maturity please...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ahhg! Who cares about him? He shouldnt be going there. His lying, and cheating as$doesnt deserve to be at Reagan's funeral!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Regrdless of how you feel about Clinton, you have to admit he is quite the dynamic speaker, especially when compared to Bush. I'm sure Bush's handler's didn't want to have these two speakers juxtaposed so close to an election. It would cast even more attention on how bad of a public speaker Bush is.

EDIT: Isn't this a Drudge story? Maybe we shouldn't get all worked up over something that probably isn't true.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by curme]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Regrdless of how you feel about Clinton, you have to admit he is quite the dynamic speaker, especially when compared to Bush. I'm sure Bush's handler's didn't want to have these two speakers juxtaposed so close to an election. It would cast even more attention on how bad of a public speaker Bush is.

the ability to speak or lack thereof does not a leader make. in fact i prefer someone who cant use slick talk to get their way out of messes. you gotta give bush that, he cant talk his way out of wet paper bag.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Clinton was a good president and is still a dominant speaker.

Bush is delivering the eulogy, cry about that.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
the ability to speak or lack thereof does not a leader make. in fact i prefer someone who cant use slick talk to get their way out of messes. you gotta give bush that, he cant talk his way out of wet paper bag.

EXCUSE ME MISTER MODERATOR !

I SEE IT'S OK FOR YOU TO INSULT BUT REGULAR MEMBERS CAN'T!

OR WAS THAT A COMPLIMENT IN DISGUISE?

P.S. YOUR POLITICAL PARTY IS SHOWING...MIGHT WANT TO ZIP IT UP

ok as much as i dont like the bush bashing lets not refer to clinton as a "bag of crap". we arent here to insult or name call. two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left turn.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
saying one cannot talk their way out of a wet paper bag is a far cry from name calling and calling someone a bag of crap. bush cant speak very well, how this is the same in your book is beyond me.

now if you cant tell the difference then use the complaint button. feel free to use it.

BTW it was both. imagine what position he'd be in if he had clinton's gift of gab?
and i stand by my words, i rpefer a bad public speeker over a slick talking politician any day of the week.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
saying one cannot talk their way out of a wet paper bag is a far cry from name calling and calling someone a bag of crap. bush cant speak very well, how this is the same in your book is beyond me.

now if you cant tell the difference then use the complaint button. feel free to use it.

I WAS CLEARLY SPEAKING ABOUT AN INSULT. YOU SAID "WE ARE NOT HERE TO INSULT OR NAME CALL"

DID YOU NOT?

And thanks for the advice................I'll be sure to use it

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
he's a poor public speeker, i used a phrased that may not have been complimentary to him but its the truth. you called clinton a bag of crap. thats outright insulting, as clinton may not have been the kind of president you wanted but that doesnt make him an actual bag of crap. just makes him a slick politician.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
But the Republican ditto monkeys need to stop, drop & think: On any solemn event requiring the National Stage, you always respect & feature former presidents unless they decide to not speak on their own, which they never do.
What you should be disgusted about is that they are playing partisan politics & trying to use the ceremony as a campaign stop by loading all the GOP flacks as speakers.

No, Nancy doesn't have a say; otherwise Bush wouldn't be giving the eulogy. Remember that they tried killing her husband so that George Sr. could have the office. Remember Hinkley is the son of Bush's chief & fund raiseing guru from when he ran against Raygun. Raygun never liked him & regretted selecting him over Ford.
And the hot poker thing Venus? Nancy would probably like it - since she gave Ronnie all that nasty stuff his wife wouldn't give him, seeing as she started as his mistress & caused him to leave his wife & kids for her home-wrecking-95lb-skank-freaky-circus-sex.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
And the hot poker thing Venus? Nancy would probably like it - since she gave Ronnie all that nasty stuff his wife wouldn't give him, seeing as she started as his mistress & caused him to leave his wife & kids for her home-wrecking-95lb-skank-freaky-circus-sex.

You say that like it's a bad thing?

BTW - Thanks so much for that mental image of a lifetime

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What can I say....I likes 'em thick & have always been a bit prejudice against skeletons!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Quick, someone get him an intern.

HI-O

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think Clinton would not have made any partisen comments , or any self promoting , he is laughing all the way to the bank with his book deal and HUGE speaker fees . He could certainly make GW look very poor in any articulate comparison , but what about Carter ? The guy has done nothing but help people since Regan beat him ! Clinton is one thing but leaving out an altruistic great man like Carter shows how partisen things can really get . I am sure they both would have spoken kindly of Reagan , It's a funeral for goodness sakes ! BTW , I called Bush an evil little monster in another posting and am feeling bad about it . Civil behavior is needed in this kind of forum for constructive debates . Wet paper bag to be discarded in November.......

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
B-T, whatthe heck is the matter with you? What is this kind of crap:

"And the hot poker thing Venus? Nancy would probably like it - since she gave Ronnie all that nasty stuff his wife wouldn't give him, seeing as she started as his mistress & caused him to leave his wife & kids for her home-wrecking-95lb-skank-freaky-circus-sex."

You have anything woth two cents to back up the notion that Nancy was Reagan's mistress? Regardless, the rest of that is pure filth. What is the matter with you? So much for the logical-minded man I thought you were. As far as the rest of the comment, you should be as ashamed of you as I am of you. Juvenile garbage at best.

As far as Reagan being shot at so that Bush would be prez, what a ridiculous notion. As far as Clinton being miffed at not being asked to speek at someone's funeral, at crap! It's a funeral. Why does he think he should be a mandatory speaker at someone's funeral? Those of you who feel his pain, allow me to decide who speaks at your funeral. I don't care what your family wants, I decide. Think about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join