It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*New*UFO Sigthing W/Pic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arbitrageur.....

I don't know if they're legal over here.....I've never seen one.

My guess is they're not legal.

I live in the Blue Mountains just west of Sydney where it's all a huge national park comprised of rugged bushland. Those things would be a MASSIVE fire hazard up here.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

What a beautiful park!

And that would be very tough terrain for firefighters to work in!

I think this is a sky lantern dripping flaming bits of fuel so you can see what a fire hazard this would be!

From this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We get fires like this every year not too far from where I live, I sometimes have ashes raining down in my front yard:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0603d6b70f4.jpg[/atsimg]

the brush gets so dry that anything will set it off, so we certainly don't need any help from sky lanterns to start fires.

The dripping sky lantern fuel video is from the Philippines, some parts of which get so wet that it may not be as much of a fire hazard there, but still, it doesn't look safe to watch those flaming balls fall all over the ground.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arby mate.....

Haven't we taught you anything on ATS?

You of all people should not mistake those alien probes being realeased from their mothership for fuel dripping from a chinese lantern!

:shk:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Just a bit of maybe-not-so useless information:

In Australia in September 2009 the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) banned the supply and exportation of sky lanterns (I think pending a review in 2011.) Private fireworks have been banned since the late '70's.

Not to say that people don't release them (especially Chinese New Year), but they're not that popular here.

- Hermit

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Why is everyone always saying "Chinese Lantern"? Are there really that many Chinese Lanterns in the sky floating around with lights in them? Or is "Chinese Lantern" just a convenient excuse to shoo away an unknown sighting, like saying it was "swamp gas"?

No its because these things get released all the time now.

This happened in central Scotland when my sister descibed the event to me I said chinese lantern then this was shown in the Daily Record.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Just a bit of maybe-not-so useless information:
In Australia in September 2009 the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) banned the supply and exportation of sky lanterns (I think pending a review in 2011.) Private fireworks have been banned since the late '70's.
Not to say that people don't release them (especially Chinese New Year), but they're not that popular here.
- Hermit

Netties Hermit.....

Thanks for that info

I figured that might be the case.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Funny, when i was in Koh Samui in Thailand last September they released a heap of lanterns, and i have to admit the first one i noticed in the sky struck me as odd and i couldn't stop looking at it.

It took me a minute to realize it was a Lantern albeit I was pretty drunk at the time.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
ive just received an email from a friend in devon ..he managed to take three photos of the same red orb phenomena ..on one of the shots he managed to zoom in a fair bit and you can see colours other than the red that was first seen ..he described them as stationary but after three photos all three shot upwards at great speed

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

Ufo Sighting 31st May 3:40 am England

As you all know i have seen a few of these all moving erratically, I've been waiting with my camera for 3 weeks for this to happen again. Only the one this time though.

Not saying its an alien spaceship, But it definetely isnt a plane.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f22d16c7a596.jpg[/atsimg]

Late to the party...but first pic is a lantern.

The second pic; I came across the exact same pic on a website at the weekend about some monster in the back end of nowhere. It was part of a few pics with one showing a human for scale. America someplace I think.

Odd how it's on your phone too.

This makes me distrustful.

Also guys i had this on my camera from last year when it was snowing bad, Now not sure what it is but it creeped me out when i saw it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1882cc2dea3.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm Really Looking Forward to get some opinions on what these could be but mostly i want to know if anyone else has seen this object over Chester-le-street area in england

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eliteosbo
ive just received an email from a friend in devon ..he managed to take three photos of the same red orb phenomena ..on one of the shots he managed to zoom in a fair bit and you can see colours other than the red that was first seen ..he described them as stationary but after three photos all three shot upwards at great speed

Eliteosbo.....

Sorry.....

Notwithstandiing the interesting report, I can't make out any useful detail in that photo of the "orbs" you just posted.

Perhaps your friend will have better luck next time!

Kiund regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
thats basically what i told him but i thought id throw it out there just in case it reverberates with someone else from the area who may have better shots of that nights events ..oh well some ya win ..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join