It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*New*UFO Sigthing W/Pic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ok dude.

I've sent it

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Why is everyone always saying "Chinese Lantern"? Are there really that many Chinese Lanterns in the sky floating around with lights in them? Or is "Chinese Lantern" just a convenient excuse to shoo away an unknown sighting, like saying it was "swamp gas"?

Its the start of the new "Red Dawn"

First lanterns appear to mark landing spots and then...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

True-seer.....

Thank you for sending me your photo

Unfortunately there is no EXIF data attached to your image (see below).

2 things if I may.....

1. May I ask how you transfered the image from your camera -> PC/laptop -> e-mail to me? (many thanks)

2. May I also ask if you could post a more detailed report about your sighting & any other information & commentary you feel will help us to understand the circumstances pertaining to your photo? (many thanks)

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Reply to 1)
I transferred the image from my camera to my laptop using a bluetooth transfer.....since i dont have any other way.

Then i attached the image to the email i sent you.

Reply to 2)
Well i posted a few weeks back about seeing similar lights in the sky i saw 1 around 12 am then and i saw 4 more in the same place about an hour later, sadly i didnt have a camera then, now this started to happen frequently so i Borrowed a camera and well you see the pic.

Detailed report of what happend
I saw the object light up in the sky, it didnt rise from anywere it just appeared. Thier were no clouds. it stayed stationary for a short while then went off the the right view on the image then went stationary for a minute then moved back to were it appeared. the light got dimmer and it dissapeared.

Now Here is an image explaining its location.

Now From my view it moved from one side of the circle in the picture to the other.

It has been happening alot recently and they move in such a way that, well they just cant be lanterns.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I hope the information on what happend along with the image explaining its locations is enough for you to look over.

I'm not a great investigator and i normally provide evidence or input in ways that make me seem unskilled(stupid).

Eagerly awaiting your reply

Maybe..maybe..not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
does anyone have any futher input on this....need some more opinions like

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

I hope the information on what happend along with the image explaining its locations is enough for you to look over.

I'm not a great investigator and i normally provide evidence or input in ways that make me seem unskilled(stupid).

Eagerly awaiting your reply

Maybe..maybe..not

True-seer.....

Don't be so hard on yourself mate!!!

I must apologise.....I simply forgot to get back to your thread.

I'm guessing your BlueTooth transfer stripped off the data & compressed the image. Can you e-mail the file from your phone to your computer or straight to me? Can you use a cable or memory card to transfer it from your phone to your computer & then e-mail me?

Let me know.....

I don't have too much more time tonight.....I'm trashed!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I hate to say it but..........Chinese Lantern , it's the right colour and looks to be about the size of the ones I've seen . it also appears to have a lighter yellow spot on it which I would suggest is the flame .

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Like i said i lent it off a friend and well he lost his usb cable
i dont have one that fits either and how can i transfer it off the sd card ?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

True-seer.....

Does your computer take the SD card?

Can you simply buy an appropriate USB cable?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Hi True-seer, you can get a USB SD Card Reader, they don't cost that much..

USB SD card reader

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I hate to say it but..........Chinese Lantern , it's the right colour and looks to be about the size of the ones I've seen . it also appears to have a lighter yellow spot on it which I would suggest is the flame .

Gortex.....

The report & the picture don't exclude that as yet.

But I always enjoy trying to have a closer look.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I wouldnt be able to buy a usb cable i'm afraid

But my friend has a thingie that takes sd cards for computers..i'll pop round his later on and see if it fits.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I wouldnt be able to buy a usb cable i'm afraid

But my friend has a thingie that takes sd cards for computers..i'll pop round his later on and see if it fits.

True-seer.....

OK.....good luck!

I'll sign back in tomorrow.....it's quite late here now & I've run out of brain cells!!!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Good news my friend is fetching it round now if it fits i'll send the image straight away.

Same email adress as last time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Good news my friend is fetching it round now if it fits i'll send the image straight away.

True-seer.....

Yup.....same address.

I'll check that out tomorrow morning.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

True-seer.....

Sorry mate.....I still get the same result.

The resolution is the same as the image you posted & there is no data attached.

I know you are going to want to give me an uppercut for this, but I just can't see anything in your description or your photo that excludes the object really being a chinese lantern.

I hope that if you see these objects again, you can derive further info.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I just can't see anything in your description or your photo that excludes the object really being a chinese lantern.

Same here, and the lack of noise, etc would also be consistent with that explanation. But there's not enough detail in that photo to draw that or any other determination conclusively.

I know people don't like hearing Chinese Lantern, but they are popular in the UK, right?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I just can't see anything in your description or your photo that excludes the object really being a chinese lantern.

Same here, and the lack of noise, etc would also be consistent with that explanation. But there's not enough detail in that photo to draw that or any other determination conclusively.

I know people don't like hearing Chinese Lantern, but they are popular in the UK, right?

Arbitrageur.....

Why would you say they're popular?

I mean, just because they've sold 7 million of them......

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Only 7 million? I would have guessed more. But that's enough to cause more than a few sightings.

I think they are illegal where I live due to the fire hazard, I never see them but I see other lights in the sky that are completely silent and hover for a long time, like 5 minutes or more.

So if I took a pic or video while it's hovering, it would be just another mysterious fuzzy dot in the sky that we can't identify.

But if I watch them long enough, eventually I see them move as they land at the airport, I guess they are too far away to hear the noise but the lights are bright enough to travel quite a distance. I never get a good enough look to be sure it's a plane but what else would land at the airport like that? So that's one reason I'm not convinced all silent hovering lights are sky lanterns, but I'm sure that in the UK many are, well 7 million of them have been if that figure is correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join