It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with people on ATS all of a sudden?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for almost 2 years and I have never see so much name calling and such. It seems that here lately more and more people are acting like jerks for little or no reason. It is as if some of them are trying to run people off the site of something. What is going on?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I have been on ATS for almost 2 years and I have never see so much name calling and such.

I know, it's a worrying and unfortunate trend.

It seems that here lately more and more people are acting like jerks for little or no reason.

Oh boy, see whet you did there? ... irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

"curse those insulting jerks!"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Besides it being that time of year...when all the lil kiddies are getting out of school, and signing up...plus the site is growing by leaps and bounds....much of it will work its self out in short time. IMO.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday

Besides it being that time of year...when all the lil kiddies are getting out of school, and signing up...plus the site is growing by leaps and bounds....much of it will work its self out in short time. IMO.

Yep it's summer time
All the people are out on their computers........ on ats.....

But don't worry my U2U inbox is pretty scary year round

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I have been on ATS for almost 2 years and I have never see so much name calling and such.

I know, it's a worrying and unfortunate trend.

It seems that here lately more and more people are acting like jerks for little or no reason.

Oh boy, see whet you did there? ... irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

"curse those insulting jerks!"

You can not put me in that pile. I have been attacked but I did not return the attack. If I had then maybe you could add me to that list. And I did not name names when I said some people are acting like jerks. It is not worth the time to start something like that or keep it going. I was just wondering if any one else had noticed it and what may be the reason. Something seems to have people on edge and I was just wondering what that may be.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
its a conspiracy, probably goverment peeps trying to deflect would be readers - only my thoughts though

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
People hate to be exposed for what they are...Some people on this site have a job and I think you know what I mean by that...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
not to mention all the gov disinfo agents
who get a paycheck from uncle sam and
canada also come on here to demonize
anything outside of the propaganda they
want us to see. They use all kinds of
techniques including intimidation
to quell dissent, by any and all means.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You can not put me in that pile.

I know fixer, I was just having a little fun with you.

Don't let the insult get you down my friend and don't take them personally, some folks are just predisposed to lashing out when their ego/thoughts get challenged. It is what it is. If someone attacks you or another member personally, don't react to it and just alert it and the staff will take care of it. Trust me, they like it even less than you do.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is an article on msn today about how debt-related stress is a huge problem now. I think it's making everyone short-tempered and intolerant (well, more than usual).

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well said I wish I could star you for that but I can't if the thread is talking about ATS...Hmm.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Read the bible--in the end days people become short un willing to compomise, jadded and a host of other things. We are all feed up since we reconise that with all the information out there, we still cant seem to find the right path for a good life. We see solutions but no institution to install them into our way of life. we have a mirage of laws, but none for the really evil bastards out there, who control us. We see a system of failed freedom, agovernment that steals your money and spends it in other countries. Bankers who take bail out money and invests overseas with it. Mainly its cowrdly people, who realy on others for their will.
There is a thread on stopping paying taxes to our government under real constitunal law. its on WHAT REALLY HAPPENED .COM--time to get tough. have this country file bankrupt. and set up a new system from the people not the bankers. Bible says fight, educate or suffer, only now he has taken away his hand and its truely up to us as a whole to solve our problems. Its the end times, starting in 1914 with the birth of the last holy roman empire --Your government even know are sighning over your lands for bank notes--who now will control these lands?? not you thats for sure. Go read the end times prophfecies in the bible and see if they dont describe peoples attitudes to a tee--or the times we are in. I chalange you to read what was wrote about us thousands of years ago and not believe

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Something seems to have people on edge and I was just wondering what that may be.

I think you answered your own question. There's a lot to be on edge about that is valid and verified, and then factor in ongoing conspiracies which seem to resist being resolved (9/11, etc.) and factor in the idea that we might possibly escalate the sense of doom to a small degree, perhaps people are feeling more desperate, and loosing their control more often.

That's one of the reasons I enjoy and respect the hallowed walls of BTS. We can still dance around conspiracies there, but also let down our....... hmmm....... I was going to say "let down our hair", except I'm completely bald. Well. Gonna have to invent a new phrase for the follically challenged.

Short answer: I've only been here a couple of years. Even within that time, things seem to run in semi-predictable cycles. It's gonna be o-kay.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Its called gang stalking, it is the mob mentality used by the gov to dissuade people from accepting a person they want hounded.

It happens in real life too.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Like I said in a another thread I can call people out individually on this site but it would be blocked...They all show up on the same thread and gang up.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What is up with people on ATS all of a sudden?

Eh ... seems to happen every year about this time, as others have mentioned and/or alluded to.

Add to that the current economic, environmental, global issues & overall situation (s) AND ... you get what we see/have here ...

People - as a whole - are upset, frustrated, experiencing the financial, environmental and doorstep impact(s) of current happenings, events and trends.

Not much different than previous years, though, perhaps, a bit escalated due to global events and the typically associated worries & whoes akin to the same.

Folks targeting and taking their frustrations out on the most readily and easily addressed "concerns".

Sadly ... each other ... as opposed to that/those which are ultlimately the truly causative factor(s).

wash - rinse - repeat.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL

Like I said in a another thread I can call people out individually on this site but it would be blocked...They all show up on the same thread and gang up.

Yep i just ignore the group haressment you mention on the net now, but they are there.

I can see why some it may get too, but i have had 18 years of haressment now, and its like just my life now, always negative being thrown at me. I am used to it.

Others who feel they get targeted by these tactics, just ignore it, and you do learn to ignore it online, but there really is scum out there.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I gladly oblige their false argument...I don't ignore them, I just love it when as we keep going their argument becomes more and more erroneous.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL

I gladly oblige their false argument...I don't ignore them, I just love it when as we keep going their argument becomes more and more erroneous.

You do know this is a conspiracy website not a verbal gladiatorial circus, right? By listening to others and sharing with them, the truth can be found. Not in confrontation. THAT'S the problem and if you look at this like a battle you've already lost.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't try to make it into one...I get bombarded with sarcasm/insults by the same people over and over and I feel good about proving them wrong, I don't see how that's a "gladiatorial circus" I just don't like liars and It's not insulting anyone, I thought this website was about information and some debate...Am I wrong?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join