It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with people on ATS all of a sudden?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
reply to post by intrepid

I don't try to make it into one...I get bombarded with sarcasm/insults by the same people over and over and I feel good about proving them wrong,

Really? I didn't know you had all the answers. Hell, now you're here we can all log off. As to the bold, don't you see how childish that is? You know what rocks my boat? I like to help members.

I just don't like liars

And you are adapt at seeing who a liar is along with infinite wisdom? Can I be you? Just for a day. I crave enlightenment.

I thought this website was about information and some debate...Am I wrong?

Nope, that's an accurate statement. Why not treat it as such and not a sparring forum?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm not going to argue with a moderator, I'm not trying to have my account banned...
You seem to know me, enough said...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I'm not going to argue with a moderator, I'm not trying to have my account banned...
You seem to know me, enough said...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

Is that your final answer or do you need another edit? Weak argument dude. People don't get banned for disagreeing with staff. People DO get banned for serious and/or continued violations of the T&C.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yeah well I don't want to violate terms based on your last post so I'll pass on an argument or sarcasm-off with you.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm not going to argue with a moderator ...

Why not? I do so All the time.

We're members too, after all.

Please, always bear in mind, that you're thoughts, questions, queries and concerns are Just as valid as any other(s) here on the boards.

If ever ... Please don't hesitate to ask.

We're here to facilitate and participate just the same.

All the best,

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I am very new here, though not new to forums. I found ATS via the C2C appearance, figured it was high time that I mosey on over and check it out.

I am so new that I do not know of the behavior patterns mentioned in this thread, in fact, I've been amazed at the level of politeness present. I'm amazed because I know that internet anonymity brings out behaviors not seen in the meat world.

www.usatoday.com...

Speaking only for myself here: I enjoy debate, and I appreciate having my errors, omissions, or weak logic pointed or/suggested. I've learned *so* much in my years of discourse on the internet that it's humbling to look back on. I'm grateful to those who took the time to help me along in my quests of understanding.

I also try to remember to not take anything personally and to remember that our interpretations of people's written word have a great deal of *interpretation* in the mix. Sometimes what we interpret isn't exactly what the writer meant or delivered in the "tone" we "hear".

The vast majority of communication inputs in the meat world are non-verbal cues. Percentages vary by study or expert, but it is heavily weighted to those non-verbal cues. Written word is bereft of all of that - the vast majority of what a human is keyed to process.

Additionally, often times responses are zipped off, without thought or edit. I am embarrassingly prone to "firing off" the first thing that pops into my mind in response to something I've read. Rarely would that be what I would have typed if I had paused a moment or three and thought about a reply. But, that's also part of the fun of internet communication! So much of it is unfiltered by "societal mores" and provides a clearer picture of the real person. Or, such is my belief anyway

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Well here's a nice one...Thanks for that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That moderator just hurt my feelings...but why do I feel like such a winner? lol

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

My apologies for the hurt feelings. It was not my intent. I was just attempting to show you that if you go on the offensive there's members out there that will bite your hand off. And not as nicely I might add. Remember I said I enjoy helping members? That's what I'm doing here.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm just pretty much always in a bad mood. Does that answer your question?

Really, this place is just a small relfection of the world.

So, what ya got, that will entertain us?

Really, don't let it get to ya. People are just people here, take it all with a grain of salt.

Quite frankly, these threads, demoralizing everyone on ATS are getting old. You can't please everyone all the time.

Go on you merry way, and use the tools availabe to you, by way of ignore, etc...........

Bahhhhhhhhh, new day, same old doo, doo, by people who think ATS is the answer to everthing, and when they don't find it, complain.!

ATS needs a whiner board. This crappola has to go!

edit to add, the board on ATS for rants, ain't cuttin it, really, we need a Whiner board! Please, these people that whine are getting to me, and it's getting old, like on a daily basis. Add a whiner board, please!

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Add a whiner board, please!

Can we call it "The ATS Tissues" thread?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No kidding. With the amount of threads, and topics everyone can read away, and respond, or not.

I am disgusted with people complaining, when there is all kinds of forums and threads here, to meet all tastes.

Despite my chronic bad mood, there is always something here to please me, and that is saying, a lot!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I know so many dumb dumbs and poop heads around these days.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
People don't get banned for disagreeing with staff.

NWOWILLFAIL, this is correct....I know this because I would be banned already!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

haha amen jesus!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by intrepid
People don't get banned for disagreeing with staff.

NWOWILLFAIL, this is correct....I know this because I would be banned already!

I second that. I've argued the opposing sides of issues with mods in threads and didn't feel threatened in the least for doing so.

reply to post by fixer1967

Just chill out here in BTS until summer's over. Most of the newbies haven't figured out that their ATS username and password allows them access here.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
not to mention all the gov disinfo agents
who get a paycheck from uncle sam and
canada also come on here to demonize
anything outside of the propaganda they
want us to see. They use all kinds of
techniques including intimidation
to quell dissent, by any and all means.

I've never really understood how someone could be intimidated over the internet. It's words on a screen, not a live person in your face. If you don't like what's being said to you, it's very easy to just ignore them. If some nutjob does go to the extreme and shows up at your house ...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

It has to do with a certain group that doesn't want to be considered wrong. Hardcore skeptics can be a little rough.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by andy1033

Like I said in a another thread I can call people out individually on this site but it would be blocked...They all show up on the same thread and gang up.

I know who you are talking about. Yes, it would seem that when a certain thread or threads pop-up they immediately attack that thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I have been on ATS for almost 2 years and I have never see so much name calling and such. It seems that here lately more and more people are acting like jerks for little or no reason. It is as if some of them are trying to run people off the site of something. What is going on?

Some people behave this way because they lack articulations skills and really have to interest in debate,nor do they have an open mind. It's as if you have to attune to their view and if you don't, then the name calling starts as if that's going to all of a sudden make you agree.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join