It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP admits: Top Kill not working

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I dont know if this will be of any help. I have just been on a website called `galactic friends` just put in, gulf oil spill, it could be the answer to what we are looking for, its definitely worth a look. sorry I cant do links, not mastered it yet.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
All fossil fuels and nuclear energy are dirty and non-controllable.

We need to demand clean energy. At least, if every ATS Member e-mailed the White House, their Senator and Congressman today that they are fed up with this sham, maybe just maybe if millions did this simple action - we might get through to TPTB that we are on the verge of demanding a stop to the nonsense of using fossil fuels.

Talk about conspiracies, Jim Marrs says that the technology for clean energy has been available for a long time now, (google bob lazar's car) and that it's just "being hidden" from the public because of our oil based economy and TPTB that own the rights to this dirty energy don't want to relinquish their power and money. In other words, TPTB are willing to sell you, me and our planet down the road of extinction for their own profit and gain. Talk about the ultimate Service To Self.

That last statement should in and of itself make every single person reading this angry and wanting to take some kind of action.

Well folks, we have now probably destroyed a large part of the Gulf.

At 6pm Saturday evening, BP officials announced the "top kill" effort had failed and now they were moving on to another plan (more below).

I am on site at the Gulf Coast right now, and while I haven't reached the areas where oil is washing up on the beaches, I'm learning some interesting information nonetheless. In particular, finding a hotel room anywhere near New Orleans has become virtually impossible, as BP has rented out virtually every available hotel room from St. Charles, Louisiana all the way to Pensacola, Florida. (I am currently staying in a fleabag hotel that miraculously has internet access...)

But it raises the question: Where are all these people? I haven't seen a single BP person anywhere, and I was out on some beaches today filming editorial segments for NaturalNews. I did see some small watercraft laying out protective barriers, but I didn't see any BP people anywhere.

I'll keep you posted on what we find tomorrow as we approach the beaches to the East of New Orleans.

Expect more oil for the next 10 weeks

Now that the top kill effort has failed, it means oil will keep spewing into the Gulf of Mexico until at least August. That's when two "pressure release" wells are expected to be completed. The purpose of these two wells is to siphon off the oil from underneath the ocean bed, thereby releasing the pressure that's currently pushing crude oil out of the existing hole under the doomed Deepwater Horizon rig.

This "plan C" effort remains extremely risky, of course. There's no guarantee it will work at all. And if it fails, this "volcano of oil" could continue to pollute the Earth's oceans for years. This could, in fact, be the global killer event I warned about in an earlier story about this BP oil spill.

We could be looking at a global-scale environmental catastrophe that destroys virtually all marine life in the Gulf of Mexico and takes a century to fully recover. It's really that bad. If they can't stop this volcano of oil in the next week, we could be looking at the single most destructive environmental catastrophe ever to strike our planet since the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Get ready for more chemicals

In the mean time, now that the top kill effort has failed, BP has announced it is resuming the spraying of chemical dispersants into the massive oil plumes that remain deep under the surface of the Gulf of Mexico water. This means more chemicals that will kill more forms of marine life throughout the Gulf. [ex/]

WRAPUP 4-BP fails to plug oil well with 'top kill'
Sat, May 29 2010
* BP not able to stop the flow of oil

* BP moves to next option, one to capture oil

* Blow to BP and U.S. government (Recasts with top kill failing)

By Ed Stoddard and Mary Milliken

VENICE, La./HOUSTON, May 29 (Reuters) - BP Plc (BP.L: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) said on Saturday the complex "top kill" maneuver to plug its Gulf of Mexico oil well has failed, crushing hopes for a quick end to the largest oil spill in U.S. history already in its 40th day.

"We have not been able to stop the flow," said Doug Suttles, the London-based oil giant's chief operating officer.

"We have made the decision to move on to the next option," he added.

That next option is called the lower marine riser package cap, one that captures oil from the well rather than plug it. Suttles said it could take four days or longer to show results.

U.S. Coast Guard Admiral Mary Landry, flanking Suttles at a daily briefing, said the news of the top kill failure was disappointing and that the best option for ending the spill was drilling a relief well which BP estimates will take two months.

The top kill maneuver started on Wednesday and involved pumping heavy fluids and other material into the well shaft to stifle the flow, then seal it with cement.

But it was fraught with risk because it had never been attempted at the depth of the well, a mile (1.6 km) beneath the sea.

The failure was a further blow to BP's reputation and bottom line. The company has spent $940 million so far to try to plug the leak and clean up the sea and soiled marshlands vital to wildlife and fishing.

The news will also put further pressure on U.S. President Barack Obama, who is struggling to persuade Americans that his administration can handle the crisis. The plodding clean-up effort has sickened workers and left Gulf coast residents frustrated and angry.

--------------------

TAKE A LOOK on the spill [ID:nSPILL]

BREAKINGVIEWS: [ID:nN28122201]

INSIDER TV: link.reuters.com/wuw64k

Graphic: link.reuters.com/neh56k

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Deepwater Horizon rig exploded on April 20, killing 11 workers and unleashing an underwater torrent of oil that the government estimated at 12,000 to 19,000 barrels (504,000 to 798,000 gallons/1.9 million to 3 million liters) a day.

Obama faced criticism that he responded too slowly and assured people in Louisiana during a visit on Friday that they "will not be left behind" and that the "buck stops" with him.

There is not much Obama can do other than apply pressure to BP to get it right and put his best scientists in the room. The government has no deep-sea oil technology of its own.

This week, government estimates showed that the Gulf spill surpassed the 1989 Exxon Valdez disaster in Alaskan waters. (Additional reporting by Kristen Hays in Houston, Jane Sutton and Pascal Fletcher in Miami; writing by Mary Milliken and Mohammad Zargham)
Source: www.reuters.com...

This could have been prevented, by 1) BP spending more on safety and bypassing their greed for their hugh profits. 2) The public demanding we put a stop to using all fossil and nuclear energy. They are dirty and not controllable.

This "incident" will take hundreds of years to clean up and may leave many Gulf Ocean Species of life extinct.

This in and of itself is now a major conspiracy against the entire planet.

If indeed we have "space brothers" lol: where are they now when we need them?

How about coming down and shooting a laser beam and mend the gapping holes (there are several we know of).

Do we even know if the public ever got the full story? What else is BP hiding.

Next we are going to have another Chenobyl, it's just a matter of time.

Start researching nuclear waste, that's another nightmare waiting to happen.

I saw this coming in my initial post on this and I'm only of average intellegence, many of you ATS Folks are very very smart and the severity of this situation is now a shock to everyone?

Most people prefer to remain asleep with their head in the sand, apathetic and not willing to take action.

Does it make sense to let a dragon loose that you know you can't control?

Will this incident teach us all something or are we going to continue to allow the use of dirty energy and reward those who profit from it.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Please God tell me this is some kind of bad joke, they tried to block the pipe with mud!!

If this is true, and its the best all those top physicists and Engineers could come up with then we are all doomed.....these are the people we trust to make important decisions!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Her is another article which states

Meanwhile ,the company now plans to use robot submarines to cut the damaged riser from which the oil is leaking. After that they will try cap it with a valve. The effort is expected to take between four and seven days.

From this article BP fails to plug oil leak in Gulf of Mexico

Why is this taking so long?

Why hasnt the Mighty US navy been called in ?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Please God tell me this is some kind of bad joke, they tried to block the pipe with mud!!

If this is true, and its the best all those top physicists and Engineers could come up with then we are all doomed.....these are the people we trust to make important decisions!

You really should educate yourself before you say thing like that. Then you wouldn't look so dumb and naive. Have a read of this and learn a little about how drilling is done. It will also show you how, when, where and most importantly why "mud" is used.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Yes, I can guarantee nuking it will work and not cause any other natural calamities. The detonation of a low yield nuclear device at the source will do two things. It may fuse the leak shut with heat, but more importantly, it will definitely collapse the shaft for hundreds or thousands of feet, depending on the yield, destroying the oil's path to the ocean floor.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why hasn't BP gotten any of the maned submersibles around the globe on seen? example www.whoi.edu...

I don't think the President cares about this one bit. The reason I say this is because if I were in his shoes I would mobilize one of these maned submersibles and demand to see the leak first hand. BP has lied about everything so far and can not be trusted.

I know what some people are thinking, oh it's to dangerous to have the President go down in a sub. Yeah well send the vise pres to do it.

I remember that Titanic special several years back and the view from the sub beat the rov's hand down.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
BP Involved again in another 5000 barrel spill in Alaska

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Gulf Oil Spill-Gutsy Solution Restores Environment in Just Six Weeks

But I think the most obvious and good things are the most difficult ones for the governments.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogwomp
Why hasn't BP gotten any of the maned submersibles around the globe on seen? example www.whoi.edu...

I don't think the President cares about this one bit. The reason I say this is because if I were in his shoes I would mobilize one of these maned submersibles and demand to see the leak first hand. BP has lied about everything so far and can not be trusted.

I know what some people are thinking, oh it's to dangerous to have the President go down in a sub. Yeah well send the vise pres to do it.

I remember that Titanic special several years back and the view from the sub beat the rov's hand down.

Quoted for agreement.

Strike 3, get them off the job. If this is what "the best and brightest" minds in the industry have to offer, I suggest we give the "worst and dimmest" minds a chance.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

Microbes that can clean all oil and not harm animals or environment in 6 weeks or less! At least this video is hopeful and positive.

www.galacticfriends.com...
Thank you Star Child, interesting site!!!!!

Why isn't BP using these microbes? They have financial investments (again greed) on the frap chemicals their using. BP is a corporation and corporations only look at profit through greed.

Until the common man wakes up and demands differently, they will continue the same old same old profit through greed with no moral compunciton by just renaming their actions differently each time.

We better come up with a solution and fast, start researching Gulf Stream, this won't just be limited to The Gulf, the oil and it's destruction are going to spread if we don't do something soon.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kapodistrias

Awesome find!

Please post that video in every Oil Spill thread.

BTW, why has ATS failed to devote a Forum to this topic as was requested by many members besides myself? (They did so with Katrina, Swine Flu etc.)

[edit on 30-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kapodistrias
Gulf Oil Spill-Gutsy Solution Restores Environment in Just Six Weeks

But I think the most obvious and good things are the most difficult ones for the governments.

So why dont people get behind this?

The whole oil leak thing stinks of something!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kapodistrias

Yep this is the video Star Child talks about, the little oil eating microbes, good post, thank you for embedding this for everyone!!!!

Now all we need to do is demand TPTB start trying this out vs the toxic chemicals.

Write, email or phone your reps today.

Maybe if enough people made a rukus TPTB might listen.

They would really listen if every single person refused to buy gas for several days but that would never happen, we're too dependant.

Being dependant on the very institutions that are destorying our planet is not smart, sort of like kissing the hand that is going to chop your head off.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

they'll just e-mail you a long winded policy on the matter. I think its template driven

don't nuke, don't even moab. It'd be like a napalm bomb to the millionth degree

[edit on 30-5-2010 by reject]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Yes let's nuke it.

Can you say burn to a crisp. Can you say really mucked up air and radiation poisoning.

Using one dirty, noncontrollable form of energy to clean up another dirty, noncontrollable energy is not IMO the answer.

We got into this situation because we are not demanding alternative types of energy.

Profit, greed and STS might very well be the human characteristics that culminates in our species end.

We are all that interconnected to both each other and this planet.

Nuking would be very dangerous and with the sheer area involved, I shudder to think if we did nuke the Gulf what the end results would be.

Logically speaking, this would be adding insult to injury.

Radiation poisioning would take tens of thousands of years to dissipate.

Again, stop with the dirty energy - stop stop stop.

We have got to ALL DEMAND clean alternative energy. The entire concept of dirty energy and charging for energy (which is natural to the planet and nobody should "own it") is ludicris.

Maybe I should change my user name to "notofhumandescent" because most humans really really think totally illogically, they allow this poop to happen by both their apathy and stupidity.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
what about the 6 degrees of separation

If everybody sent out emails from thier contct list or better still get some of their celebraty friends to get behind the project, even TWITTER their followers about the microbe solution.

something must be done, I want my kids to have a healthy future.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yeap..

They don't understand by emails or suggestions by the "simple" people.

They are so dependent frorm the money.They think they are god.

Unfortunately other forms of violence or something are needed to get things done in the right way!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Luckily it's not all bad.

Good news: Scientists from BP have discovered a car that runs on water.

Bad news: Only water from the gulf of Mexico.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Alvin that maned submersible is owned by the U.S. Navy

It was built in 1964 and is 45 year old technology that can dive to 2 1/2 miles

www.whoi.edu...

One call from the President and it would be a done deal. At least it would appear to the public that something is being done. That someone is in charge and making things happen. If this goes on unstopped till August, I can guarantee oil will find it's way into the Chesapeake Bay, then maybe something will get done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join