It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP admits: Top Kill not working

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hieron
Luckily it's not all bad.

Good news: Scientists from BP have discovered a car that runs on water.

Bad news: Only water from the gulf of Mexico.

ARGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Wanna know the really, really, really bad news?

BP owns the patent to that and numerous other devices that threaten their evil empire and there all sitting on a shelf somewhere.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
so how do the people turn this around?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontbealala
so how do the people turn this around?

For starters I think some of the laws and regulations need to be overhauled.

Seems like it would be easier for the Parishes of Louisiana to get a permit to dig a deep sea oil well rather than the permit to dredge the protective barriers it so desperately needs.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I would like to believe that this tragedy unfolding before our eyes would be enough to wake up the American people, but I honestly do not think that it will.

CNN will spend the day coddling their viewers, breaking it gently to them that this is going to be another 2 months now, etc etc. Then slowly this story will slip off of the air and on to something else big and breaking.

Then the people will eat # politely with a spoon, then go on about their daily lives.

It's going to take a whole lot more than just a ton of sea life dying before the country's eyes, and that is the sad truth.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Glad I could help. for every negative there has to be a positive, if we all look hard enough we will find the answer, Love and Peace.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
what you guys seem to be missing is the label of this thing "TOP KILL"
ok, its not an effort to stop it but to TOP KILL.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Looks like the oil will be heading north to my area of the gulf this week.
Click on "Oil Spill Forecast - 72 hours" from the list beside this map.
www.wkrg.com...
It will show more of a northern movement of the oil as it spreads out.
If this keeps up BP will need to buy houses and property of people living in coastal counties....
No jobs, health concerns property values going down the toilet

[edit on 30-5-2010 by JTK69]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

You are absolutely right Aisling.

Most people don't really care enough to take action, to protest to boycott to demand a change in past protocol.

If enough us caused a real rukus, went against the common non-reaction maybe we could stop this ludicris movement towards humanity's destruction.

Will enough people wake from this Matrix? Will enough of us band together, sluff off our apathy and revolt against this insanity?

Only time will tell.

This "incident", I've predicted all along is going to have catastrophic affects thoughout our entire planet.

This latest "crisis" will affect not only our oceans and it's sealife, but our weather and land as well and not for a few years or decades - I have a feeling we are looking at centuries that this recent incidence will be affecting us.

A few people here and there protesting isn't going to do jack, the movement needs to take hold with a big majority and it needs to move us all enough to take some sort of action before it's too late.

What's more, it is rumored that there has been available, free, abundant and clean energy for a long time. It's just that the people who have tried to bring this to light have been silenced, blackmailed, bought off and even murdered by TPTB that have a current monopoly on the dirty energy we are being forced to use.

The average person, according to Jim Marrs, is fifty to sixty years or more behind knowing what viable energy is really available.

Currently we are a fossil fuel based economy and the bullies that run this slavery ring have knowingly enslaved almost all of humanity and sold both human kind and our beautiful planet into possibly worldwide ecological destruction in order to maintain their power and money staus quo.

Disclosure probably wouldn't change life as we know it compared to changing our global society from based on dirty fossil fuel to a cleaner alternative.

And get this, air, water and sun light should be free - no one should own it and charge for it - that is absolutely insane.

I keep repeating this in many of my replies, not because I am senile, but I am just hoping to wake everyone up and light a match under some butts.

One, two, three thousand "awakened" souls can't do much, it will take all of us together, united we stand, divided we fall and we along with our planet are falling at the moment.

Everyone likes to sink back into the comfortable, "oh the planet will recover, we'll be okay, we've managaed stuff like this before".

There is coming a time, and I feel it is coming sooner than later, that we will hit a critical mass wherein we will not be able to turn around all the junk we are doing to this beautiful planet.

People must wake up and quickly.

The greed and service to self must stop.

The ones that think only of themselves do not realize how intimately we and our planet are interconnected.

The bullies are still bullying all the other kids in the school yard, and until the other kids gang together and stop the bully, they are going to continue to be bullied.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"TOP KILL" sounds retarded. Like, really. It sounds like they're not even taking it seriously. Here's probably what transpired the evening of the disaster.

"Sir, I think we have a problem."
"What?"
"There's been an oil spill at one of our pipelines."
"Then go fix it."
"We have no idea how to, sir."
"JUST DO IT."
"OK, I got an idea. It's called TOP KILL."
"Sounds about right. Commence with your project."
"Yes, sir."

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
TOP KILL not working? Kinda like ME WANT GO HOME NOW.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

BP, Masters of Fail:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
brainstorm time.. get a rock or boulder, chissel one side so its bulky, but pointy, so it fits into the oil hole. weight of the top side would weigh down, pushing n keeping the chisseled side in the oil hole. at least a temporary solution! and relatively inexpensive.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Also note that every attempt BP makes involves recovering oil, that is their first priority, not ending the leak or plugging the hole. They want to make sure they can get their money out of that hole.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling

It's going to take a whole lot more than just a ton of sea life dying before the country's eyes, and that is the sad truth.

Sad to say your right. What will wake up not just the American people, but the world. Will it be the oil covered land going 10, 15 miles inland after the first few big storms? Could it be when the beaches from Mass. to Florida are closed?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bt2184

I hope everyone re-reads your post. You are absolutely right and shows BP is like all the other corporations, they think only of one thing and one thing only profit.

They don't care if it's at the expense of you, your children or anyone else.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Ok, I am not a Scientist or anything. My idea to fix this sounds relatively simple (more or less), but you all tell me if it's impossible or just won't work.

Why not just divert this leak in the meantime? Make/assemble a pipe that would go from the leak site to a repository on the surface and have it collect there until we can figure this out.

We HAVE the resources and manpower to pull something like that off in no time.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by impaired]

It's 1 MILE UNDER WATER !!!!!!!!! the freaking pressure is enormous which makes "normal" engineering very difficult. This is "the" deep sea oil drilling "accident waiting to happen".

The military will be of no use either! That's just ra ra "our military is so good they can do anything" mistaken belief. (prove me wrong by giving an example of a leaking pipe 1 mile down sealed by the military...........)

This is the price you pay for being wedded to oil.

At least Obama has halted further deep sea drilling. But I bet he'll lift that in a year or so as the pressure from oil addicted "masses" starts to increase.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The only way this country will wake up and care about this is when we can no longer eat seafood or any other food contaminated with the oil/dispersant, and when people literally start dying in the hundreds, maybe thousands from inhalation. Hopefully that will not happen. But from what I'm reading, barring Divine Intervention (which I am praying for constantly), it looks like we are now in a worst-case scenario.

Supposedly First Contact with space beings who are going to help us is scheduled to happen within the next 6 months. I think 6 months from now is too late. If we don't get divine intervention within the next month or two, I don't see how this can turn out well.

I'll say it again: Galactic Federation, or whoever is responsible for uplifting the Earth to higher dimensions under the Most High God--you had better come down here NOW and help us, because obviously we are not capable of helping ourselves in the face of such evil that just won't quit. Give us a break already, and listen to our free will. We want help NOW and tomorrow is too late!!!!!

P.S. Remember the disaster of Katrina and how USACE blundered left and right? Do you really believe that our government is capable of fixing this???? Think again!

[edit on 30-5-2010 by formernewager]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They want to use a nuke, and of course this brilliant idea comes from our "friends" the Russians. Does any of this give anyone else the willies?

Look we have seen this before, yes the parameters are different but the scenario is the same just look into Ixtox. The whole event is like some time paradox it's crazy, but the end result was the drilling of relief wells. It worked then God willing it will work now, however it is not a quick fix. In the mean time we direct our attention towards protecting our yet unaffected shorelines. we cant make the drillers of the relief wells go any faster, it's gonna take time.

I have serious concerns with the direction this whole thing is taking and I would like to see the evidence that the seawater is backfilling the cavern being left by the escaping oil. I really would. If I squeeze a shampoo bottle underwater it doesn't backfill until the contents have been largely exhausted resulting in a crushed shampoo bottle. There may be other factors that I am unclear on.

Consider the seismic event that was felt by every seismograph in the US at the same time. It was particularly strong in Florida and China of all places. Something happened at a very deep depth.

Then we have to look at this information and some of the research of Jack Reed a geophysicist with Texaco in New Orleans at the time.

elainemeinelsupkis.typepad.com...

We got another thread going around about the location of the actual gusher and if correct it comes dangerously close to Jack Reeds missing tectonic plate. Jack Reeds (theoretical) plate butts up against the New Madrid Fault line.

Then you have Gordon Michael Scallions future map of what he believed the US would one day look like. Yeah he's pretty far out there but just between you and me I'd rather not chance it.

www.futurerevealed.com...

If Reed was right there is already a danger that the sea floor may crater due to the gap left by the escaping oil and set that plate in motion.

None of this amounts to a conclusive body of evidence but I think we need to err on the side of caution here with this one and just keep going forward with this relief well.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

Interesting you should say that, Moose. Here's what I posted at another site about the matter (No choice?????):

THE DOWN-LOW ON THE OIL FLOW:

Thanks to Joe Danger at the DP for sharing this article:
One favorite way TPTB manipulate us is by arranging events so that the options narrow inexorably until we have “no choice” but to do the thing they wanted to do in the first place.

From the beginning of this Gulf disaster, the nuclear option has been kicking around in the background. It is now coming to the foreground, as predicted.

Why? Because the accident was allowed to happen due to insufficient oversight and corruption, if not being an act of terrorism / sabotage. Because after the accident happened the situation festered while our government refused to take control. Because inexplicably, viable solutions were not used to divert, capture and clean up the oil. Because our corporate media looked the other way for at least three weeks.

We have a disaster of biblical proportions. But let’s not lose sight that it could have been avoided or mitigated all along the way.

And now we hear from Matt Simmons that this whole BP operation has been a massive effort at the wrong leak. An epic, unforgivable mistake to compound the disaster of biblical proportions? Why not. Would that be enough to plunge everyone into despair?

Actually he said this on MSNBC (video). Which means it’s not a secret.

www.dailypaul.com...
————————————————————
Also another interesting DP article, thanks to SharpSteve:

EPA and Coast Guard approved Gulf Oil Solution Being Ignored (short video):

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't see why Americans haven't rioted as of yet, It seems like the country that is so willing for their citizens to keep their guns to protect their rights of freedom from an over-ruling government, invaders or in this case large organizations are just simply standing by doing nothing.

I believe that if this had occurred in Europe people will be on the street rioting, look at Greece reaction to tax increases.

Seems like as much as most people on this site would like to claim that Americans will protect their freedoms and country at all costs, it seems like most of the population simply don't care and at worse case don't know..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join