It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP admits: Top Kill not working

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ok, I am not a Scientist or anything. My idea to fix this sounds relatively simple (more or less), but you all tell me if it's impossible or just won't work.

Why not just divert this leak in the meantime? Make/assemble a pipe that would go from the leak site to a repository on the surface and have it collect there until we can figure this out.

We HAVE the resources and manpower to pull something like that off in no time.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by impaired]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Good question. You should post it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's a real engineer.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Part of me believes this was just a decoy for them to have extra time to make those "relief" wells. Only thing relieved will be their pockets IMO.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. They are gonna cut off the old bop and install a new one, it'll only take 3-4 days? Why the hell didn't they do this to begin with?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Is this the end of the world?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
BP is as ineffective and inept as the administration they conned into such a device. The Peace River water table is no exception.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I dont quite grasp the whole entire "why" of this situation, but i am willing to bet that this was done on purpose.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont quite grasp the whole entire "why" of this situation, but i am willing to bet that this was done on purpose.

Why? the BP guy that caused the problem from using the wrong liquid is dead..
Must be nice to cause a tragedy like this and not be around to enjoy it.

thankfully we have someone on ATS that knows what the heck happened.. AllIsOne posted the link above.

b

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
nvm

[edit on 29/5/2010 by loner007]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112

Will you people quit with these ridiculous and ignorant posts? This is a horrible tragedy and much damage will come from it. Sea life will be lost and the water will be polluted. But the Earth has endured billions of years of major events the likes of humanity couldn't even begin to imagine -- super volcanoes, mega quakes, meteor impacts -- and you have the ignorance to assume WE could cause the end of the world? Some of you think way too highly of yourselves.

What I do think might come of this is a national protest against oil which will affect the profits of big oil more than this leak will. That would be the best thing that could come of this.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by pjslug]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that I watched the LIVE Press Conference on CNN when they announced it didn't work. It is interesting to hear the lexicon and verbiage by BP COO Doug Suttles. While he NEVER admitted the attempt FAILED per se, he basically said it was given every opportunity to SUCCEED. See how he displaces the problem to "it" (the process / leak) and implies "it" missed the opportunity THEY had allowed "it" to succeed but "it" failed to do so.

More importantly he explained the stopping and restarting during Top Kill attempt allowed them to take Pressure samples of the flow (analyze data) and determined it was not effective. Shortly hereafter a reporter asked that since they had pressure data, would he assess the flow rate. He blatantly refused to do so. Nor offer a percentage of success for this new fix of the week "Top Hat" LMRP, Errrrrr I mean.....Sombrero.

IMO, he strives to come off as a "regular guy" but is one slick slime ball.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Good observation. Slime ball. Yep!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

Originally posted by nick112

Will you people quit with these ridiculous and ignorant posts? This is a horrible tragedy and much damage will come from it. Sea life will be lost and the water will be polluted. But the Earth has endured billions of years of major events the likes of humanity couldn't even begin to imagine -- super volcanoes, mega quakes, meteor impacts -- and you have the ignorance to assume WE could cause the end of the world? Some of you think way too highly of yourselves.

What I do think might come of this is a national protest against oil which will affect the profits of big oil more than this leak will. That would be the best thing that could come of this.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by pjslug]

I disagree.

This may not be the end all scenario some people think it is, but bit by bit we are destroying little pieces of the earth.

Maby not in our lifetime, but its going to catch up to us eventually.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

well they could cover up the whole gulf with landfill; new real estate to boot

its draconian but they might not have another option

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DGtempe, you read my mind.

Perhaps this is the false flag we have all been waiting for, but not as we expected. A natural false flag. If this is true, may God have mercy on those responsible, I know I sure would'nt pardon them.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Wow... they come out of this catastrophe with two new wells!

Bet their profits will soar.

Actually before the explosion BP stock was selling at 65.00 a share. At the end of fridays trading it was at 42.53 a share. Theyve lost untold billions in revenue. Which doesn't bother me at all since I live on the gulf coast and can see the devestation up close only 100 yards from my home. Red goo in clumps, dead fish, dead birds and all that nasty dispersent.

So they'll drill there two relief wells which will take a month or two, meanwhile untold amount of oil & natural gas pours into the once beautiful Gulf. And all they can do is point fingers...

Its just sad..

Hurricane season starts June 1st...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Hurricane season starts June 1st...

mmhmm

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Okay, I'm going to admit it.

I'm confused.

Yesterday articles said it was working, one went as far to say it worked.

Now this?

What's going on?
Is this "top kill" technique working or not?

- Lee

That's what you get for believing the MSM who didn't even have the balls to report the huge explosions going on.

As soon as the BOP went to hell and oil and mud started shooting up from beneath the BOP they knew it wasn't working. They waited almost 48 hours after the fact to report it.

And during that 48 hours the explosions just kept on going

http://(nolink)/2010/05/29/junk-shot-explosions-continue-bp-set-officially-announce-top-kill-fails/

There next plan... To let it leak until august. There are going to put a glorified siphon on it called an LMRP which will suck up "MOST" of the oil but still leave this thing leaking until august.

The government needs to step in and call the shots.

Even right now there are now new massive oil leaks on the seafloor and again the MSM is mum on the subject.

http://(nolink)/2010/05/30/breaking-news-video-massive-leak-gulf-oil-spill-seafloor/

This LMRP option isn't going to work either. BP chose top kill because it had the highest probability of success.

My guess... they are going to cut the top off the BOP and not be able to get the new siphon on the top.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think that they are going to cut the riser off and try to install a bop on top of the existing one.

I think they should at least try to crimp the riser with some kind of hydralic press type device. Imagine a soda straw in between 3 of your fingers the crimping device is your fingers and the riser is the straw in this example. I'm sure a device like this could be built in a few days tops. Hell the riser is already kinked that's the hardest part getting the initial bend.

I feel that is at least worth a try before they cut the riser off. Imagine a garden hose going full blast and you pick the hose up an put a kink in it, the water stops immediatly from a full flow to a trickle.

How certain are they that the relief wells will be 100 percent effective. What if they miss the hole there drilling for?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
A few days back, I saw the BP chief's statement on television. He said that the GoM oil spill is an "environment catastrophe". Previously, BP tried to underplay the scale of the disaster. Even the MSM tried to downplay this story by not giving the attention that this development deserved. However, unlike the financial terrorism perpetrated by the banksters or the trillion dollar bailouts that are passed by the politicians, this oil spill is happening in the public domain and is being witnessed by every individual through various mediums.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join