It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST CONFIRMED-RUSSIAN TROOPS ON U.S.SOIL

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Paratroopers eh?

Kinda weird that their sending 10 units of Paratroopers.

Are they planning on dropping them somewhere?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ahh, it's lovely to see that the ghost of McCarthy is alive and well in today's youth.

The resurgence of this whole "Russians are the enemy" logic in the past few years is quite confusing to me, I really must admit.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Good Lord. Everyone calm down. There are already many foreign military working and training on our soil for many years. US Military has joint exercises with foreign military all the time. This is nothing new. This is not a big deal!!

ABSOLUTELY!

Anyone who lives near or works at any of our major military bases knows this.

Physical terrain and conditions in certain parts of the US - - are similar to those in the mid-east. Military from around the world come to train.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Good point. However, this is not Beirut (yet
) And Russian soldiers wouldn't get off the boat and turn into suicidal car bombers, they would have much better written plans than that

Anyway, do you understand the sheer NUMBERS it would take for a ground force to invade America?? We would see it coming, the world would see it coming, I assure you. Then they would still suffer 50-60% casualties at least. Do you think Russian Generals are that stupid?

Believe what you wish, but there are many more plausible scenarios for us to worry about. How about OUR troops and police cracking down? That's what scares me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Russians would be ideal peacemakers. From the Russian/Georgian conflict you could see they used asynchronous means to put down the wayward Georgians . Putting rogue type Chechens out in the front line to shake down the opposition. This kind of tactic would have to be used against gun totin americans who would not abide by national decrees.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh God! Red Dawn! RED DAWN IS HAPPENING!

Woolllvvveeerrriiinnneeesss!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Why don't we ask the Russian's @ Prime Time Russia?
rt.com...

Yes and Illegal POUS Ocommie also had our US troops march in Russia's May Day Parade.
He does as he pleases!
Who is running the USSA government now?
Go to www.commieblaster.com

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You do realize that Russia's not at war with the US, right? Nato training...nothing to see here, stop the fear mongering!

Also, 10 units, omgomgomgomg, better stock up on M16s, they could take over the US...it's almost an invasion.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This really has surprised me... First I think it was HOAX, because this wont fit the big picture of mine, but then I thought - How can we know, after all?

Something what I thought about this is:

1. Russian forces are there to ensure US leaders that Russia wont take militarily part to coming ME battles, or Korean front. In that case US has given same type of guarantees to Russia.

2. UN has push some agreement, what is totally out of public knowledge.

3. Korean situation pushes to this for some reason.

4. USA is giving up its world police status - that means China and Russia has won their gamble with west and this is sign from change, or multiple polars taking control.

5. Agreement from New World Order is done and march order to new system is under construction.

.... Noh - I dont know - ths is breaking news but too early to even try to fit this to big picture.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Call me out of touch, but is there really many foreign troops that train on our soil? Never heard this before, can anyone refer me to articles that talk about this?

I do find it strange that non-NATO, Russian troops would get any training from us on our soil. I also find it interesting that Naplitano requested troops for civil unrest for this summer, if this is true. I can not believe we can have our own troops overseas caring for civil unrest, but can't take care of our own.
Disconcerting to say the least, this OP.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by kissmygrits

Russia has not joined NATO, but we do have many military exercises with Russia and many other countries. Many of the military technical training schools also have foreign military students in them, too.

This is nothing new and has been done since George Bush I (when the Iron Curtain fell).

Now if they build a base that belongs to them, I would want to look further into that.

Yep this has been going on for a long time, However that is the point they want to make this look normal so that people do not get alarmed. Here in Idaho we now have Fighter squadron Singapore with all thier jets and equipment stationed at the Mountain Home AF base for the next several years for supposed training.

it was billed as training and good relations etc. But we basically have a Chinese fighter squadron on American soil. Now of course Singapore is not supposed to be part of the ChiComs but I still don't see the need for them to be semi permanently stationed here with all thier jets and equipment etc just for some training. This has been going on all over the country for decades with troops from various nationss. It would be interesting to get a count of just how many foreign troops are actually on our soil.

It sure looks like we are being set up for an international take over and slowly boiled to accept all these foreign troops on our soil as normal and harmless.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you don't like it , what you need to do is go see your senator or congress person or whoever is your representative , and demand that in reciprocation , that US troops are also denied transit rights to pass through Russia on their bogus war on terror against Afghanistan . You obviously would not want US troops on Russian soil if they cannot step foot on yours . That would be hypocrisy , wouldn't it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
You do realize that Russia's not at war with the US, right? Nato training...nothing to see here, stop the fear mongering!

Also, 10 units, omgomgomgomg, better stock up on M16s, they could take over the US...it's almost an invasion.

Yeah stick your head in the sand nothing to see here move along the fact that this has been going on for decades across the country means nothing, why it's normal now and no one in our government and the world could possibly have any other motives but our best interest at heart... Sigh! So just go watch the game or Idol and crack open a beer there is never any danger in the world because we all live in the town of perfect...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
If you don't like it , what you need to do is go see your senator or congress person or whoever is your representative , and demand that in reciprocation , that US troops are also denied transit rights to pass through Russia on their bogus war on terror against Afghanistan . You obviously would not want US troops on Russian soil if they cannot step foot on yours . That would be hypocrisy , wouldn't it.

Yeah that will fix it because those crooks always listen to thier constituents and do what they want, like when 80% told them no bailouts and they did it anyway... Sigh! Aint democracy great...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Who cares? How many countries have US troops stationed there? Alot. Why can't the Russians be in the US?

What's good for the goose...

[edit on 5/28/10 by NotTooHappy]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Yeah stick your head in the sand nothing to see here move along the fact that this has been going on for decades across the country means nothing, why it's normal now and no one in our government and the world could possibly have any other motives but our best interest at heart... Sigh! So just go watch the game or Idol and crack open a beer there is never any danger in the world because we all live in the town of perfect...

Nobody is sticking their head in the sand - some people just don't jump to paranoid conclusions. The most likely explanation for this is training or joint exercises, etc. When these Russians start patrolling the streets or setting up checkpoints you might be onto something - until then it's almost certainly nothing sinister.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

4 combat brigades is kind've a big deal. Especially since they're Russians and supposedly "here".

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

This must be another first.

We have never had 3-4 Brigades of Russian here for training. Am I wrong?

I think we shut down Wikipedia - everyone trying to see how big a Russian Brigade is.

Lil help

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why don't Americans like the Russians , it is a throwback to mccarthyism..or they just don't like them , aka the english and french ?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
America conducts training excercises in Russia as well as many other parts of the world.

We also have many military bases all over the world.

How would you feel if Russia or Japan had a military base here ???

Typical ignorant elitist american mentality.

We can do whatever we want, start wars, take over country's. Yet people fret about what the big bad russians are going to do when they get here.

get your minds right people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join