It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pre abortion ultrasounds no changing statistics on abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't understand why people get worked up over abortion. I mean it's not your choice, it has nothing to do with you and it's also none of your business.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

thats the best you could come up with?

"whats done is done"?

lmfao. ill try that one next time im in court being held responsible for my own actions. ill let you know how it goes.

something tells me it wont fly...

::ps:: so you agree that its irresponsible? oh ok now were getting somewhere. considering that was the only angle i used to begin with...simple acknowledgment of irresponsibility for the sake of employment.

JUST LIKE DRUG OFFENDERS (its their body too...same arguement...yet they get barred from employment...)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Have you ever had unprotected sex? ever? do you know how easy it can happen?

Yes its irresponsible and yes its stupid.

But it is also irresponsible to bring an unwanted child into this world, like i said in another post.

I have never been in the position to consider having an abortion, i dont think i would but thats just me.

I believe it is each individual womans right to choose. I support the young girls who for one stupid mistake should not have to throw away their lives.

edit to add - why does me being Irish make any diference?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

thats the best you could come up with?

"whats done is done"?

lmfao. ill try that one next time im in court being held responsible for my own actions. ill let you know how it goes.

something tells me it wont fly...

what does you being in court have to do with it? if abortion is legal where the woman is then whats the problem?

shes not breaking any laws, and its HER choice.

::ps:: so you agree that its irresponsible? oh ok now were getting somewhere. considering that was the only angle i used to begin with...simple acknowledgment of irresponsibility for the sake of employment.

JUST LIKE DRUG OFFENDERS (its their body too...same arguement...yet they get barred from employment...)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by LurkerMan

Yeah but at the end of the day its done, the girl is pregnant, so whats better for that girl now? to raise a kid that she does not want? when she does not have the means to? when she would be throwing away her studies/career? when she does not have to.

Its HER choice, its HER life.

Yes its irresponsible to get pregnant when you are not planning it, but it is also irresponsible to bring an unwanted child into the world.

I rest my case.

Does not matter if its a child... if its alive. Whatever...as long is it does not screw up your selfish little world. Does not matter that its murder.

Yep as long as you dont have to 'throw away my carreer and studies' then it is fine.(dont worry if you can give it up for adoption)

Like i said before...this is pro-choicers mentality.

I think i have heard more empathy and morality from psychopaths then pro-choicers. It has become obvious to me....abortion is just the easy way out. You dont want to take responsibility for your actions....so you abort the baby. I understand now.

Im not LOSING faith in women...i have just lost all of it that i had.

Its a sad time when the safest place for a child to be is no longer safe.

The elite have won it seems.

Just because its legal does not make it right. If murder was legal im sure alot of people would be murdering...but would it make it right(oops murder is legal...in abortions).

Slavery was legal as well.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mistakes happen, but why should someone innocent have to pay for that mistake? Like, why should the child be forced to pay the price for the parents' mistake by being brutally destroyed? He or she never asked to be created, but he or she was...and had no say in the matter.

Nobody says mom has to stop her studies or put career sucess on hold. It doesn't have to be that way. But if the parents aren't able to care for a child, it doesn't mean that child's life has to be torn to shreds and taken away before ever having the chance to truly live, either. Who says they both can't have their chance to live, and really live life to the fullest? Why not take responsibility for the mistake, do the adult thing, and allow someone who does long for a child to care for and raise the child?

My heart truly goes out to those facing scary, medically complicated or dangerous prenatal diagnoses. And I hope they find an answer in treatment that will be the best care for both mom and baby.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Ariel]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
because i sat in a cell after useing the same arguement, wondering how in the world a woman can commit murder and use the same arguement, and skip away scott-free.

where in my case, i didnt even kill anybody. there was absolutely no injured party.

and be it that the legal system seems to be the "end-all-be-all" in right/wrong (you acknowledge this yourself)

i use court as an example of assigning responsibility to actions.

and your only argument is that it "isnt illegal".

well neither is possession of marijuana in california, yet its still on my record barring me from employment.

i just think its fair for woman to have to endure the same. given its the exact same argument.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Have you ever had unprotected sex? ever? do you know how easy it can happen?

Yes its irresponsible and yes its stupid.

But it is also irresponsible to bring an unwanted child into this world, like i said in another post.

I have never been in the position to consider having an abortion, i dont think i would but thats just me.

I believe it is each individual womans right to choose. I support the young girls who for one stupid mistake should not have to throw away their lives.

edit to add - why does me being Irish make any diference?

Like i said before...it never even cross's your mind that it is a BABY. A LIFE. THAT IT IS ALIVE.

You only focus on how it can benefit the women...forget the child who is being suctioned into little pieces. or being burned to death by saline solution.

Just as long is it benefits the mothers life.

That is SELFISHNESS.

P.S. it matters because ireland is notoriously pro-life. Almost every Irish i have had the pleasure to meet has been extremly pro-life. You have proven though that there is a small minority there that thinks differently.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Okay so you think its better to have every 15year old girl who gets pregnant to live with her mistake?

give me a break, honestly, 15 isnt even considered an adult, yet you want 15yrolds to become mothers.

what if it was your daughter?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Okay so you think its better to have every 15year old girl who gets pregnant to live with her mistake?

give me a break, honestly, 15 isnt even considered an adult, yet you want 15yrolds to become mothers.

how about not having sex at 15.

and yes she should 'live' with her mistake. there is adoption.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeroxor
I don't understand why people get worked up over abortion. I mean it's not your choice, it has nothing to do with you and it's also none of your business.

Injustices, especially those that involve the taking of innocent human life, tend to do that.

And, as a whole, humanity is becoming more globally aware and concerned. And we want to make this world a better place for us all. Why wouldn't we be concerned about the future of our people, including the next generation?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

i think we should focus on NOT GETTING THEM PREGNANT, rather than inventing damage control to ACCEPT IT AS NORMAL.

i dont have a daughter and if i did i would focus on what i just stated.

and yes, regardless of her age, if she CHOSE to have sex, then that choice should have to stick with her for the rest of her life. liek any other irresponsible act, its called the learning process. funny how people arent even capable of reproducing untill they are old enough to know right from wrong....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by joeroxor

That is the way I think sometimes, but then again in our nation people love to live other's peoples lives, but as soon the child is born everybody scatters like rats, then you get the same people condemning the single mothers for draining the welfare at the expenses of tax payers then you get inundated with propaganda when it comes to tabloids and celebrity sex scandals that are advertised, people feeds on this type of issues.

Abortion is private matter between the women and her doctor or provider and if a partner is around then he becomes part of it also, and should not be excluded. . .

[edit on 28-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by joeroxor

That is the way I think sometimes, but then again in our nation people love to live other's peoples lives, but as soon the child is born everybody scatters like rats, then you get the same people condemning the single mothers for draining the welfare at the expenses of tax payers then you get inundated with propaganda when it comes to tabloids and celebrity sex scandals that are advertised, people feeds on this type of issues.

Abortion is private matter between the women and her doctor or provider and if a partner is around then he becomes part of it also, and should not be excluded. . .

I dont scatter.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Do you consider the contraceptive pill to be an evil life stopping force then?

what about the 'morning after pill'? do you call this murder also? or do you have a certain timeframe when a baby is considered a baby?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You belong to a group that supports single mothers in your state or at national level, I am very interested on this.

All we got in the south where I am from is welfare.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Something interesting, under HCR some States under Medicare extension will not include certain anti conceptive as part of treatment.

Even my daughter that have private insurance the insurances prescription part of it doesn't cover birth control pills, those comes out of her pocket expenses.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Do you consider the contraceptive pill to be an evil life stopping force then?

what about the 'morning after pill'? do you call this murder also? or do you have a certain timeframe when a baby is considered a baby?

I consider a baby alive at conception. I dont like the morning after pill....because its basically a abortion......in a pill.

But i do support a contraceptive pill. In the united states you can get them free at a center...same as condoms.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sure, there are always people who aren't compassionate or generous enough to do the right thing (like provide the necessary supports without abandoning, like commend the mom for giving life, like adopting and providing a loving home). There are always people who simply aren't able to.

But there are also many who can, and do. I commend them all, those who give life, and those who support, and those who become adoptive parents.

I also commend the effort to encourage mothers to see their unborn children, to encourage life. Without life, we don't even have that chance to learn, grow, become educated and hopefully successful, and to contribute and help others.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
speaking as a kid who was raised by a single mother, i am 200% grateful that i was not aborted.

maybe i should add fathers who dont want to support their children to the same database

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join