It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Secret Forum and R.A.T.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I was just about to get access to the "Secret Forum" with 500 points but firstly I'd just like to ask if it's any good or much different from the normal forum? From people that have access to it that is.

Also what is R.A.T.S? I can't get access it just shows an error.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
RATS costs 5000 points to get access to it.
It is a place where you have less trolls because they don't have access to it and what you post in there is hidden from the search engines.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Oh I see, thanks. Is there anything good in there then? I.E. "insider knowledge" lol

Once you get 5000 point do you get indefinite access to R.A.T.S or just for a month?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I bought access to R.A.T.S just a few days ago and I've enjoyed reading through some of the threads in there and at the end of the day it was only 500 points that were spent gaining access so yes, IMO it's worth it.

I’ve read before though that some people have regretted spending points to gain access and in all honesty the threads in there are even slower than they are in BTS (on a slow day) but it’s your decision really but they have some good threads and are you really going to lose any sleep over 500 points?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

That's a good point, I will lose no sleep over it lol. I'll be away for a week but I think I'll have to get access to it next week. So R.A.T.S and the "secret forum" are one?

link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

It is 5000 for the first month and then 250 I think to renew it each month.

link   
here is a list of the current topics over there:

The Confessions Thread

My Thanks to the Military Men and Women

Meditation Masters and Ascended Minds Only

Need help identifying this structure

Collaborative Chat Projects Anyone?

This thread may offend some!

if any of that interests you than join,. but there is only a new thread like every month or so. .. it's kinda slow.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
RATS costs 5000 points to get access to it.

R.A.T.S for me cost only 500 points...Not 5000

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

You have access for a month. After that it is 250 points to keep access. You only pay the 5000 once.

As far as content, it has some interesting stuff there. You'll just have to spend the points to find out.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Its a conspiracy I tell ya...a conspiracy!!!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Luckily it's only 500 points for me also

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Its a conspiracy I tell ya...a conspiracy!!!!

Conspiracy Ehhhhhhhh??.....Tin Foil Hat At the Ready!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdfe49dcc9fa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
im gonna tell you a secret.

it's a one off fee.

you dont really have to pay monthly.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I've got the points to spare, but can't seem to find the board or access?

Is this some kind of intelligence test?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

To gain access to R.A.T.S forum, go to the member tools at the top of the page and click on ATS Store.
I believe it's the 4th option down but it should be obvious where to gain access.

If you can't find the forum then here it is...Link to R.A.T.S forum (REMEMBER This link WILL NOT work for those without access!) for future reference it's on the main board to the far right just above the Skunk Works Forum.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Ive posted a similiar thread to this............but i had to part with 5000 points

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Post a topic in the R.A.T.S section if you only want it to be seen by ATS's most discerning eyes.

IMO the quality of Thread you'll find there is of a higher standard than most.

Remain Vigilant

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It was only 500 for me, too. Not 5000.

I don't miss the points at all, but I don't think RATS is all that special.

It's just a forum that you can post any topic in.
I have read some of the threads, but a lot in the RATS forum seem to think they are a bit "special" or "better". As if using 500 points makes a person superior. LOL.

[edit on 28/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

It is still listed at 5000, but I think it was reduced to a 500 point cost after the mini DISC meeting on the first drug topics forum. Not sure about the 250 per month access as that may have been changed as well to zero or may be zero for those that bought in at the 5000 point fee. I really never pay attention to my points since they were removed from the mini-profiles in threads.

Rather than the tired old jokes about what RATS is and is not, I'll be straight up for a change. RATS is a part of ATS where bots from search engines do not have access. Topics can range from interesting to mundane. Some people use RATS to gain some feedback on a topic before posting to the main forums, however most do not.

Some see RATS as a private forum for more serious discussion of topics that can be discussed without distractions and cat calls of "pics or it didn't happen" that can occur on the main forums.

Like all places and things on ATS, it is what the participants make of it. Just with RATS, not only do you need to be a member to view or participate, you have a point cost associated with the forum. And RATS is not the only "secret forum" on ATS. Some places can only be viewed and accessed by moderators, for example.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I paid for it once and never had to do it again.

I love RATS, anytime you wanna make a more sensitive thread you do so in RATS and things usually go much smoother.

Although as one mentioned, it's quite slow.

Certainly worth the points.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join