It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A US nuclear submarine crosses into Strait of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

A US nuclear submarine crosses into Strait of Hormuz

www.debka.com

Tehran reports that an Iranian naval patrol Thursday, May 27, detected a US nuclear submarine sailing through the strategic Strait of Hormuz, through which most of the oil produced by Persian Gulf states passes on its way to world markets. debkafile's Iranian sources report Tehran has placed its navy and army on high alert.
Western intelligence and naval sources confirm that a nuclear-armed American submarine has in fact entered the Persian Gulf.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well-not sure what else to say. This is just yet another report of things that are going on in the middle east. With the US now approving and conducting overflights of Iran, to the additional aircraft carrier heading there right now, to Israel training with Greece again next week to simulate the journey to Iran to now this report, things continue to get hotter.

www.debka.com

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
And it's not just Debka BS... it was reported on Presstv too...

Iran Navy detects US nuke sub in PG

Let's hope it's just intimidation.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This and the North Korean situation makes for some nervous times ahead.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Interesting times we live in...

Or end of times.

Humanity with it's war toys... *sadFace*

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Well-not sure what else to say. This is just yet another report of things that are going on in the middle east. With the US now approving and conducting overflights of Iran, to the additional aircraft carrier heading there right now, to Israel training with Greece again next week to simulate the journey to Iran to now this report, things continue to get hotter.

www.debka.com

Ohh Gosh Greece.. WTF

I guess they are training Greece to keep Turkey busy..

We all know the beef

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Im thinking the two may be related in some way. Kind of like "okay Russia and China, we've got things in play and something is gonna go down. You want it to be North Korea or Iran? Take your pick. One of them will get left alone but one of them wont. Which one you want it to be?"

Russia says attack NK!! China says no way not on our doorstep-attack Iran (we'll get the oil regardless)!! Hmmmm........

Originally posted by jonny2410
This and the North Korean situation makes for some nervous times ahead.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

How exactly did they 'detect' the US nuclear submarine? I can't believe the US would be as stupid to surface Unless they wanted to be detected?? So what's the deal?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

How exactly did they 'detect' the US nuclear submarine? I can't believe the US would be as stupid to surface Unless they wanted to be detected?? So what's the deal?

Yes i suspect the US surely wanted it to be detected. If the worlds most advanced military cannot hide a submarine from a patrol boat then we have problems... Its a message to Iran basically.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is not new-they have already trained with Greece back in 2007. Israel flew 100 planes there to simulate the distance needed to fly to Iran (and to practice mid-air refueling) and they also got to practice attacking against Greece's S-300 defense system. Im sure Turkey isnt pleased though!!!

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Originally posted by princeofpeace

www.debka.com

Ohh Gosh Greece.. WTF

I guess they are training Greece to keep Turkey busy..

We all know the beef

[edit on 27-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Kind of like how the US announced last week that it owuld begin reconnasence flights over Iran again? I mean they didnt have to announce it...you just do it. A LOT of wehats going on is to show Iran that things are being put into motion.....

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

the straight is less the 50m deep in some areas. not hard to detect a missle sub in such shallow waters.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

exactly what I thought. we just opened our jacket to show what's tucked in the belt. Do people really think the military is that lame? Here's an off topic but related to the answer..the air force lost the unmanned orbiter?>um no

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Interesting times we live in...

Or end of times.

Humanity with it's war toys... *sadFace*

I think i speak for the rest of humanity when i say this....we love war!

I also speak for the rest of humanity when i say this! DOWN WITH NEW AGE TRIPE!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Straight of Hormuz is actually really shallow. It works great for shipping, but subs cannot submerge there, or they will most likely crash. I think the actual depth is 70-100 meters, I highly doubt that is enough to effectively hide a sub, especially with the limited shipping lanes and what not.

Here is a really good site for you to check out more info -

hormuz.robertstrausscenter.org...

Druidae

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

there's the real answer. thanks for the info dru

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There is a device called sonar that can detect objects at any depth.
This sub doesn't have to be surfaced to be found. It is a great technology
that has been around for eons. And if they are in international waters,
the US or whoever can go anywhere they please.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well said endtimer.

I wish people would stop believing all the US propaganda regarding having the greatest this, the greatest that, it really makes the US people delusional in general.

As a result it is common place to hear Americans think that everyone apart from them live in the stone age.

Iran will not be a push over if this comes to blows and North Korea is a completely different challenge alltogether.

Iraq was a military exercise in comparison.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
I think i speak for the rest of humanity when i say this....we love war!

Sure, until it's you who is tortured, starved or watching your family butchered before you. Tell me then how much you "Love" war.

I guess it's fine when it's other people because it's not you right... not yet.

Originally posted by tauempire
I also speak for the rest of humanity when i say this! DOWN WITH NEW AGE TRIPE!!

Sorry, I am old age... ancient really. Nothing new here.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus

the straight is less the 50m deep in some areas. not hard to detect a missle sub in such shallow waters.

I would be surprised if it was a missile sub (boomer). There would be no need for a boomer to be so close, they are way to valuable to risk and probably too big to safely operate in the strait.

If there was a US sub in the strait I would guess it was a Los Angeles class attack sub. One of those babies could really cause problems for other forces in the area. Even so, the shallow water would make it much more vulnerable so it might be like others have said - just a quick show of force.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join