It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! !Cover up ..It is a LEAKof a larger magnitude according to experts!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Obviously a major malfunction, this problem is gigantic in magnitude.
It was bound to occur sometime. Considering the timing it can almost be deemed appropriate. Only surpassed by the trajady of mans blunders.

It seems mankind has dominion over the Earth.

What good is that if he has no dominion over his own stupidity?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
OK not a expert here but isnt it possible to lower a pipe from a ship and suck the oil up from the plume?
I mean its not that hard to mis right?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Two equals sabotage. This just doesn't happen. By getting Obama to halt domestic oil production america becomes a weaker nation. I suspect they are covering something on the BP leak as well.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by IamBoon

Two equals sabotage. This just doesn't happen. By getting Obama to halt domestic oil production america becomes a weaker nation. I suspect they are covering something on the BP leak as well.

Dude.

You should go back and read.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

When they said 3300 feet deep they were not talking about the size of the plume, they were talking about its depth from the surface of the Gulf..

Other plumes have been measured at around 300 feet thick.. recalculate that with the length and width and you come up with some reasonable number.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The oil spill I am watching is leaking from like about 5 places, real, real bad. It looks like it is coming out of some big steel underground door. I don't know. It's bad though....Those bastards probably haven't stopped anything. It is probably the same leak and they are just saying it is a different one to cover their a$$es...lol.

http://(nolink)/2010/05/20/live-video-feed-webcam-gulf-oil-spill/

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

It is NOT a new leak. It is a plume -- a cloud of oil globlets -- 6 miles wide 22 miles long extending 1000 meters in depth. Heading towards Mobie Bay. This is oil from the Horizon well head.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Undergrond door you say? Hmm, in John's Revelations there is spoken about the beast (satan?) that is released from his cage in the end of times, or something like that. Have we, as mankind, unleashed (symbolic) doom over ourselves because of greed and not caring about nature and earth it self? We all know that if this won't stop soon, the oceans won't be the same again.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's from the same Gulf Gusher we've all been seeing. How is this news? One member has been showing satellite images of it in multiple threads.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

I wish I could give you more stars.

It has been said for the past few years that the American people will be attacked by way of wars, the economy, our freedoms, and the environment. All of this has just come true within the last couple of years.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
I believe this is the concern:

Without the dispersant the oil floats to the top of the water and sits, where it can be picked up, of course it also makes it more visible how much oil has leaked, spewed (or whatever term you want to use for this even).

The dispersant they are using breaks the oil down into tiny droplets, prevents it from floating to the surface where it now can be more easily ingested and/or absorbed by the things living in the water.

Not to mention the concern of what chemicals comprise the dispersant.

Yes - Good point - Just what is in that dispersant?

Corexit - Material Safety Data Sheet
lmrk.org...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

It seems mankind has dominion over the Earth.

What good is that if he has no dominion over his own stupidity?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by randyvs]

Excellent turn of phrase randyvs, you know I was just going to add how terrible and monstrous BP are and how Obama is doing nothing but talking a good game but at the same time being "Brokeback" for BP but these two lines have just opened my mind to how crazy mankind is and how cool earth is. Kudos to you randyvs, mankind is stupid and has no dominion over it....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by theregonnakillme

When they said 3300 feet deep they were not talking about the size of the plume, they were talking about its depth from the surface of the Gulf..

Other plumes have been measured at around 300 feet thick.. recalculate that with the length and width and you come up with some reasonable number.

Read it again. It starts just beneath the surface and extends 3,300 feet.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
Welcome to United States of America. The world's biggest war crimes gone scot-free. The world's biggest financial mess and frauds under Federal Reserve. The world's record-breaking pollutants on land, air and sea.

Well done United States

... You do know that BP is a BRITISH company don't you?....

Second line...

And btw, China has surpassed the U.S. as a pollutant for some years now... and there are other countries on that same track such as India, and Russia... These countries and others have emphatically stated that they will never accept any emission caps...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes yes we all know by now that the dispercents were ment to keep the gusher out of the public eye. We need constant reminders to keep or intrest alive. Out of sight out of mind.

what was I saying?

pass me the flouride water.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Not sure about that yet...there was a geologist on NPR today at 1pm Pacific who was explaining that the seabed of the Gulf is entirely sheet shale...one good rupture and shale breaks much like glass...you know shattering fissures?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm from Mobile,AL. and the local news buried this on the second half of the news tonight !

Same story on this local news site...

wkrg.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Weird thing is And I have it recorded. When the reporter was interviewing Jesse Jackson she says and I quote," Breaking News just in as scientists report a new leak from the Gulf of Mexico 22 miles off the coast near Mobile, AL. There is not a lot on information on this at this moment but the report that was handed to me says it may be larger than the first. I wonder how this has happened. " Then she bid the Rev. bye and commercials ensued. Nothing after.

I am sorry for the confusion but as you see I had reason for it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JTK69

Im also from Mobile and I havnt heard anything on it. This is turning into a generational problem. I had a science professor tell me today that it will turn into redtide and become very very dangerous.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Op, you really need to educate yourself before you make sensationalist posts (though it happens far too often on these boards).
A plume is not a leak, and while not a good thing by any means it is not near the magnitude of the leak itself.
The plumes are a lovely by product of the dispersents used by BP to break up the oil (or more so to hide the oil under the surface so it "won't look as bad".
This one is huge and nasty too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join