It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret military craft mistaken as UFO's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

I see where you are comming from, but the difference is that A) I reckon that if a native american indian had seen a UFO he would have less trouble with the concept of what was on board, than would any of his European counterparts at the time because of religious and cultural symbolsim of the native faith.
B) I honestly believe that given enough time something as relatively earthy as a wooden vessel on water would have given the game away at some point, even if it was comparitively mountainous in comparison with the canoes that were common on the American continent.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Most UFOs will be military equipment or natural phenomena.

The interesting ones are when they move with unnatural speed and changes of direction. And, of course, the ones filmed by NASA in space!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
well its possible some of the witnesses saw a experimental craft and say - UFO

here are some weird crafts MADE IN EARTH

img.xcitefun.net...

img.xcitefun.net...

img.xcitefun.net...

future-weapons.org...

but

these are airplanes and they can only explain 1% of UFO sightings...what about 99%?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ivantrajkovic01

Great examples of weird looking craft. There are some pretty weird looking UAV kicking around the machine shops and battlespaces of the world as well these days .
Thing is right here, right now, in the 21st centuary , and in places where media access is instant and easy , there really arent that many folks who would be forgive for mistaking any of that for anything other than really weird looking planes!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rickyboy999

Is it at all possible that these sightings are top secret govt technology?

Yes and no.

I.E.- I think a B-2 Bomber could be mistaken for ET if the observer had lived a pretty sheltered life.

Honestly, I think many sightings could be misidentifications of a number of things.

But does the gov't have technology on par with the object from the 1976 Tehran UFO? No. I firmly believe that object had a minimal of thousands of years on us. The simple fact is this:

If these outrageous sightings had began in 1980 or 1990, then it would certainly follow logically that they might be ours. However, a brief overview of UFOlogy shows that people have been seeing these things for a very very long time.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I hear ya, I was just giving an example of people not understanding what they are seeing, the Native American comparison was far out there along with that documentary I watched. And I wanted to vent alil since my thread is about to be buried in the back pages of the ATS vault without anyone looking at it.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
anyone can mistake a known terrestrial aircraft for something else, angles, weather, time of day, visibility, position of the sun, all are factors.

In some cases though, like mine, what could not be mistaken was, the pilot.

Military aircraft, secret or otherwise, are in most cases(With the exception of perhaps airshows), piloted deliberately, carefully and with intent. ie, its going somewhere, and its clearly being flown for a purpose.

However in some cases, the craft we witness look like they are being driven by Monkeys smoking crack after a long day of drinking whiskey. Sitting in the same area for 30 minutes doing loops, 90 degree turns(with no deceleration) and sometimes like in my case, near misses with other unknown craft. Military pilots know they have a responsibility to their crew, their mission and to those on the ground. A miscalculation can jeopardize all three, which is unacceptable to a pilot and certainly to his commander.

The way in which the UFO's I have seen were piloted, are for want of a better word, Alien to me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaderel

Excellent post! Maybe the aliens have female pilots as well

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
People are amazed and puzzled by planets and stars and frequently report them as UFOs. The same goes for the landing lights of aircraft. We quite often receive reports of UFOs which turn out to be these very mundane phenomena.

So it hardly has to be exotic high tech aircraft to be a UFO.

And contrary to all the people who believe that the US government is flying experimental aircraft with anti-gravity propulsion, there is really no evidence I have seen to suggest that we have any technology more advanced than normal jet and rocket propulsion.

If we did have it, I'm sure we would be using it in warfare someplace by now. Look at the drones, they all use propellors or jet engines.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Is it at all possible that these sightings are top secret govt technology? After all the Stealth plane was mistaken for ufo's for years..... And if they were would they fly them over populated areas or just places like the dessert ie Area 51 etc??

While some sightings are no doubt sightings of such craft, that still doesn't mean all are. For example, some sightings describe maneuvers we STILL can't do, even with the most advanced known craft, so a 40 year old sighting of such a craft, means it probably wasn't ours....

Many of the sightings exist before the majority of our more secretive crafts' appearances, such as the late 40's and in the 50's, etc.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rickyboy999
Is it at all possible that these sightings are top secret govt technology? After all the Stealth plane was mistaken for ufo's for years..... And if they were would they fly them over populated areas or just places like the dessert ie Area 51 etc??

It is not just possible, it is fact.

I heard this statement on the record, in person, from a CIA historian (as in somebody who worked for the agency). Certain reports were now declassified with the passage of time.

Long-range aircraft, especially reconaissance planes, fly too fast and too far to be constrained to strictly government airspace. They are not always test aircraft, they can be operational. When operational, logistics, time and mission objectives may constrain the feasible flight plans.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join