It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Debacle, hmmmmm, Global Warming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Just a little thingy I want to ask the ATS members.

If we cannot stop a debacle like the Gulf Oil leak, what makes you think we can do anything about the "supposed" Man Made Global Warming by mandating paying for CO2 usage?

Has anyone checked the stats? Last I heard, if we reduced the World's CO2 output by 80% we would not even make a dent in Global Warming.

So, if we cannot stop the Gulf Oil leak, how do you actually think we are going to be able to modify the weather of the entire globe?

Especially when the very scientists state that the reductions will actually do NOTHING.

The follow up question should be-what reason then is behind the scam?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
first thought,
kali yuga

other thoughts include the usual suspects of the Bilderbergs, PNAC, etc etc and some so secret i cannot mention

if we take a black & white approach to an international scam, we would see people who stand up (FISHERMAN IN LA) and those who orchestrated those standing(BP,ETC), and yes all the people sitting on their laurels hoping lazily that things might get better (I AM PROBABLY MORE CLOSE TO THIS ONE).
that is a delineation in black & white with a ton of greys... now if we consider the fisherman as good than what is BP. do they think about their kids when they decide to perform -otomy surgery on the planet? if the answer is no, than as a father they ARE DEMONS evil child abusing pigs(PERIOD)

Thats my 2 centimos.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

So, if we cannot stop the Gulf Oil leak, how do you actually think we are going to be able to modify the weather of the entire globe?

The answer, of course, is that we CAN'T. Of course, the far left believe that they can do anything just by legislating it. In addition, they feel they can make lots of money off the global warming scam. Just look at Al Gore's net worth AFTER he left office.

The real crime is that there are many scientists who actually think we are heading to an Ice Age. Even if the AGW clowns were able to have an effect, they would be pushing us to an ice age even quicker. I don't know about you, but I'd take GW before an Ice Age any day.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yeah. This year Al Gore got his wish...

Massive cold. GW has been so bad surely that cold was how it's 'supposed to be'.

Around the Tampa area here there were reports of hundreds of dead manatees. I didn't see them, but I did drive over some bridges both rivers and the Bay and saw and smelled the massive amount of 'fish kill' from the cold.

The governor declared every county in the state a disaster area. Interstates like I4 had to be shut down from the sink holes causes by the farmers trying to save the strawberries and citrus. I actually sat in traffic and saw the huge divot in the highway that took up 2 lanes from 10' away.

Al Gore got his wish, but sure enough he griped and complained about it being caused by global warming. Of course, because if everything got colder then he cant make as much $$$. the frigid bstard

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ha ha, so true. Turns out money solves everything. Well, at least for the people trying to take yours. Their are so many power grabs with 'global warming' and 'climate change' it is just a joke now. Those who still think we need a global geovernment, cap and trade, etc. and that it will solve a nonexistent (IMO) problem are willfully ignorant, or delusional.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the comments.

I think the AGW scam will be instituted. I think the whole thing will cause more problems than it solves. Look at a couple of the existing systems running in Europe. Rife with corruption and having no real effect except just another scheme to remove peoples labor from them.

I think this is only going to escalate the tensions in differing countries. The wool is getting pretty thin IMO. It just is not covering the eyes any longer.

Unless there is box in that vast warehouse (referring to the one from the Indiana Jones movie) with a true safe energy source or that the abiogenic theory is true, we are in a world of hurt. The system either has to crash or the control parameters to be instituted are going to be like the entire world is a prison.

We shall see, interesting times folks.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I keep telling everyone, the global warming propaganda will not die, even though most people don't buy it anymore. I remember reading that already Europol investigated cap and trade in Europe and it turns out 90% of trades were fraudulent!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I don't know where you're getting these "stats" from but I suspect it's probably another classic case of some denier blog trying to fudge the facts to fit their agenda.

An 80% reduction in CO2 emissions would certainly have a significant impact on MMGW.

The problem is though - the entire MMGW issue (especially at this point) is all about damage control. So yes, even if we reduced our emissions to zero tomorrow - there would still be inevitable further warming thanks to delayed climatic responses and feedbacks and what not.

But the point is it's not a question of how much of a dent we make in global warming - it's a question of how big of a dent we allow it to make on us (and everything in between).

And it's funny because all I ever see around here are claims that these "alarmist" scientists are overstating the problem and hence lying to skew their data in line with the supposed green agenda.

But if you stop reading all the bullsh** denier propaganda for 5 minutes and start reading the actual science you'll see that in fact the only controversy in the climate community is that the IPCC are actually being too conservative with their projections.

You'll see hints of this pop up on ATS every now and then, like for example posts on surprise methane feedbacks being worse than we expected. Heck sometimes even the denial industry themselves - since they're so desperate to smear climate science any way they can - try to jump on the band wagon. Look at the way they reference "sealevelgate" as another supposed scandal. That was based on IPCC underestimates by the way.

But as for this:

Because we're already modifying the weather of the entire globe. The whole point of anti-MMGW measures is to STOP doing that.

But there are people in this world who don't want it to stop because they're making a disgusting amount of money off everything the way it is now.

These are the same people who are responsible for the oil leak and the pathetic half-assed attempts to stop it so far. These are the same people who fund all the BS climate propaganda that one second claims there is no problem at all and then the next claims the problem's just too big to bother fixing anyway.

These are the same people who are absolutely thrilled to keep you convinced that Global Warming has nothing to do with social awareness, with sustainability, with the personal FREEDOM to one day take yourself OFF OF THEIR GRID - no it's all just Al Gore's big elaborate scheme to steal your money. Meanwhile these are the same people already stealing your money every freaking day.

I mean - I'm not the biggest fan of cap & trade myself, but in the way you guys constantly bring it up as "taxing the air we breathe" - it seems none of you even have the slightest clue what it's supposed to do or how it even works. You're just clearly regurgitating all the political rhetoric like a bunch of sheep.

And even if it all was a scam at worst it would be nothing but a power grab from one corrupt system to another.

But the incumbent corrupt system is all about exploiting the planet's limited resources with reckless abandon, attacking their own people and then using it as an excuse to start fake wars in other countries to control those limited resources, and so on.

At least the second corrupt system is predicated under a shift of our entire economy that eventually allows us to personally escape that corrupt system.

And that's exactly why the first is working so hard to convince you it's all a big scam that's not going to work anyway blah blah blah. Because their only agenda is to maintain the status quo because it's working out great for them.

Meanwhile here's how it's working out for us:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/265a9e677b84.jpg[/atsimg]

So I don't know how much more ridiculously obvious it can all be. And yet you guys just keep buying into their propaganda hook, line and sinker - and then laughing at all the supposed "brainwashed" lefties.

So...

The follow up question should be-what reason then is behind the scam?

Exactly.

Maybe it's time you stop laughing so hard and start investigating the whole story a little more objectively - then ask yourself that question again.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

In your opinion, how would your 'new' system of worldwide control of everything that uses energy, have prevented and/or stopped the oil spill? Because rich institutions would have more power and money?
You seem to be okay with a global government based on lies that would be even worse than the current system. What is your logic? By the way, it was warmer in medeival times than it is now...
Also, look at those pushing this global warming rhetoric. They are flying lear jets and driving suburbans all the way to the bank, usually on your dollar.

Also, about this "BS denier propaganda"
... Looks like it was you who bought the rhetoric, hook, line, and sinker. Seriously, do you think that elites bringing in a global system of control on everything you do will allow you to just opt out? Really? Somebody has been played for a fool. (You'll probably quote that and try and turn it around, right?)

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

In your opinion, how would your 'new' system of worldwide control of everything that uses energy, have prevented and/or stopped the oil spill?

Errr...How about because the 'new' system is designed to get us completely off oil? Not much chance of a spill if we're not drilling or transporting it anymore is there? You clearly don't even understand how the game works if you have to seriously ask this question.

You seem to be okay with a global government based on lies that would be even worse than the current system.

What global government? Please show me this magical Orwellian Fascist nightmare you have all figured out.

Obviously because this problem affects the entire planet it's going to require mutual cooperation, commitment and regulation across the board. But just because some guy talks about "global governance" when referring to a GLOBAL problem like GLOBAL warming doesn't mean it's all some clever ruse to fulfill everybody's wacko tinfoil fantasies about the NWO. If there's a global government in place - then why was Copenhagen such a dismal failure?

Seriously - instead of just parrotting all the usual cliches put out there by Alex Jones or Fox News, how about trying something radical like using your own brain and independent thinking for a change.

Ask yourself - why would the elitists need this big overt government when conducting their sinister business behind the current subversive, underhanded cloud they have in place is just working out just fine for them?

Why would they want to insert a giant target on their backs?

I mean their current system works so well that apparently even the supposed "enlightened" conspiracy theorists don't even see it. So why would they want to change that? You think there's any real difference in them controlling your life through big government instead of big business? At least big business let's them hide behind this convenient veneer of "free market capitalism" that makes all the brainwashed sheep falsely believe they are not slaves to their agenda already.

By the way, it was warmer in medeival times than it is now...

By the way - no it wasn't:

How does the Medieval Warm Period compare to current global temperatures?

The medieval warm period is just another one of those cherry picked pieces of BS denier propaganda that guess what - you fell for hook line and sinker. You want to get into these phantom claims we could be here all night, because I've heard every one of them 4387628962 times by now and I even did something crazy called researching them myself. It works a lot better than just believing them off hand because all the other brainwashed sheep on the internet repeat them as if they're true.

Seriously, do you think that elites bringing in a global system of control on everything you do will allow you to just opt out? Really? Somebody has been played for a fool.

If you honestly can't see how everything is already controlled by "the elites" then yeah continue living your life with your head up your own *** and
away at how brainwashed everyone else is who dares challenge the status quo.

That's what the global warming issue is really about - and anyone who can manage to get past all the "Al Gore waaah waah" propaganda and actually think for themselves sees this plain as day. But I guess in your world that's called being played for a fool huh?

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
Errr...How about because the 'new' system is designed to get us completely off oil? Not much chance of a spill if we're not drilling or transporting it anymore is there? You clearly don't even understand how the game works if you have to seriously ask this question.

Care to explain what energy source is able to do this?

And then what about all of the plastics, solvents and other compounds we get from oil? If you want to build high quality, long lasting stuff you need all of this. How do you intend to replace all of that, or do you intend to just waste all of the high energy fuel you get from the process?

What global government? Please show me this magical Orwellian Fascist nightmare you have all figured out.

Sure:
The Orwellian Fascist Global Government:
World Rulers Calling for Global NWO: 2009 In Review, and more.

The Zeitgeist PURE COMMUNISM global government:
Zeitgeist Movement = most hardcore NWO propaganda ever.
The Zeitgeist Movement is *Pure Communism*

I've linked you those before... still waiting for your response on any of that...

Obviously because this problem affects the entire planet it's going to require mutual cooperation, commitment and regulation across the board. But just because some guy talks about "global governance" when referring to a GLOBAL problem like GLOBAL warming doesn't mean it's all some clever ruse to fulfill everybody's wacko tinfoil fantasies about the NWO.

The thing is, trying to stop something like global warming isn't really possible without it being global. How else are you going to ensure everyone participates? What, sanction them? Look at what sanctions have done historically. If you're going to sanction you had better be damned sure the means justify the ends, which factually they don't. Especially considering that the proposals to solve the 'crisis' amount to global sanctions against everyone on earth (except the elitists).

Ask yourself - why would the elitists need this big overt government when conducting their sinister business behind the current subversive, underhanded cloud they have in place is just working out just fine for them?

Problem solved:
The Global Meltdown is really about keeping you from becoming a "GOD".
"We'll become gods..if you don't like it we'll have warfare"

It, as well as a good majority of other massive developments and 'tides', are about the elites reaching for indefinite lifespans via radical life extension, and from keeping the masses from ever being able to afford it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Global warming is no more.

The volcano in Iceland has taken care of that.

Global warming was not from CO2 levels.

It was caused by the lack of major volcanic eruptions in the last 100 years.

if Katla in Iceland goes off we will be worrying about a new ice age.

new topics

top topics

join