It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just found a whole bunch of white vehicles sitting around - "Car Show"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Found it without the coordinates.

If you look to the northeast there are huge docks. This could very well be a closed down air base that has been converted into a private shipyard.

Back a few years when the federal government decided that they were going to expand empire they needed to shutdown most of the bases in the US.

This very well could be one of the hundreds of military bases shutdown.

You know, why would we need bases in the US? Our military is not for the protection of the US, it is for the protection of the interests of the government, not it's people.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
A question if i may.....where does it say these are UN vehicles?

I may be wrong, but every UN vehicle i've ever used in the passed was marked with the letters "UN" side and top at least.

If it wasn't for the fact that this was in a base, this could have been any vehicle factory carpark, but it is interesting seeing that it's where it is.

CX.

Just a thought here. If the UN vehicles are here for the "nefarious" reasons that the "conspiracy therorists" suspect - would "you" print UN in big black bold letters on top to eliminate all doubt?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
OK, the docks used to be a Naval Base in WWII. Then they stored ships here for many years there. It was known around here as the Moth Ball Fleet. They finally gave the docs to the DEA to store seized yachts and boats. So, the cars stored could be for law enforcement, or the Navy, or just about anything. I will see if I can find out something in the next day or so and report back.

[edit on 26/5/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

S&F for you WWJFKD for a very good narration & video. I watched it, I hope others will too... I wonder why they are all there?? Another mystery.....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
OK, the docks used to be a Naval Base in WWII. Then they stored ships here for many years there. It was known around here as the Moth Ball Fleet. They finally gave the docs to the DEA to store seized yachts and boats. So, the cars stored could be for law enforcement, or the Navy, or just about anything. I will see if I can find out something in the next day or so and report back.

Excellent - that would be most appreciated

[edit on 26-5-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wow.

Just went and doubled checked to see if this was real, and it is.

Cut and paste this on google maps to see it.

29.97213,-81.660047

That is a lot of trucks.

Who lives close enough to get me a picture from a cellphone?

But seriously...weird.

Star and flag, and strange spooky music.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by WWJFKD

S&F for you WWJFKD for a very good narration & video. I watched it, I hope others will too... I wonder why they are all there?? Another mystery.....

Credit goes to this fella photohelix on YouTube. As I said - I just "found it".

CX

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Fair one i guess, but it still leaves the question "How does the OP know these are UN vehicles?".

CX.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No Worries. I think they use it for a port that barges that run on the river use. Jacksonville is a major port on the Atlantic Ocean. There are several imported autos that come into Jax. (short for Jacksonville) and some are loaded on barges and brought down the river, which goes way down south. This river flows North. There are some big dealerships in Green Cove Springs, but none that need that many vehicles. But it could be leased for storage. If you look at JaxPort, there are huge storage of cars off the ships. Just follow the river North and you will get to JaxPort near the ocean. I will try to grab a screen shot of vehicles at the port in a minute and post them. You will see they look similar. Also, some companies have sub-contractors that install AC in the vehicles. I knew someone that did it at the port. They may be doing customizations here now, but I will see what I can find for sure.

Edit to add: Nissan, Toyota, etc are at Jax Port

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Like someone said before, who knows when this photo was snapped, the vehicles might not even be there now. I think if there was anything sketchy going on this shot of the air strip would be blacked out. Maybe these are the google vans driving around that I read about?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yeah...I can't say they are UN trucks, and I wouldn't go saying that is exactly what they are.

But there is a lot of "whatever" they are.

I clicked the "street view" to see closer, but the closest street was on the other side of the trains.

But, from there you can zoom towards the vehicles enough to see that they are really there. But you can not make out any details.

But, from that public street you can clearly see all of these cars.

Crappy place to hide a bunch of secret UN trucks if you ask me.

I'm still interested though.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by WWJFKD

Credit goes to this fella photohelix on YouTube. As I said - I just "found it".

Still, excellent find! Good material for ATS in my opinion. And to the other poster who is going to try to find out further info., good luck!!! Keep us posted... I will be looking forward to seeing more info, hopefully...It REALLY is an awful lot of vans!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Here is just one car/truck import storage area at JaxPort. Yes, those are all vehicles.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/862104b4d089.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I can't find any listing of an active AF base at those coordinates. The only active air base in or around the JAcksonville area is the Naval Air Base and it looks empty.

link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

You got a coordinate on that photo you posted - just wanted to get a better look.

link   
There is no way it is a "car show" and I will explain why.

#1 I can not recall any car show ever being held on a military base

#2 Car Shows are not the "White Sale at Macy's". Anyone who has ever been to a car show knows that what makes a car show a "car show" is that there are a lot of original ideas and things that sets cars aside the your standard vehicle bought at any car lot.

#3. Cars that are placed into car shows 9 times out of 10 have "custom" paint jobs of all type of variety. From solid colors to graphics to flames, you name it and you can find it there.

#4. Here is what a car show looks like

Now with that being said, I see no evidence that these are UN cars, although it does stand to reason. U.N Vehicles could very well be parked on US Military bases, although that is an awful lot of vehicles and one would have to ask ...why and for what purpose?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here is a closer view of the above pic from JaxPort import storage. Notice these are all white also.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/035a0aaf9251.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

It is in the lower right on the photo. I made sure to get the coords.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I found this as well - the runway is empty, but I cannot be sure if this is earlier or later than the original sat view...

virtualglobetrotting.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
reply to post by WWJFKD

It is in the lower right on the photo. I made sure to get the coords.

Doh!

2nd line

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join