It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans new Web site not exactly what they hoped it would be

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well those whacky House Repubs are at it again! This time they are using the internetwebstubes to re-brand themselves and...take America back!
But, little did they know the nature of the beast!

Yes, it's an opinion piece!
Yes, the Dem's are probably just as clueless!
Yes, there's an odd GE/Rolls Royce ad to deal with.
But......take a look!

Republicans new web site not exactly what they hoped it would be (Washinton Post )

[edit on 26-5-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Call me paranoid.

My bet is that this site has key logger malware linked directly to DHS so that when the GOP takes over again they can create a data base, identify the malcontents and send them off to the fema camps.

Create an account to be able to comment. Yeah, Right!!

The GOP has never, ever responded to any of my letters except with a form letter. Why should this web site be any different?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yikes:

- All homos should be required to register with there local government so you can prevent your children from catching the disease

- Glenn Beck should be on Mount Rushmore instead of that filthy progressive Teddy Roosevelt.

- My neighbor made me a cookie, but he eated it. Please arrest him.

www.americaspeakingout.com...

Who knew 4chan were Republicans.

[edit on 26 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So a Republican starts a website wanting input from the public and we automatically assume the only people posting on it are Republicans? Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Didn't say that, didn't assume that.
Other will believe as they wish, including you I guess.
Would it really make a difference whose Party was attached?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I think that's pretty much the point Jenna ... namely that it is a rather poorly conceived idea and use of teh interwbs. It's pretty obvious that most folks are using the site for giggles ... at least that is my sincerest hope cause some of the stuff up in there is tragic depending if it is meant seriously.

I suspect a recode or shutdown rather quickly.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That was a really weird add. It's to get people to call Congress and demand they use GE's F-136 Joint Striker engine in the fighter plane lol.

Anywho..

I love the ... idea.. that Republicans are using.. and I think it shows they understand that they stand for nothing right now, and that many, many are disenfranchised.

"End Child Labor Laws," suggests one helpful participant. "We coddle children too much. They need to spend their youth in the factories."

"How about if Congress actually do thier job and VET or Usurper in Chief, Obama is NOT a Natural Born Citizen in any way," recommends another. "That fake so called birth certificate is useless."

"A 'teacher' told my child in class that dolphins were mammals and not fish!" a third complains. "And the same thing about whales! We need TRADITIONAL VALUES in all areas of education. If it swims in the water, it is a FISH. Period! End of Story."

Haha.. Republicans.. the dolphin thing is sooo freaking funny lol..

"Don't let the illegals run out of Arizona and hide. . . . I think that we should do something to identify them in case they try to come back over. Like maybe tattoo a big scarlet 'I' on their chests -- for 'illegal'!!!" (Filed under "job creation.")

.. I'm going to go through the forums and read some of this stuff.. maybe write something of my own..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This was my favourite. I scared the cats laughing so hard.

""A 'teacher' told my child in class that dolphins were mammals and not fish!" a third complains. "And the same thing about whales! We need TRADITIONAL VALUES in all areas of education. If it swims in the water, it is a FISH. Period! End of Story." "

I thought I would only read something like this in a satirical setting, not someone who actually thinks in this manor.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

yes, all the republicans are complete idiots... Hey Last I checked the democrats haven't listened to anyone. at Least the republicans are trying. Obama is a weak little man, who can't take any criticism. The democrats are the worst of the worst in Washington.
Plus it's the internet, anyone can say anything. I know we all can't be as smart as liberals, who never get tired of telling people how smart they are. Your right, just because somebody doesn't have the IQ, you have, well maybe their opinion shouldn't matter. They should just be give up. maybe these people who wrote to the best of their ability, or maybe they are just liberal disinfo agents, trying to make republicans look stupid. or maybe the Washington Post just really blows. the point is So What? So What people posted bad ideas in bad grammar on a republican website.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Hmm Conspiracy time!!!!

I posted an "idea" on the site.. basically said go back to free market principles, yadda yadda, we don't support bailing out banks or healthcare etc.. if you do we will vote you out.

Tagged as "*Inappropriate" .. well as you can understand I was highly confused.. I said nothing vulgar, I posted it in the economic forum, what the hell right?

I count my characters (1500 limit) .. I make sure I didn't accidentally cuss, nope .. after 15 mins of being very confused I removed the line "we will vote you out" .. it was untagged "*inappropriate" and was allowed to be posted.

I can never go back to that party.. may it burn in hell.

Also for the millions spent on the site, it's incredibly slow... and it's forums are filled with people having a laugh. One guy wrote that he demands they end mixing flavors of ice-creams together.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Hmmm. I think somebody needs to turn that frown upside down!
Oh really, lighten up! Don't some of you see any humor in anything?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Instead of trying to "take" America back, it would be refreshing to see them try to "win" America back...you know...with fresh ideas, fresh faces and a showing of bipartisanship. This applies to Dems too.

I'm so sick of the "game". All these politicians acting like they are on teams...right vs. left. I got news for them, the teams are the constituents and the team captains are the respective elected politicians. Congress is acting out in a way that equates to the team captains all getting together and trying to play all the games throughout the season without the rest of the league....they need to remember that there is no I in TEAM.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'd say 75% of the remarks are sarcastic, purposefully racist, purposefully idiotic, or purposefully humorous. I would say that it's highly likely that teens and democrats alike infiltrated the site to have a laugh.

As it is.. it already been complained by several people just in the 30 mins ive been on that forum that the Republicans have purged the site more than once, deleting all threads.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

your right it is funny... it deserves a Dr Hibbert chuckle.
Thanks I needed that

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Most of the comments have defenitly that 4chan vibe going on.
Pure greatness!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing! The site is hilarious! I urge everyone to visit it before they realize their mistake and take it down. (And yes, nearly all the "suggestions" are from trolls.)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

(And yes, nearly all the "suggestions" are from trolls.)

Just like Congress itself!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This site is realy funny

Ban science. It stimulates people to think hard about the world they live in and adopt a critical attitude. Thinking isn't good for national coherence and it spoils people who might have been good menial laborers otherwise. Science is bad for the economy.

some jew mexican took my house, send him back to africa

some of them like these I realy hope are jokes but human stupidity ceased to suprise me long ago, so I'm not quite sure.

We should pass a law that makes it Illegal to use public money to setup a website that is not good for anything except gathering internet trolls.

We should pass a law that makes politicians replace their flag pins with the logo of their corporate sponsors.. It would make it much easier to determine who they are really representing

All lobbying should be prohibited. No one should have the opportunity to buy a lawmaker's time or attention.

although some have fair points

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wow, I starred your comment.

Armageddon is coming!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Another one of the posts:

Deleting all the ideas is the same as ending the life of an unborn child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join