It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graphic Video; Matador Gored through the throat during bullfight.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Dude's lucky the bull pulled it's horn out. The power of that bull would've snapped the guy's neck like a toothpick.

Peace

Absolutely, when you watch the video a few times, you realise how lucky he was that the bull pulled the horn practically right back out the way it went in. If not, it would have been tickets. He could have got it in the jugular, or as you say one swift movement to the side, and this guys neck is broken. I assume he survived??

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think bullfighting should be outlawed. What other sport can you torture an animal until it's death while people in the crowd cheer?

It's disgusting, and animal cruelty as far as I'm concerned.

The guy got what he asked for. No sympathies from me. Unfortunately, the bull will die in the end anyhow. I bet it will be killed because of what it did to this guy.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by virraszto]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Karma indeed

I hope he has some horrible scars....this isnt a sport, its just animal cruelty

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Im sure many of you here disagree with bullfighting.
As for me, I have no interest in it, nor am I against it.
But, what do you guys think....Was this "karma"?

I personally find it really disgusting that this kind of bullfighting is still allowed and that it must be forbidden as soon as possible.

Looking at that picture, I cannot see it other than that this fight has ended with one to zero for the bull and I have not a spark of compassion for that bullfighter-gored-Matador-Julio-Aparicio.

I nevertheless hope he is alright but that he has learned an important and valuable lesson out of it all.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Now this horse is very skilled, and looks just awesome the way it moves around.

One of, if not my favorite bullfighting (horse) videos.

FABULOUS!

That horse is absolutely a phenomenon!

THAT is style.
THAT is tradition.
LONG LIVE BULLFIGHTING!

As for the man taking it under the chin - Wow - Amazing photos huh.
OUCH.
But, not nearly as bad as it could have been.
Hats off to the bull.

Ole!

peace

[edit on 26-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Oozii

FABULOUS!

THAT is style.
THAT is tradition.

As for the man taking it under the chin - Wow. Amazing photos huh.
OUCH.
Hats off to the bull.

Ole!

peace

It gives me an adrenaline rush, for some reason. You could see how confident the horse is. Mocking the bull with its head held high

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skillz1

im not saying the guy deserved this happening to him

I am

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Horse Video - Thanks for sharing! What a magnificent animal! I have never seen a horse put a juke on anything, that was amazing!!
Still though, I can't get past the driving of knives into the bulls spine and slowly taunting the life out of it. The longer it takes the better too, right? I hope the horse never gets an impalement.
Peace

[edit on 27-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Holy Crap !! The horn came out of his mouth !!!

I felt bad for the guy, untill I saw the bull's back... which is all bloody from people throwing spears at him.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The bull actually gets his feet tangled up in the matador's feet , which is what causes the matador to stumble inititally. Like the bull actually was trying to trip him, succeeded, and then did exactly what he had planned all along. There was a great amount of thought in the attack, IMHO. Though it did seem almost mystical, OP.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I used to not get why folks thought bull fighting was so horrid. I mean, it's a jackass taunting fate with an angry truck.

Then I learned what bull fighting is. How they dope up the animal and torture the hell out of it and spear it and stab it then win or lose it always ends up dead. What the hell is the point of that?

What the rednecks do with their bull riding is leaps and bounds more of a "fight" than what these euro-trash in tight pants are doing.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Absolutely reprehensible. The sport that is. Makes me want to sign up for PETA. Humans can be so vulgar and arrogant to the animal kingdom. It's an absolute frigging outrage! The guy got what he deserved. And I make no apologies for my comment. Hope more BULLS wake up and kill their perpetrators.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by brilab45]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wish the bull ripped off his lower jaw and there was no way of reattaching it. Then maybe he could suffer like the bull did in that "fight." As hard as it is to watch, that guy deserved it, and much more, along with all the other "sportspersons."

The bull doesn't understand what is going on, it just goes on blind instinct, and us sick humans turn it into a sport? What a great and constructive way to use our "superior intelligence" towards a prosperous future and peace.

Even if bulls were intelligent and understood what was going on, you stab it before the "fight?" If you're gonna be a poor excuse for a human being, at least be a man about it and "fight" without the advantage of STABBING the poor thing prior to fighting.

These people need to burn in hell, or whatever its actual equivalent is. Bring on the suffering to people who deserve it. Ignorance is no excuse in a case like this, especially in the masses.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
EDIT TO ADD:

The above post is a perfect example of what I try to address in my reply below.
Whoa!
'Rip the mans jaw off so it can't be reattached'?
'Let them all burn in hell'?
Dude, are you on the level???
Just over the top hypocrisy and ignorance IMO.

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Then I learned what bull fighting is. How they dope up the animal and torture the hell out of it and spear it and stab it then win or lose it always ends up dead.

Wherever you 'learned' about bullfighting I suggest you get your tuition money back... You went to the wrong school.

Take a look at those bulls.
They're well fed, well cared for, well groomed and drugged?
Not.
Those animals live like KINGS before their moment in the sun.
And no, not every bull is killed. Not many live, but some do.

On the other hand - let's take your average hamburger farm.

EVERY bull, cow, etc, is killed.

But only after a long ride in a fetid sweltering cramped trailer - with no water or food. After being beaten and prodded with cattle prods. After standing in line where the living witness death, smell death, lay in death and gore before it even becomes 'their turn'...

And all so you can wear your nice leather boots, leather belt, that Gucci handbag, those regular shoes you've got on, those nice seats in your car, etc.

It's my opinion ya'all just have no right to judge another's culture and way of life before taking a good look at your own.

I bet every single one of the tearjerkers here complaining about bullfighting use cow byproducts in some form and are wearing (or eating) them right now.

By the way... You ever stopped to wonder what the byproduct of milk is?

It's a baby calf.
(A cow cannot lactate and give milk without first delivering a calf).
Now, ask yourself what happens to all those millions of calves?
You really want to know? (look here)
No, you don't. It makes bullfighting look like a walk in the park.

Put it this way.

Give those baby cows a choice between dying as they do (I wont even go into the horrifying details of the life and death of dairy cow calves) - OR - growing up to become a bullfighting bull. Being well fed, well cared for, treated like royalty until they have their moment in the sun to live or die... I know what they'd choose. And so do I.

It's life as you'll never understand it - unless you've lived the culture.

It's age old tradition, a festival of life and death, man and beast, of talent and movement and absolutely stunning displays of athleticism from both man and animal. It's the beauty and tragedy and song and sun... Anyway... I could go on and on but I think by now you all know the side of the fence I'm on.

As for the man that got gored.
It's a risk you take - on your own two feet.
I hope he heals well.
But ya know how it goes... If you're gonna fight bulls, you're gonna get gored.

peace

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Oozii

FABULOUS!

THAT is style.
THAT is tradition.
LONG LIVE BULLFIGHTING!

As for the man taking it under the chin - Wow - Amazing photos huh.
OUCH.
Hats off to the bull.

Ole!

peace

Just another example of ignorance at its finest. Oh wait, my mistake. It's tradition and style. How fabulous. Let's go stab some bulls.

I hope people like this eventually get what they deserve in this life or the next.

And then you end it off by saying peace? Show me, where is this "peace" you speak of? ...in the tradition?

We need more people like you on this planet. (sarcasm: figured I had to state it. Since you don't get why this "sport" is wrong, you may not understand the concept of sarcasm either)

Oh, I almost forgot; Ole!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
With all of the swords hanging from it's back, Im not sure how anyone could fault the animal. It was fighting for it's life, and Im sure was killed in the end.

I think bullfighting is beyond cowardly and stupid, and Im happy to see that the animal got a small piece of revenge before it was put away.

Maybe Gustavo will be reminded that animal cruelty is wrong when he is drinking his dinner through a feeding tube.

Par for the course.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You are absolutely right and we as humans need to change the way we cull the animal population for our nutritional needs.

We are horrid in the way we treat animals. It makes one want to go vegetarian.

I'm absolutely livid over this and the meat industry in general. There has to be a better "humane" way of treating animals and culling them for our needs.

Outraged beyond belief!!!

I'm giving you a star and flag for awareness.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by brilab45]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

None of this is true? www.worsleyschool.net...

The judge signals the entry of two picadores (lancers on horseback), one of whom is to pierce the bull's neck in a limited way. The aim is to plunge their lances into the bull's neck, thus weakening its strong neck muscles.

The first of three banderilleros (usually older bullfighters who form part of the matador's team) individually run towards the bull, making him charge. Their job is to insert two banderillas (decorated wooden sticks with spiked ends) over the horns into the bull's neck muscle.

The matador engages the bull with his cape in a series of passes. When the bull is weak and unable to charge much longer, he pulls out a curved sword, with which he kills the bull by inserting the sword between the cervical vertebra and into the bull's heart. He might dedicate the bull to an individual or the audience.

Too scared to fight it as is so they have to cripple it first?

Preparations for the Bullfight
The bulls are intentionally debilitated with heavy sandbags dropped on their backs.(2) A study conducted by scientists at Spain’s Salamanca University found that 20 percent of the bulls used for fighting are drugged before they step into the ring; in the sampling of 200 bulls, one in five had been given anti-inflammatory drugs, which mask injuries that could sap the animal’s strength.(3) One common—albeit illegal—practice is to “shave” the bulls’ horns by sawing off a few inches, which impairs their coordination.(4) According to one matador, some of the top performers may also “ask breeders to deliberately select placid bulls …. It’s the only way to sustain your energy for the duration of the season.”(5)
www.peta.org...

If none of this is true then fine. It's still an abomination. If you're going to kill it for food just get on and kill it. No need to have some glittering fairy dance with it bleeding in the dirt for an hour.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Whoa that was intense. But you know what they say,

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How horrible... I may be the only one in the world, but I feel great sympathy for this man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join