It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Community Board Oks Ground Zero Mosque Plans! (it's going to happen)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think the Japanese would have been a little less than impressed if the Americans had built a "community center" on the outskirts of Hiroshima.

Would the Iranians go for a Jewish community center in the heart of Tehran?

Or a Turkish community center in the middle of Kurd territory?

It's absolutely ludicrous. You are giving them a place to come, right next door to what they are claiming as one of their greatest victories ever. No, all Muslims aren't bad. Very few of them are. But in my opinion, this makes about as much sense as releasing the Unabomber, and placing him in a home right next to a bomb factory.

There are plenty of other places in NY for their center/mosque; whatever it is. here is no need for it to be this close to what is now almost American holy ground.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Reign02

I bet not. That would be ignorance at its finest, wouldn't it?

NYC is the city this happened to, and there appears to me to be more tolerance there than in backwoods America. That might be telling on a number of levels.

That is where you are wrong! Most parts of NY are completely segregated if you have ever been there you would know that. And yea there may be some tolerance but it WILL be blown up and or vandalized CONSTANTLY. You really think the great city of NY is going to take this? Think again buddy

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Wrong. I lived in NYC for 10 years, and one of my sisters still does..30 years now. A second sister lived three blocks from the towers. Sorry, but you're off the wall on this one. It's a very tolerant city. It's used to being a blend of cultures and people, who for the most part get along VERY well. So butt out.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
double post

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
triple post

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
so you are telling me that if I, being a white guy with blond hair and blue eyes walks through Harlem, Jamaica Queens, parts of the Bronx. That I would be left alone and not robbed or messed with at all what so ever?

I too have lived in NY, Bronx off University Ave. Which is not a bad part to me atleast. And I have been robbed in Harlem, jumped in JQ for no reason other than me being white, and shot in the Bronx again for nothing.

I know you are probably going to say, well that happens in all major cities. Yea it does but if you haven't noticed all major cities ARE for the MOST part segregated. Chinatown? ring a bell?? Spanish Harlem?? Jamaica Queens?? I could go on and on about plenty of cities that are the exact same way as the boroughs in NY.

You probably lived in upstate NY or in a nice part of Manhattan or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join