It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Community Board Oks Ground Zero Mosque Plans! (it's going to happen)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
A few points of levity:

1) Freedom to do only what is tasteful to the majority flies in the face of the word freedom, especially when it comes to government.

2) I grow tired of paying for wars to "protect our freedoms" when so many Americans have been eager to piss away those freedoms (or freedoms that would threaten groups they don't belong to).

3) Maximum freedom should always be the goal of the people as it's the government's goal to limit it through force.

4) I viewed 9-11 in NYC with my naked eyes and smelled the burning "materials" personally and I don't feel resentment about them building a place of worship there.

The righteous indignation is garbage. Nothing more.

5) The petty and thoughtless points being bandied about these days smacks of lack of thought and/or overly emotional responses rather than principled views. Much of what I see (in general) amounts to political vomit. It makes me ill to look at it sometimes.

Peace
KJ

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hitler signed a non-aggression pact with Poland prior to invading and I am sure it sounded like a good idea at the time to them as well.

This is America and the melting pot of the world and while all religions are free to worship as the wish here putting a Mosque right next to ground zero is a completely insensitive measure in a blind attempt at making peace with the unreasonable.

Israel gave up land for the creation of Palestine in the attempt at offering the Olive branch to their enemys only to face rocket attacks on a daily basis. Do these sound like reasonable people we are dealing with?

If, in fact, those wanting to build the Mosque were reasonable and sensitive to others then they simply would offer to build their Mosque elsewhere. Sensitivity is a two way street and if they build it near ground zero they are not considering the feelings of those that lost loved ones on 9-11-2001.

I mentioned Hitler/Poland and Israel/Palestine as examples of history repeating itself. Don't leave NY open to another 911, PLEASE!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hitler signed a non-aggression pact with Poland prior to invading and I am sure it sounded like a good idea at the time to them as well.

This is America and the melting pot of the world and while all religions are free to worship as the wish here putting a Mosque right next to ground zero is a completely insensitive measure in a blind attempt at making peace with the unreasonable.

Israel gave up land for the creation of Palestine in the attempt at offering the Olive branch to their enemys only to face rocket attacks on a daily basis. Do these sound like reasonable people we are dealing with?

If, in fact, those wanting to build the Mosque were reasonable and sensitive to others then they simply would offer to build their Mosque elsewhere. Sensitivity is a two way street and if they build it near ground zero they are not considering the feelings of those that lost loved ones on 9-11-2001.

I mentioned Hitler/Poland and Israel/Palestine as examples of history repeating itself. Don't leave NY open to another 911, PLEASE!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I like that very much...seed of peace. It can be, you know?

The vote was by a wide margin, too.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Islam's version of the Crusades is happening all over the planet and the dimwits are trying to shake their hands. Here's a "news flash" , Islam doesn't embrace the concept of freedom.

Those responsible for September 11th were Moslems...

Comedy Central pulled a skit making fun of Mohammed even though they poke fun of Jesus all the time.
Why would you suppose that is?
Is Islam the religion of peace or is Christianity?
I would bet they pulled it out of fear of bodily harm but I can't be right because I think the Mosque is a bad idea.

But it's the peaceful religion I tell you.....

Forget what you read and saw with your own two eyes because I just told you these people are all alright!

I will call you a racist or stupid or point at you and make you feel politically incorrect if you don't embrace the Mosque idea.

www.studytoanswer.net...

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

markhumphrys.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by anon72

I like that very much...seed of peace. It can be, you know?

The vote was by a wide margin, too.

Oh, if it is by a wide margin then, I guess it is OK. A "seed of peace" If you believe that then I feel sorry for you. Muslims are only peaceful when they are the minority. When they are the Majority it's their way or the highway.
there is nothing that is positive that is going to come out of this whole affair. It is a punch in the gut to the American People, and a shot to the groin to New York. and anyone who supports this should be ashamed of themselves... and are being fooled.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimihendrix61
reply to post by anon72

gave up land?
you wont even let them have cookies

yes by all means prevent another 911
quit giving Israel the money it costs to commit another one

Do you think ATS ers and New Yorkers are stupid?
skip that question
you have just shown that you do

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This story shows the vote numbers a bit differently that the story in the OP. Link

It says 24-11 with two abstentions, versus 29-1 with 10 abstentions? If that matters.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I bet a million bucks that some American will blow it up.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I bet not. That would be ignorance at its finest, wouldn't it?

NYC is the city this happened to, and there appears to me to be more tolerance there than in backwoods America. That might be telling on a number of levels.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

psssst Luc...
he ment USraeliacan
like in king david hotel....

just sayin

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Where were the 'peaceful' muslims on 9-11? Dancing in the streets?
www.danielpipes.org...

Palestinians celebrating the fall of the twin towers on 911
www.youtube.com...

Paliestinians Dancing Over The Deaths Of Americans 911
www.youtube.com...

Man Trying to climb down the face of building
www.youtube.com...

Responsible or not, they celebrated the murders of men women and children.

NY is bankrupt, its all about the money.
Shame on us!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh. Thanks for keeping me straight.

I guess I should have coffee. Sorry!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I'm pretty sure I remember all of the being thoroughly debunked. I don't have the sources at my fingertips. And it was mostly the story of the Israelis dancing that was harder to debunk. But they could have been Muslin Israelis for all I know

Now lets get back to BASICS. Even if a few fanatical, sociopathic, psychopathic HUMANS who happen to have co-opted and interpreted a a RELIGION and used that as an excuse, is that any reason to vilify, defile, abuse and hate over one billion people for it?

This is one of the reasons organized religion is a danger...it can be so easily used as both a tool and a target.

It can make people to make irrational and illogical decisions. At the same time, it can conveniently be BLAMED. The same PTB that use a religion and its religious as a tool today for their own purposes can just as easily turn around tomorrow and annihilate that same religion and its followers for other reasons.

Example: The neocons used Christianity for votes and to mob against Islam. And they also opportunistically used Islam to vilify and pit against Judeo-Christianity. Do you think they really care about any religion or any people?

And some (on both sides) are falling for it. For shame.

I'm not quite awake yet...hope this was semi-clear.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why ground zero?

Why is the grand opening on September 11, 2011?

Muslim world operates on symbols, they are all about symbolism!

They lecture us to be sensitive, what about the sensitivity of the people who were murdered?

Im not against people building mosques, im against building it at ground zero!

“Many said they were not opposed to a mosque -- just not one that's two blocks from ground zero.”
www.nbcnewyork.com...

This is a slap in the face to the American people, the people murdered and to their families.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

It's not on ground zero. It's 2-4 blocks from it, depending how you want to slant it and where you think ground zero starts and stops.

It's not a mosque...it's an Islamic center...a community center plus a mosque. There is already at least one mosque that close to ground zero.

That September 11 date for opening/groundbreaking has NOT been proven. Source it if you have the proof.

New York itself appears to be more tolerant of this than backwoods America. Makes you wonder why.

But all this is rehashing a bunch of other threads here and off topic. The topic here is that it's not being blocked/approved by the community board.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

What a perfectly wonderful post, my friend!
Freedom for ALL!

What fascinates me the most is that many of the same people who are up in arms about this project are the same people who positively RAIL against political correctness, yet what are they calling for here?

Why, they are offended! When it's THEY who are offended, PC becomes their friend, their banner, their justification! Because, you see, it's not politically correct to open an Islamic center near ground zero on Sept. 11, 2011, or any date, for that matter!

Too funny!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Luc, I will get back with you when I can with sources, right now I'm manning the phone (work, self employeed) and researching is taking some time

The computer decided to wipe out what I wrote a minute ago so I'm going to write a quickie for now.

That although most or ALL Muslims are innocent in this, they are also victims by association in one way or another, they should also be sensitive to it too.

I also feel calling it "an Islamic center...a community center plus a mosque" is being politically correct.

Our youth is woo-ed by fun and games, from other religions, so if there is a pool, gym ect. at this mosque, we should just call a duck a duck. It is a place of worship AND there is a community center.
In order for it to be approved, they had to agree to some rules, something I will produce elsewhere.

edit to add, I will not post on here anymore but will locate a thread or create one that will be on topic if I'm going off topic

best regards,
Liberty

[edit on 30-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
quote from Luc:
It's not on ground zero. It's 2-4 blocks from it, depending how you want to slant it and where you think ground zero starts and stops.

quote from SL:
It is 2 blocks from where the twin towers fell.

“Many said they were not opposed to a mosque -- just not one that's two blocks from ground zero.”
www.nbcnewyork.com...

The old Burlington Coat Factory Building is the site of the future mega mosque, it sustained damage from the attack.

Luc:
It's not a mosque...it's an Islamic center...a community center plus a mosque. There is already at least one mosque that close to ground zero

SL:
Even the title of this thread calls it a mosque.

Luc:
That September 11 date for opening/groundbreaking has NOT been proven. Source it if you have the proof.

SL:
I do not like the sources I found, all I could find is heresay. Let's hope it is just gossip.

Luc:
New York itself appears to be more tolerant of this than backwoods America. Makes you wonder why.

SL:
Thats not fair to claim people are backwoods if they see and express the insensitivity of this. What it "appears" to be is a quick fix for quick money.
I know the polls showed at least 60% of New Yorkers not in favor of this. (will add source soon). I guess they are backwoods too

Luc:
But all this is rehashing a bunch of other threads here and off topic. The topic here is that it's not being blocked/approved by the community board.

SL:
And I'm asking "why", why that location?

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

[edit to add I apologize for the appearance of this post, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the quote's.
[edit on 31-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 30-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Don't tell them that Starwarsisreal. It ruins their little hate Islam campaign. If it was a Christian church it would be ok because they are right and anyone else is wrong. It's funny to see people with the same mentality carrying signs of Obama with a Hitler moustache when they hate Muslims just like Hitler hated the Jews. Such hypocrites.

Good for the Muslims and their mosque. These self-righteous Christians and their hate filled message is an embarrasment to right thinking Americans.

Wow, such contempt. What if many weren't "Christians" who opposed this? What would you say then?

So you group ALL Christians into one way of thinking?
Your mentality can be questioned greatly. Please explain to the families of the firefighters who died that day what you just posted here. Explain to them why they should not oppose this.
I bet if you were face to face with them, you'd take a different tone.
It takes little effort to type your opinion and run. Did you feel better showing you are so blind as to label every "Christian" being of one mindset?

If you ask me, you are allowing the "Christians" you have such contempt for to control you, clearly you lack the ability to rationalize without excessive negative emotions!
So who is the one here with the "hate filled message"?
Hypocrites?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join