It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The video(s) 'BP does not want you to see'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This is video 'BP does not want you to see'

Philippe Cousteau Jr., the grandson of famed French oceanographer Jacques Cousteau, and ABC's Sam Champion dived into the gulf's oily water off the coast of Venice, La. for a report on "the damage you can't even see."

"This, critics say, is what BP does not want you to see," Champion says.

Cousteau, who was coated with oil during the dive, says: "This is a nightmare; this is a nightmare."

Still digesting this one...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
More underwater video from Cousteau-- equally distressing:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
More:

BP CEO caught on tape ordering media to get away from oil-coated beach

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Absolutely unbelievable. Incredible. I really don't have words that fit the situation. It seems hopeless for the marine life, the impact on the environment,the devastation to the livelihood of the people dependant on the fishing industry. Words just cannot express the helplessness I'm sure everything affected is feeling. I'm sure this will affect the worlds waters in some way that impacts every living thing........

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's a sad, sad time, it does seem prophetic and feels like something evil has fallen upon us with this spill. Is it just me or does this just feel like the beginning of the end....I really am not a doomist, but it just feels like it is the start of some big long horrible ending. Could be the wine getting to me

edit: wine mistakes

[edit on 25-5-2010 by SunnyDee]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
S&F.. people need to see these.. it is very bad.. BP needs to stop using dispersants.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

I hope we don't learn the 'cure' was far worse than the disease after all is said and done.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
S&F OP, Thank you for finding this and bring it to our attention.

Don't think I want supper after watching this. To echo "HORRIBLE".

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
Absolutely unbelievable. Incredible. I really don't have words that fit the situation. It seems hopeless for the marine life, the impact on the environment,the devastation to the livelihood of the people dependant on the fishing industry. Words just cannot express the helplessness I'm sure everything affected is feeling. I'm sure this will affect the worlds waters in some way that impacts every living thing........

Brian Merchant's article describes BP's deliberate, negligent use of chemical dispersant. Now there's video evidence to confirm it. Sadly, it also confirms that they have no intention of cleaning the mess up. It's still a damage-limitation PR exercise to them.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Come one america stand up against this. That is your beach that ceo is telling you to get off of. Sounds brittish...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is definitely horrible but I can't totally blame BP for the use of dispersants. Our govt. has practically dropped this entire clean up mission into BP's lap with the old Git er Dun at all costs mentality. It would seem that this clean up is being tossed around like a hot potato because of all of the unknowns. This administration does not have the stones to commit.

Just check Salazar's comments below.

federal law dictated that BP had to operate the cleanup, with the government overseeing its efforts.

"They're exhausting every technical means possible to deal with that leak," he said. "I am satisfied with the coordination that's going on."

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar suggested over the weekend that the government could intervene aggressively if BP wasn't delivering. "If we find that they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing, we'll push them out of the way appropriately," he said.

But asked about that comment Monday, Allen said: "That's more of a metaphor."

Allen said BP and the government are working together, with the government holding veto power and adopting an "inquisitorial" stand toward the company's ideas.

BP said it is doing all it can to stop the leak. Its chief operating officer, Doug Suttles, made the rounds of network morning news shows to say that the company understands people are frustrated.

"Clearly Secretary Salazar is telling us that we need to do this as expediently as we can," Suttles said. "And of course we are."

www.breitbart.com...

I was watching some video of a clean up/rescue crew in a marsh and I was just stunned by the reality. 4 guys chasing one oil soaked egret when they were surrounded by dozens of oil soaked egrets. Where do you even begin to clean up something so massive? It is almost beyond all human capability.

This is just very sad and there is plenty of guilt to be passed around between BP and our govt. It is like watching two siblings pass the buck when questioned by mom about a broken vase in the kitchen.

Obama's response to this mess "Plug the Damn Hole" Sure, let me grab my handy ACME oil leak cork. Glad the solution is so simple to a simpleton.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am SO ABSOLUTELY# OUTRAGED!!!!

We are not being told the truth about any of this. These dispersants are being used in the hope of breaking the oil up and and sinking it to the bottom where BP will no doubt leave it and it will continue to pollute and toxify OUR waters for decades, if not centuries.

This is criminal and goes beyond BP - this is criminal negligence on the part of our federal government, right to it's CEO - Obama!

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by dbates]

link   
[edit on 26-5-2010 by psyko45]

link   
[edit on 26-5-2010 by psyko45]

link   
Why has it taken 37 days for the MSM to make this leak a ratings grabber?
Why is it that this live feed happens to be broadcast right at the time BP is going to try this fantastic topkill procedure? Because the whole thing is a scam, thats why. I watched interviews with both Mr. Cousteau and the CEO of BP this morning, and both of them seem to be honest men. (honest men that are being played by the MSM for ratings) Even if they "say" this leakstopper works today, how do we know?, we dont and wont. We have no idea how bad this is or is going to be. The MSM makes me sick at times and this is one of those times. No one is going to know anything until gas hits 7.00 a gallon, or when people that live on the coast are evicted from thier oil covered homes.

This "live-feed" is crapola in the biggest way.

Hey guys, heres a picture of the active leak now and heres a picture after the miraculous, never before tried at this depth "Topkill".

Who to blame? Who cares, be straight with the people for once

Im sick of the terrorists and thier agendas.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

This whole thing is disgusting and shocking. I fully expect this to eventually have a global impact.

BP should be shut down.

Having said all that I must say that the third video clip, the CNN report, is utterly ridiculous and totally incorrect.

It is very clear to see that the BP top guy is shouting at the idiot with the camera to get out of the contaminated material. The camera man is trying to get a shot and moves into the brown sludge area. All those around him are in haz gear. He is shouting at him to get out of that spot. Its for his own safety.

Then the anchor on the news report makes an even bigger mess of this and when they reshow a clip he gets totally confused and obviously cant follow what is being shouted in his ear.

I am not defending BP in anyway but that clip where the main guy is supposedly shouting at the cameras to get away and not film the oil on beach is absolute garbage.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Mr. President!

YOU NEED TO GROW A SPINE.

This is OUR gulf, not THEIR'S, that they are destroying.

How will you explain this to your own children, that you did NOTHING about this?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull
I disagree. The cameraman was only going to spend a few minutes in the mess compared to the people who are cleaning the visible mess (made harder because of the dispersants)

The ceo was obviously flipping out because the mess was being flimed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I disagree. The cameraman was only going to spend a few minutes in the mess compared to the people who are cleaning the visible mess (made harder because of the dispersants)

Ok, Not a big fan of BP right now but come on. If the cameraman steps in the oil he could track the oil into areas of the beach that are unaffected. Not to mention the possible trip/slip hazard.
Complete non story here

Now the videos above it...disgusting!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

The camera man was pointing the camera at the CEO . He wasn't even filiming the mess. He was standing in the mess.

If you want to disagree, cool, you have every right too.

I just can't believe how easily people can be fooled by the media. Even when it is against the 'bad guys'

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join