It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The video(s) 'BP does not want you to see'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
serves us well as the most powerful nation in the world for being so forgetful and putting only immediate profits before our future development as a nation! after the oil shock of the 70s people were talking about investing in alternatives and then came the 80s with a new prez who cut all those incentives.

skip another couple decades to the 2000s when Bush's buddies were doing coke and banging the "regulators" who were supposed to be in charge of this stuff.

those saying we need the feds to take over and send BP the bill... there's a problem with that. BP can't be held liable for more than a few millions. and guess who's against removing that limit? party of NO again.

Transocean, BP and Halliburton are the companies who caused this. none of them are paying taxes in the US. none of the platforms are under US flag either so they can't be inspected or regulated by US code.

so... blame Obama for things that greedy legislators and a few corrupt republican administrations made possible. and call it Obama's Katrina, sounds nice on Fox.

who'll end up suffering in the end? us, the small people, those who made a living off the waters and of course consumers who'll have to pay a lot more for seafood. who wins? all the companies who never paid taxes in the US but raped and killed our waters, along with the corrupt buddies in the administration and congress.

this isn't a scam like global warming. this is actually killing the sea and wetlands for decades to come! and the oil will cost us the same at the pump, whether it comes from the Saudis or our own waters, there's no price reduction if you buy "american extracted"... it's just that when a spill happens, we have to deal with it here at home, instead of letting some far away third world country have to deal with it.

real change won't ever happen until most people open their eyes...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A little off-topic;

I believe the estimates of the finite oil reserves of this planet have been exagerated hugely to retain or even inflate the price of oil all along. It is quite evident that we have an adequate or excess of oil at our disposal.

Just take the diamond supply as an example, it is a long known fact that there are far more diamonds to meet the demand than the price suggests, it is pure 'economy of scarcity', restricting the supply to keep the value high.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So crude oil can burn human flesh but its ok for the marine life?
And yes the dispersant is just to make this whole mess look a little more appealing.
Maybe Obamas realized that the cost of a barrel is down to $70 and wants to drain sum so hes shares in sum Arab oil company will rise.
Although too little too late this should go out as a warning to any other Oil company vying for rights to drill out there, to but in more safety measures then BP did.
If they cant stop it with there multi billion dollar corporation what chance do the outfits from smaller firms have.
This sets a precedent because other companies will be saying " look how long it took BP to clean up"
If this continues to go unchecked then it will lead to the death of all sea life and trickle down to us humans.
And yes you can see the earth bleeds as a living entity like us.
It will only allow this to go on a little while before it has to stop it to protect itself.
If that means we get destroyed in the process. well we really cant blame it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

These videos are propaganda designed to benifit the green movement and raise fuel costs, as well as hurt alot of families that will be out of work because of this leak (leaks).

Why does everyone want to play the blame game? Because its the only way the average citezen can justify his or her lifelong contribution to the problem.

"oh Ive been driving cars, cutting trees, etc, etc all my life, and thats no big deal, but now I get to jump on a "platform" (my little joke) and blame the government and an oil company"

How interesting.

I see, so now the green movement decided to turn into a black movement to raise the price of a fuel source they are against?

Nice! Might make some sense in some twisted mind. But the fact is that BP is suppressing the whole thing to avoid having their stocks crashing and half (to not say all of) the politicians are puppets for big corporations like BP so tend to cover for them until the public pressure is big enough to risk their names.

Not to mention that the impact that this will have will be way worst than a few unemployed people. Specially since these jobs can be relocated to other industries that base their business on more environmental friendly fuel sources. On the other hand the impact of this on the entire ecosystem (one that we don't even understand) is irreversible and shouldn't be compromised for the sake of a few.

I really don't care about the fossil based fuel prices, I want to see their prices sky rocketing up to the point where it ceases to be a viable option and people see themselves forced to start adopting other fuel sources that already exist and have far smaller impact on the environment.

Regarding the "oh I've been driving cars" thing we all know that the average population is sheep. So it's up to the authorities (government) to stimulate the usage of alternative and more efficient fuel sources. They just don't because companies like BP bank their campaigns and later on their retirements. So the sheep keep thinking like you and surrender to this system where these bastards make their bucks.

Anyways... looking forward to 2012 in the hope it's the real thing because we as humans surely don't deserve this planet.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I wish other countries would take action and start to put pressure on the US to get this sorted. If this things isn't contained soon and hits any major stream we all be globally screwed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Senators taking flack, now that the oil is heading to florida beaches where millionairs boats and beaches to get hit. Good, I hope the senators can all wake up now. Senators argue against themselves and all mayhan breaking out because of the BP oil spill. BP is turning cameras away because dispersants just making problem worse. Im glad some video got out about this. BP trying to hide the oil problem by trying to push the oil in the water so you cannot see the real extent of the problem. So they use dispersants so the oil sinks in the water. The dispersants are making a problem worse. This is why they have people in boats telling people to go away. BP does not want anyone to see the real truth and be exsposed on video. I say EXSPOSE THEM ALL. Scientists not sure if the cap job will work because the pressure is so high. It only gets worse. Did you know the last ditch attempt will be to nuke it. This problem is way out of hand. The president went over there and hopefully he will kick some butt on BP and send in our own guys to fix the problem.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its gonna be fine folks. Even crude has a natural sink, it may some time but its ok.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Originally posted by Morpheas
S&F.. people need to see these.. it is very bad.. BP needs to stop using dispersants.

People need to stop using fossil fuels and stop helping these bastards to keep living their luxury lives.

When a Russian oil co. drilled down to 40230 feet and discovered massive deposits (Cola-SG3 wells) they proved once and for all that this mysterious substance called oil is not a fossil fuel. The easier to reach stuff is fed from these super deep chambers.
So, with this newfound information, the British attempt to reach a super deep well also but instead of doing it on land, like the Russians, they attempt it by going through 5000ft of water ! When they reach the Cola-SG3 well at 30,000ft the pressure is too high for the platform safety mechanisms and the rig goes under.
Or so the story goes...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by blablablaxyz]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Unbelievable, If I was one of the cleaners on the beach I think I would of thrown a shovel full of oil into the BP CEO face, so he could see what it fills like. What a ecological disaster.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Media bull again. There's nothing more retarded then the medias play on things. Let's bring in some oceanic masters to really show us how badthe problem is. Yeah let's.
No offense but we all know the scope of the situation.
The plan is to destroy our only last sustainable food source.
Let's just all agree that we just need to survive. We just need to survive long enough to be able to poison the same system that has poisoned us time n time again.

Do it for all life. Not just the idiotic species that destroys life

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The problem now not only is effecting the ocean, but has already started effecting where the Mississippi meets the ocean. It gets worse. Boats contaminated with oil traveling up stream. This is a problem also, but is not being mentioned. IT GETS FAR WORSE. The gov't might take action by cutting off the source of the Mississippi so it goes to a trickle. So oil does not get in. What is not being said about on that issue, is that there is power plants that use water to cool things down there. Power plants that use control rods. This BP thing has screwed up so much and is getting worse. How will things end up on the mississippi. It could get VERY UGLY.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have no words to describe that. There is NO WAY to clean that up. Yes we can clean the beaches but look at that mess under water. This would take years if not decade to return to normal. And that's of course if BP can succeed in stopping that leak.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onasty
Media bull again. There's nothing more retarded then the medias play on things. Let's bring in some oceanic masters to really show us how badthe problem is. Yeah let's.
No offense but we all know the scope of the situation.
For once in their careers, the media hype is well and truly warrented. And many people don't know the full scale of it. As BP are doing their best to keep it on the lowdown. For this instance, I can only applaud the media, well, those who are covering it properly. This is the biggest ecological dissaster ever, and it's not even close to being stopped.
BP have dropped the biggest clanger in our history, and they're trying to cover their asses. And to make matters worse, to try and save face, they've dumped a load of poison into the sea, to make it look like they're doing something. How many people would never have heard of this, had it not been for that video and videos like it. The people who would have thought "it's ok now, BP put some dispersent on it, we can forget about it and see what's on the telly"

IMO, this is being massivly under reported. (especially here in the UK)

[edit on 26/5/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
More:

BP CEO caught on tape ordering media to get away from oil-coated beach

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by loam]

Actually, it seemed the guy just wanted the camera crews out of there to actually let him...do his work! I know, I know. Having him want to cover it up is much more exciting to believe but if I were him, and I had multiple douchebags around me with cameras, I'd get frustrated as well. Any of you would.

Does this mean the heads of BP shouldn't be hanged? Of course not. Scumbags should be thrown into the ocean with cement tied to their feet.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey all,

On the topic of "does the US government have the resources and technology to handle the leak (we should find a better, or accurate word like "blowout") directly, I think we do. If someone has already posted this, sorry for missing all the posts on this thread, but for one, try this:

www-odp.tamu.edu...

Also, various Navy and CIA vessels have been employed with nuclear submarine accidents:

www.navsource.org...

These are examples of older deep sea technology we have had for many years, who knows what's out there now since "full spectrum dominance" has been the coda of the US military.

Also, other companies like Shell have been handling these types of problems for years, and while they're not knights in shining armor, environmentally speaking, why not use them as partners in expertise for filling in what the Navy can't do, or doesn't have experience doing themselves. For that matter, if we hadn't been so belligerent towards Venezuela, we could ask Citgo for help.

Give the top kill a chance today, but after that, we don't need nor can we afford to rely on BP.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
that tool on cnn just said that c-130's were passing out disspersant
wonder what kind...?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

WOW!

This government, and these BP crooks are actually getting away with making it worse, this is going to eventually hurt the entire world, but hey they got their money!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks loam for posting this. I know this has been only one of many on this subject you have done. I think it takes a calamity of this magnitude to demonstrate how poorly the system works to look after our best interests.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Seems to me, BP knows their going to go into bankrupsy eventually after this oceonographic massacre.

BP can't sue the Trans-ocean equation -- Transocean don't have the funds. Haliburton?? odd how that gem of a company seemed to disappear from this nightmare equation. Cheney?, where are they?

Whether or not they plug the leaks tonight or in August, British Petroleum is doomed, like the Ocean life to western Europe. This is a super bad, if not the worst disaster since WW2...

Gosh Darn !
Decoy

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama's response to this mess "Plug the Damn Hole" Sure, let me grab my handy ACME oil leak cork. Glad the solution is so simple to a simpleton.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join