It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears Wants to be Frozen After Death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Why am I a troll? If she has the money to go cryogenics, then that is her right, just like any other death plans a person might consider.

She can do whatever she wants, in my opinion, with her body, because she won't any longer be in it.

Who are you to judge how a person decides to and pays for their outgoing plans?

If she has the money, all the best to her remains being in a freezer!

I just think your jealous, actually.

I have relatives who've had ashes shot into space, so? They could afford it, and that was their descision! Why am I to say? Or, you?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think she doesn't want to miss out on the potential new drugs of the future.

How do I start one of the cryo companies? Seems like I could make a few bucks for nothing.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
People love any excuse to bash her. And I love the 2 media sources (so reliable) and the "friend" who supplied the info, the "pal", and the "source." Gimme me a break. Bash away, she's a lot tougher than any of her anonymous internet critics here and elsewhere. And she's a lot richer. And she a lot more talented. And she's a lot better looking. Bash away. She couldn't care less.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
People love any excuse to bash her. And I love the 2 media sources (so reliable) and the "friend" who supplied the info, the "pal", and the "source." Gimme me a break. Bash away, she's a lot tougher than any of her anonymous internet critics here and elsewhere. And she's a lot richer. And she a lot more talented. And she's a lot better looking. Bash away. She couldn't care less.

You're so right!
I hope none of the ugly, smart, untalented, poor people get frozen!
Egads! What would this world become?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

The fact that it's Britney Spears wasn't relevant to the post per se. As far as I am concerned it could have been Humpty Dumpty (forgive me if I spelled that wrong, to all the Mother Goose enthusiasts).

I posted this story to create a discussion on CRYOGENIC FREEZING of the human body. Some scientists argue that this is a next to impossible feat, however some say that with the advancement of nano-technology cryonics may be a possible, still others debate that nano-technology still won't be able to repair what was frozen to it's original form.

Here's a preview of a good article from Scientific American, and as I mentioned in the OP, the effect freezing has on the cells of the body:

Nano Nonsense and Cryonics

Cryonicists believe that people can be frozen immediately after death and reanimated later when the cure for what ailed them is found. To see the flaw in this system, thaw out a can of frozen strawberries. During freezing, the water within each cell expands, crystallizes, and ruptures the cell membranes. When defrosted, all the intracellular goo oozes out, turning your strawberries into runny mush. This is your brain on cryonics.

Cryonicists recognize this detriment and turn to nanotechnology for a solution. Microscopic machines will be injected into the defrosting "patient" to repair the body molecule by molecule until the trillions of cells are restored and the person can be resuscitated. Every religion needs its gods, and this scientistic vision has a trinity in Robert C. W. Ettinger (The Prospect of Immortality), K. Eric Drexler (Engines of Creation) and Ralph C. Merkle (The Molecular Repair of the Brain), who preach that nanocryonics will wash away the sin of death. These works are built on the premise that if you are cremated or buried, you have zero probability of being resurrected--cryonics is better than everlasting nothingness.

I am afraid that there will never be a cure for death, there has to be a balance.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If it didn't violate the TOS, I would so post the "Leave Britney Alone" youtube video in this thread!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Let's not do it and pretend we are.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

..if a link doesn't get posted in a thread, does it make a sound?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

LOL! Please post the video!

What is it with all the celebrity protection on this site? Geez! I'm surprised that nobody has accused us of working for the National Inquirer.

These star protectors are ruining out threads.
1. I start a thread about a performing arts center run by the Rothschilds.
Result: Leave Brit alone!
2. You start a thread about cryogenics.
Result: Leave Brit alone!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

LOL! Please post the video!

I would, but it wouldn't last...too many "f" bombs being dropped in that video
I wish there was a Censored version

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
noooo .. please, lets do a petition against it!! ...

lol, I dont care, who cares?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!

I do find anyone interested in cryogenics quite hilarious though. I would be happy to take someone's money if they are so intent on throwing it away.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I dont care, who cares?

I really don't, I am tempted to just write up a different thread dedicated to the cryonics debate and let this one die a normal death and not be frozen in time to be resurrected at a later date.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Please do

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I'm not that bold, but if there is someone that is (and mind you it will surely be deleted and you may get an Extreme Violation of TOS Warning") bold enough, you know what to do with this:

kHmvkRoEowc

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It's certainly a scientific topic. There is a black & white video online where it shows the Nazi scientists with a dog's head hooked up to electrodes which allows the dog's head to have physical movements as if it were connected to a body. I would post it, but it's very disturbing. I don't even think I could stomach searching for it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I have seen this video, I was a bit weirded out by it. They claimed to be keeping the dog alive. Maybe in the clinical sense perhaps, but there was no life there as far as I could tell.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Two points—Uberl, ironically I wasn’t referring to you, the thread creator. I noticed right away that your interest was in cryogenics. It wasn’t until everyone else started in on her that I posted. I actually am not sympathetic to celebrities. I think they create their own problems. But what I object to is when what's being said about someone--anyone--is false. "Someone said" isn't good enough, and even you, rightly, pointed out the source is dubious.

And since Afterthought has chimed in, I had the same objection to your thread that she’s an illuminati puppet. Do you realize that if you were in the public eye the way she is, not everyone, but millions of people would be laughing at your illuminati conspiracy beliefs--but they’d be true! So it’s easy to sit in anonymity and make up ridiculous things about people--real human beings with real feelings--but I wonder how you’d like it, or if any of you could even take it, the way this girl does.

Lastly, the leave Britney alone video is too hilarious to be a violation of T&C. I think even Spears thinks it's hilarious.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Here's a preview of a good article from Scientific American, and as I mentioned in the OP, the effect freezing has on the cells of the body:

Nano Nonsense and Cryonics

Cryonicists believe that people can be frozen immediately after death and reanimated later when the cure for what ailed them is found. To see the flaw in this system, thaw out a can of frozen strawberries. During freezing, the water within each cell expands, crystallizes, and ruptures the cell membranes. When defrosted, all the intracellular goo oozes out, turning your strawberries into runny mush. This is your brain on cryonics.

The strawberry analogy is a good one. Nothing like turning your brain to mushy goo along with the rest of your body when you freeze it. But the part about nanotechnology repair seems like it came from planet pluto...wait, it's not a planet anymore, but in any case, it's out there. Well, someday we'll probably have it, but it's beyond our current technology.

Much more promising would be "antifreeze" research. Prevent the damage from occurring in the first place and you don't have to repair it. Some frogs are naturally frozen and thawed out with apparently no ill effects:

The Biology of . . . Cryogenics

Wood frogs survive long periods in a deep freeze. Can people do the same?

They call them frogsicles, though they’re partially liquid inside. “Basically, the body turns into a syrupy mass,” Ken Storey says. As far as the frog is concerned, this is nothing out of the ordinary. Like a handful of other creatures, the common wood frog, Rana sylvatica, is a biological conundrum. It spends its winters interned in subzero sleep, its tissues steel-rigid, and revives in the spring raring to go. It’s the Rip van Winkle of the animal world.

Ice crystallizing in the frog’s body cavities draws some of the water from the cells in the flesh and organs. This further concentrates glucose inside the cells, turning it into an antifreeze that keeps the remaining water from solidifying. (Commercial antifreeze is made of a sugar alcohol similar to glucose, called ethylene glycol.) With the antifreeze in its cells, a frog can remain in a torpid state until spring, when its metabolism whirs back to life. “It goes brain dead for a few months, then has little froggy thoughts again,” Ken says.

People don't have those built in biochemical mechanisms, but since we can see and understand how they work, they may not be beyond our reach, and cryonics practicioners realize this.

Scientific Justification of Cryonics Practice

In 1966 a Japanese researcher replaced blood with glycerol to reduce ice formation in cat brains cooled to -20ºC. After 45 days with no blood circulation at -20ºC the revived cat brains demonstrated normal-looking EEG activity7

Cryonics practice has long sought to minimize ice formation by perfusing cryonics
subjects with anti-freeze compounds known as cryoprotectants, traditionally glycerol. As
of 2007 both of the major cryonics organizations doing cryoprotectant perfusions (Alcor
Life Extension Foundation and the Cryonics Institute) claim to have eliminated ice
formation in the brain by the use of vitrification solution, but make no such claim for
other organs or tissues16,17.

So the brain may survive reanimation, but the rest of the body is mush?

Anybody here watch Futurama? In the year 3000 there are a bunch of preserved heads of some of the celebrities we know, though I don't recall seeing Britney's head there. Maybe now we know why, they can preserve the brain better than the rest of the body, or so they claim.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

This is the last time I'm going to address this in someone else's thread.
SOME of the evidence I have presented:
Spears started the camp in 1999. She abandoned it in 2004, then took the downward spiral after her song Toxic became the height of her career.
The camp has planty of dark symbolism if people would visit the website.
It's run by the Rothschild family.
I am perfectly in my rights to use her as an example for my argument that the Rothschild's have used her to promote their camp that is a front for the Phoenix Project, which is planned to be ground zero for American Idol.

I am not demonizing her & neither is the Op of this thread. This thread even backs up the Disney Programming I discuss in my thread.
For the last time - I'm very sorry she has been used & abused by people I think are the root of all evil & need to be brought out of the shadows & into the light. Maybe she needs someone else to reveal it because she isn't able.

Let's just hope the Rothschilds don't get frozen. If this science works, they're the ones who will most certainly be brought back while they decide who gets to melt like popcicles on a summer day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join