It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's chemcast in Pasadena 5/25/10

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Yeah...perfectly normal, especially over the UK. Only thing slightly more impressive is the "IR' bit....

So, a nine-minute video of clouds and contrails?

Laughable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH, and if you were really interested, you'd read this to understand why it is perfectly normal to see a LOT of contrails over the UK, even in the skies above the London area:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Will do. I'll give you a break.
I'm not at all interested in convincing you of anything and don't care if you want to believe.
What bugs me about "chemtrails" is the pseudo science, the common acceptance of quasi-reality and just plain BS in our modern culture. Now THAT wouldn't even bug me if it weren't glorified as somehow being "alternative', "outside the box".

And THAT wouldn't even bug me if most of those "alternate" theorist even understood the box in the first place!!
Hell, even if they knew what the box meant!
I know the above to be true because I saw it on You Tube on the INTERNET!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

You are posting rebuttals on something YOU, as well as I or WE, know very little about.
Do you dispute the video evidence of spraying?

I am sort of an "old" dragger myself, and I have seen FAR WORSE than this crap in my time.

Yet, you seem to be throwing manure on every theory. What is yours, we are all looney.

I am curious.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I was perusing my library's online catalog, looking for a good example of a meteorology book to recommend.

I haven't read this one, but it sounds like it could be helpful to a great many people here on ATS:

The weather identification handbook
Dunlop, Storm.

Summary
What does it mean when there is a corona around the moon? How do you tell the difference between stratocumulus and nimbostratus clouds? THE WEATHER IDENTIFICATION HANDBOOK is an essential guide to the many different types of phenomena that may be observed, and also gives brief details of the weather that may be expected. The following topics are covered in a reader-friendly format: Cloud classification; How to identify different cloud types and how they relate to forthcoming weather; How clouds are formed; Optical phenomena; Precipitation; Wind; Severe weather; Weather systems; Satellite images and weather maps. Full of beautiful color photographs and diagrams, THE WEATHER IDENTIFICATION HANDBOOK is essential for the outdoor photographer, adventurer, or meteorological enthusiast. It is also perfect for any parent whose child asks the proverbial question, "Why is the sky blue?" Distributed by Syndetic Solutions, Inc.

Why not trot down to YOUR local library and learn something??

(Great name for the author of a meteorology book, eh?)

[edit on 26 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weedwhacker.....

I've been flying, by now, for over 40 years.

Don't you think it's about time you landed?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

yeah....(sigh)...my arms are getting a little tired...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I agree. Weathermen do talk about chemtrails. Here's an example.

Pro-Chemtrail Meteorologists Website

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

I agree. Weathermen do talk about chemtrails. Here's an example.
Pro-Chemtrail Meteorologists Website

Marrr.....

The only "weathermen" that support the chemtrail position are either.....

1. Ignorant & uneducated.....or

2. Intentional hoaxers who desire attention & or money

Would you like me to refer you to some good quality material that will demonstrate to you there is no such thing as a chemtrail?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Certainly I was paying attention and heard him call it chaff. What I thought was interesting was not what he thought it was, but what he thought it was not. He neither thought it was clouds nor did he think it was contrails.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Yes. And he was right.
Clouds and contrails (really both the same thing) do not show up on radar. Chaff does because that is what it is supposed to do.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Studies and research have a funny way of supporting the side of those who fund them. I'm sorry, my mind is made up on this issue.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If that is true, then what are the weathermen showing us when they show radar images of weather systems moving through areas?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hey guys I've been lurking on these forums for a while now but after reading this thread I decided to sign up. I wanted to post these 2 pictures I took on my cellphone a few months ago in February. I was driving through the Inland Empire in Southern California when I noticed this:

The 2 pictures were taking within minutes of each other. I didnt notice the other ball of light that seemed to move in the pictures until I saw this thread and went back to check out the pictures I took. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Pay close attention....clouds don't show up on radar...the WATER in them...the LIQUID water does.

We have airborne radar on the airplanes (the passenger jets you ride in).

It only 'paints' water. (AND, it can also 'paint' the ground, we can tilt the antenna up and down. There is a mode called 'MAP' specifically for that. It's only useful, though, at picking out coastlines and islands and such. In THAT case, it DOESN'T "paint" the water! Too flat...only picks up the bumby land masses).

If a storm cloud is ahead, and is dry (not fully mature yet) and it's dark...we can't always see it on the radar. One reason we like a bright moonlit night, especially over the Pacific and equatorial latitudes. Big bumpies grow tall, there.

Even dry HAIL sometimes won't show...but, if you know how hail is formed, it usually is quite wet, so we pick that up. There's almost always a lot of water associated with it.

I guess...there is SO MUCH the average layperson just doesn't understand, or know....little wonder they're so easily fooled by these "chemtrail" hoax claims.

What a shame......

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Thanks! I appreciate the explanation (although you could have omitted the snarky "pay close attention"). My confusion on the point is that I've always equated clouds with moisture, but what you're saying then is, it's a matter of quantity, or maybe I should say moisture density, that allows radar to pick it up--am I understanding this correctly?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What a difference a day makes! I just took these at the same location as yesterday's photos. This is Southern California weather at its best. Fantastic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/606ed2267d72.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b0eb15f2b46.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2d4c753ca8e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

Studies and research have a funny way of supporting the side of those who fund them. I'm sorry, my mind is made up on this issue.

Marrr.....

In that case, I confirm the following, in context with the recent posts we have just shared:

The only "weathermen" that support the chemtrail position are either.....

1. Ignorant & uneducated.....or

2. Intentional hoaxers who desire attention & or money

You would NOT like me to refer you to some good quality material that will demonstrate to you there is no such thing as a chemtrail.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that this is happening in vancouver british columbia as well at least 3 times a week and almost every weekend.

when i see a normal contrail it seems to flow out but when i see these other planes it seems to spew out. Also all the planes that leave the big trail all seem to look the same, pure white no windows no decals

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Yes.
The upper air conditions have changed since yesterday. For example:
Today at 30,684 feet the temperature was -40.1º C and the relative humidity was 27%. Yesterday the temperature was -39.5º and the relative humidity was 64%. A smidge colder but much drier today. That is why there are no contrails.

weather.uwyo.edu...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cool! I wish I would have know about this site a long time ago. I always thought there wasn't a way to check on the upper altitude conditions. It will be interesting to see over time how these readings correlate with ground observations. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join