It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to send 12,000 troops to the US Mexican border!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
lets hope the 1,200 troops are to secure the boarder, and not there to hand out "vote for a democrat" leaflets.

I jest, but I've pretty much lost all faith in the US government after the last 15years.

(And no I'm not republican or pro republican... well except for when it comes to Ron Paul and hes pretty different from your "standard" republican)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Alxandro

Take it easy for a second. What we need to do is try to stop the flow of illegals from getting into this country. Get Mexico back up and running again so many would stop coming here illegally.

What won't help Mexico is millions of gallons of oil killing the ecosystem. I'm predicting the immigration problem will get worse.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The article is wrong as is the title of this post.

The total number of troops to be sent is 1200.

McCain, wants 6000 sent which would be much more effective.

"In a speech Tuesday on the Senate floor, Mr. McCain said the situation on the border has "greatly deteriorated." He called for 6,000 National Guard troops to be sent to the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I appreciate the additional 1,200 being sent…as well as an additional $500 million, but it's simply not enough," Mr. McCain said."

Source:

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Knowing the Obama administration I wouldn't be suprised if he was sending 1,200 armed troops to AZ in order to force the state agencies to stop enforcing the illegal immigration laws.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Like I said in similar thread.

2 Guards per mile on a lookout tower. You could cover 500 miles with a 1,000 troops.

Teach them all to be snipers. Post notices in Spanish 5 miles ahead to warn the Illegals that if they step into the border or attempt to, the troops have orders to fire.

If they try and get within 1,000 years to the outpost, you give a warning shot. They come within 800 yards you shoot.

Night vision can also be used along with other tech we currently. The border crossings can literally be stopped in a month. If you adopted a hard line approach. But the morons in Washington don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

And this 1,200 troops? Where are they going to be stationed? What will their duties be?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by freshwreckage

BTW OP. next time can you link to a better source. First they got the number wrong, second, it's a one liner 'article' which isn't an article at all.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Several points here:

1) They are National Guard troops, not regular Army.
2) Only 1,200 troops are being sent.
3) They will only be used in a support capacity; ex. intelligence, training, engineering, etc. As was the case in 2006, they WILL NOT be armed nor will they actually be on the border itself.

We don't need 1,200 hobby soldiers playing Auxiliary Border Patrol. We need 100,000+ combat troops plus whatever number of support troops are needed from the REGULAR ARMY on the border in a direct border security role.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Obama does not have the mental capacity to send any troops to defend this nation from invasion period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join