It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant exodus: Lack of jobs has Mexicans headed home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
we are just switching from Mexicans
to Burmese and Thai's

And in Texas, the prison system has employed Nigerians and Mexicans as guards!! Not kidding!

Not enough Texans (or other Americans) to fill these jobs??

No, I am not mad at the visa holder or illegal worker. I am madder than hell at the people/businesses that employ them! That's been the root of the problem.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

All I can say is that they best have their legal immigration papers, because the AZ law applies to them as well.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
Sad thing is, these are the "good" ones.

The criminals/gangs won't go home and find work. They're staying.

Thats the real issue here.

I have never had a problem with a man coming to this country, legally or illegally, if it was with the honest intention of making a better life for himself and providing for his family.

What people overlook is the rest of the population that sneaks in along with them. The gang bangers, drug traffickers, rapists, murderers, kidnappers, the ones who come here with the intention of bringing Mexican corruption with them, the ones who view coming to America as a means of exploiting our system or taking over our states for the benefit of Mexicans.

My uncles used to run a tobacco farm, and every year they would bring up the same dozen or so Mexican workers to come up and earn money working the fields. They gave them a decent wage, a place to live and treated them well. Many became almost like family. They would come up for the summer, make as much money as they could, and at the beginning of the Fall they would return home.

Win win situation, everyone involved was fine with it. Then the explosion of illegals began, the gangs started taking foothold, and the ones who were coming had no interest in either working or leaving.

Make no mistake there are two types of Mexican immigrants, and the bad ones have ruined it for the honest ones.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

going home and coming back when it gets better ???

really ???

anybody find this odd that they can come and go
as they please when the economy is good???

your thoughts

They don't love this country like we do. To them, its a place to be exploited. If they cant do that, they'll go back to the other country they don't give a damn about.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If my kids leave jars of honey opened in the kitchen, we get plagued by ants.

Should I hate the ants for finding food where they can?
Should scoop them up and carry them back to where they came from?
Should I attack them one by one in the hope that one day I'll have eliminated the last of them?

Or should I teach the brats to keep the lids on the jars?

For years, employers have been importing illegals and refusing to pay decent American wages. The employers are lining their own pockets at the expense of fellow Americans. And they are lowering wages in general through all the competition from illegals.

Yet the manipulated/manipulating racists here, who want to treat all Mexican-looking people as illegals, (note the intentional confusing of immigrant and illegal in this thread,) are playing into the tyrants' hands by attacking the ants instead of closing the honey jars ...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've heard about every argument against a race of people who have been here for years.

en.wikipedia.org...

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[2] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 57% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 24% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[3] 9% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe; and 4% were from the rest of the world.[3]

---

Our elected officials have done nothing over the years. And they allowed all the 'illegal workers' to get health care for years. The US of A is the promised land for many, as you can see. And I have many friends of all cultures.

But NOW the degradation of Mexican people. NOW.

We are being called to hate every past thing about Mexico NOW

I see this is why:

www.state.gov...

Mexico is also a major recipient of remittances, sent mostly from the U.S. Remittances average around U.S. $21 billion per year, and are the country’s second-largest source of foreign currency, after oil.

---

It's always been for the oil. This mass propaganda campaign really tops the cake. Hate! Hate!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
Yea, and probably India, etc. We'll be the taxi drivers.
Or so says Ron Paul!

question:

can taxi drivers carry AK-47's ???
If not they need to
driving in some of these places
u might even need a tank, lol

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr

going home and coming back when it gets better ???

really ???

anybody find this odd that they can come and go
as they please when the economy is good???

your thoughts

They don't love this country like we do. To them, its a place to be exploited. If they cant do that, they'll go back to the other country they don't give a damn about.

A couple of facts to balance the conversation.

www.azfb.org...

(page 3)
American companies farm more than 45,000 acres in Mexico, employing more than 11,000 workers.

and talk about exploitation....

isla.igc.org...

The migrant Oaxacans work on the big farms picking tomatoes, vegetables, fruit and cotton. They are not aware that the poisons srpayed on the plants to kill the various types of insects, worms, and blights, affect also the health of human beings and can even kill them. We don't have an exact percentage of people affected, or killed by pesticides. However, in almost every community where there is a strong migration, someone has died at an early age due to problems with pesticides. In 1988, for example, an entire family of five from Santa Catarina Noltepec died in Baja California. They were poisoned by the pesticides sprayed on the fields where they worked.

I talked to a labor union lobbyist who said there were big problems trying to stop U.S. farm owners, or should we say, the corp america farm suppliers to STOP spraying strawberry farm workers with pesticides while in the fields....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I read reports of up to 1 million immigrants went back home in 2008 alone, and we have a net-emigration as of right now.. all due to lack of jobs.

And it's funny I read this thread, I was just watching World News on ABC and they were discussing the AZ Immigration law.. they had their camera focused on some Hispanics outside a store flagging down trucks looking for work .. in the midst, and I've never seen this, a tall gangly very, very white guy lol.. looked like he was probably a engineer or something now doing day labor. I my self do some day labor work, i've been told by some guys I've worked projects on that they usually hire Mexicans but there's been an influx of skilled Americans working for cheap.

So they leave.. they will be back within a few months no doubt, as the media reports a "growing economy" the Mexicans will catch wind and head back, whether there are jobs or not.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
So they leave.. they will be back within a few months no doubt, as the media reports a "growing economy" the Mexicans will catch wind and head back, whether there are jobs or not.

to me that is a huge part of the problem.

Our border has an open-door policy.

So don't be surprised when the dogs
come in and take a $h!+ on your
living room rug and WE have to
clean it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join