It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant exodus: Lack of jobs has Mexicans headed home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarianMove to Canada or England... illegally? Yeah, those are short trips through the desert... just take a right at Albuquerque.

So people who work illegally in the U.S. but got there through plane and were allowed to stay because they said it was just a "vacation trip" are legals?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

>snip<

In mexico, with a local peasant kid as my guide... I toured a jungle valley up the mountains from Veracruz, near where the high plateau drops off towards the now soiled gulf. That child proudly showed me a mountain side... not a hill, a mountain,, at a 40 degree angle.. that was dotted with hand dug mounds bearing single corn stalks.

When I asked father why there were no animals, no birds, no monkeys, to be seen.. in the jungle, father said.. "The peasants have eaten everything that moves"

Most americans have never known hunger.

I assure you, when you do, you will find the prospect of swimming across a river like the Rio Grande will seem a trifle.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by seataka]

How touching.
No animals... um, okay.
No birds... yet again, um, okay.
No monkeys? Not many primates in North America.

So how about "hand a person some papers, they fill them out properly, and they come across the border"?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Run! Run my scoundrel brethren! We shall wait, we shall be patient... We must return to our caves where we shall watch from a distance, and when the time is right, we will return, our numbers will darken the skies of every Wal-Mart, and when we are done, the Americans will plead for the jobs we've forced out of their shaking hands! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Edit: Responding to the above post, we'll also eat all your animals (domestic housepets too!) because we already ate all the ones in Mexico.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Tetrarch42]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Like someone said previously.

Rats leaving the sinking ship. Rats don't pay for tickets. Rats aren't passengers. Rats don't care about the passengers...only their access to cheese.

Leaches do the same. When the host starts dying, they jump to another host.

I could go on but you get the point.

And no I DON'T apologize for the analogies.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
reply to post by boondock-saint

This is what I see wrong with the article:

"In response, however, employers have chosen other ways to find cheap foreign labor. Mountaire Farms, which runs a large poultry-processing plant in Lumber Bridge, is said to have hired a contractor to supply immigrant workers from Burma and Thailand. The contractor provides transportation to the plant, meals and living quarters for the workers, according to an official at the plant."

Transportation, meals, living quarters? Why not pay a living wage and hire an American to do the work? A living wage to an American cannot cost more than Room, Board, transportation and a low wage to a worker.

Heck I'd take the low wage for the room and board, dang we can't get jobs like that anymore, nobody wants to provide a US citizen a living quarters!!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Except that we're like a special breed of super rats(with cool bandanas and a knack for making tacos!) that can swim very well, so when the ship is sinking we run back to our mud huts and wait it out until someone repairs that ship. Then BAM! Before ya' know it, you'll be crawling with us again!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Did something change here. Like the mexican law. IT is illeagal for a mexican to leave the country there. They simply go to jail when they get back. Are all the mexican jails all full over there now and they do not care anymore about the law, so they let them back in? I do not think so, I beleive they are moving to states that do not pass the AZ law. SHOW ME a video of a 1000 illegals going out of U.S.A. and where does the bus go.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Rats fleeing a sinking ship, They don't have to tuff it out with the rest of us... So it's up to the American citizens to rebuild this country, just to have the illegals flood back in droves to cause the problem all over again. This is of course, that is if... we can get ourselves out of this?

In mexico, with a local peasant kid as my guide... I toured a jungle valley up the mountains from Veracruz, near where the high plateau drops off towards the now soiled gulf. That child proudly showed me a mountain side... not a hill, a mountain,, at a 40 degree angle.. that was dotted with hand dug mounds bearing single corn stalks.

When I asked father why there were no animals, no birds, no monkeys, to be seen.. in the jungle, father said.. "The peasants have eaten everything that moves"

I assure you, when you do, you will find the prospect of swimming across a river like the Rio Grande will seem a trifle.

What a sad story. Since your post reeks of moral superiority on your part, I assume you did the right thing and sold all of your worldly possessions to feed the residents of this poor village. Right?

The richest man on the entire planet is a Mexican who lives in Mexico. Spare me your guilt trip.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by azguyblahblah

Whoa I thought this was bunk, but I just found out it is true!!!!! Why doesn't he spend his billions making his country better? SHEESH.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing

This is what I see wrong with the article:

"In response, however, employers have chosen other ways to find cheap foreign labor. Mountaire Farms, which runs a large poultry-processing plant in Lumber Bridge, is said to have hired a contractor to supply immigrant workers from Burma and Thailand. The contractor provides transportation to the plant, meals and living quarters for the workers, according to an official at the plant."

Transportation, meals, living quarters? Why not pay a living wage and hire an American to do the work? A living wage to an American cannot cost more than Room, Board, transportation and a low wage to a worker.

Yes, this is what has been happening for 25 years now, right under American workers noses!! As a way to stem the (oil driven) 1970's inflation, workers wages in the 1980's would be made to suffer (first by layoffs, then by outsourcing work and "insourcing", allowing illegal workers to join the workforce), while a watchful eye was kept on corporate profit.

The only leverage workers had for wages, working conditions, and benefits was through unions or brotherhoods of workers. But unions were demonized and broken by corporations and the politicians in their pockets (corporate sympathizers).

Also, illegal workers, or workers whose command of English was limited and on contract, as in the article, would not complain of unsafe working conditions (such as at a meat processing/packing plant). Pretty soon, Americans are told that there are more and more jobs Americans wouldn't do, thus creating an excuse to bring in more low wage workers.

Read to help understand what happened.

Among the first actions taken by President Reagan was to fire the air traffic controllers, signaling the end to union support, and to remove the solar panels from the White House, signaling a return to America's dependence on oil for energy. And so we end up today with the above story and a BP oil spill of epic proportions.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I keep hearing rumors that there will be illegal immigration to Mexico fron the US one day

That will get you two years for the first offense , and ten years in prison for the second. nice huh?

Not anymore being illegal in mexico no longer carries a prison sentance. Didn't you listen to Calderon when Wolf asked him about it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by azguyblahblah

"Richest".. you don't see the Rothschilds on top of the Forbes list do you? The real billionaires are mostly unknown and their assets are hidden.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think the most interesting issue with our borders isn't immigration plans to keep illegals out, but Homeland Security plans to keep citizens in. What's DHS's plan for making a 100 mile constitution free zone all around the border?

www.aclu.org...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Not anymore being illegal in mexico no longer carries a prison
sentence. Didn't you listen to Calderon when Wolf asked him
about it.

No I didn't hear that
I had to turn Calderon off after he
criticized AZ for it's new law.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by azguyblahblah

Originally posted by Target Earth
Rats fleeing a sinking ship, They don't have to tuff it out with the rest of us... So it's up to the American citizens to rebuild this country, just to have the illegals flood back in droves to cause the problem all over again. This is of course, that is if... we can get ourselves out of this?

What a sad story. Since your post reeks of moral superiority on your part, I assume you did the right thing and sold all of your worldly possessions to feed the residents of this poor village. Right?

The richest man on the entire planet is a Mexican who lives in Mexico. Spare me your guilt trip.

Also Known as: "You Too Fallacy"
Description of Ad Hominem Tu Quoque

This fallacy is committed when it is concluded that a person's claim is false because 1) it is inconsistent with something else a person has said or 2) what a person says is inconsistent with her actions. This type of "argument" has the following form:

1. Person A makes claim X.
2. Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X. 3. Therefore X is false.

The fact that a person makes inconsistent claims does not make any particular claim he makes false (although of any pair of inconsistent claims only one can be true - but both can be false). Also, the fact that a person's claims are not consistent with his actions might indicate that the person is a hypocrite but this does not prove his claims are false.

www.nizkor.org...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

look I get it, why they want to be here... but enough is enough. If they spent as much effort as they spend getting out of Mexico in maybe fixing Mexico, it might be a nice place to live. But I think for the most part Hard working Americans of every race our sick of seeing our tax dollars go to feed, them and pay for their Children... to pay for their hospitalization ect.... What do we get back in return, crime and violence...
We are sick of free loaders, We owe them nothing. because all we have done for them is spit back on our face.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You know a really good fence would fix this.. a fence not of steel but of men with guns ready and willing to shoot.

Don't blast me for that. If someone crosses over illegally, he's a lawbreaker and needs to be stopped by force if necessary.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
Except that we're like a special breed of super rats(with cool bandanas and a knack for making tacos!) that can swim very well, so when the ship is sinking we run back to our mud huts and wait it out until someone repairs that ship. Then BAM! Before ya' know it, you'll be crawling with us again!

Rats that have access to the Internet too I see.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Immigrant exodus: Lack of jobs
has Mexicans headed home

Another thread purposely blurring the line between immigrants and illegals.

Wasn't the problem the "illegals"? Or is it just Mexicans=illegals?

Anyway isn't an exodus good news? Or would it be better to exterminate them so they will not come back?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by belidged

I think the most interesting issue with our borders isn't immigration plans to keep illegals out, but Homeland Security plans to keep citizens in. What's DHS's plan for making a 100 mile constitution free zone all around the border?

www.aclu.org...

OMG !!!
I didn't know about that Constitution-Free Zone.
The site said this happened in 2008.
This kind of $h!+ just disgust me.
What the he!! has happened to America???
Bush was in office when this went into effect.
Damn, we need a revolution .... BADDDDDD !!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join