It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant exodus: Lack of jobs has Mexicans headed home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Immigrant exodus: Lack of jobs
has Mexicans headed home

Two Hispanic men wait to board a bus outside El Ranchero Mexican
grocery in Lumberton NC.

RAEFORD NC
Arizona officials say they are overrun with Mexicans. In Hoke County,
though, Mexicans seem to be heading home.

"Nobody wants to give us steady work," Dagoberto Garcia said in
Spanish as he waited with four other men under the shade of an
awning. "For many years, places like the meat-processing plants
and farms welcomed us with open arms. Today, they won't even let
us on the premises to apply for work.

"I'm going home and coming back when it gets better."

Raeford mobile home park owner Isidoro Basurto said scores of
Mexican families have re-crossed the border in the past year,
resigned to tougher immigration enforcement and a bad economy
north of the Rio Grande.

"I can tell you, 99 percent of the people that move from this mobile
home park, they go back to Mexico," Basurto said.

www.fayobserver.com...

+5 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
going home and coming back when it gets better ???

really ???

anybody find this odd that they can come and go
as they please when the economy is good???

your thoughts

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
going home and coming back when it gets better ???

really ???

anybody find this odd that they can come and go
as they please when the economy is good???

your thoughts

The person who said this has apparently been here before. How many
times, it doesn't matter. Once is too much as it was illegal to begin with.
If this person had been here legally, he wouldn't have to worry about
having to "go home". He has waltzed across the border with impunity
before, so he will be back when things get better for them. Good grief !

The next time he might be met with stiff resistance by people who have
had enough of this crap. Stay home amigo, or try to come here legally and
see how it goes.

No, I am not being racist.
No, I am not profiling.
No, I am not against mexicans.

Just come here legally in the future. That's all it takes. Pretty simple.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well you know the economy is bad when even the Illegals can't find work.

Nice find!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Rats fleeing a sinking ship, They don't have to tuff it out with the rest of us... So it's up to the American citizens to rebuild this country, just to have the illegals flood back in droves to cause the problem all over again. This is of course, that is if... we can get ourselves out of this?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I keep hearing rumors that there will be illegal immigration to Mexico fron the US one day

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Too bad they probably won't find a decent job back in Mexico, most of them leave the country because they have no education and U.S. was the answer, now i wonder what they'll do? come back and get a mediocre job for mediocre payment? move to Canada illegally and hope to find a job? perhaps England? join the cartels?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Rizaun]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I keep hearing rumors that there will be illegal immigration to Mexico fron the US one day

would that be US Citizens crossing over
or Mexicans returning home???

And if it's US Citizens crossing over .....
don't expect anywhere near the fine treatment
illegal immigrants get here.

Calderon will put ur @$$ in prison

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

This is what I see wrong with the article:

"In response, however, employers have chosen other ways to find cheap foreign labor. Mountaire Farms, which runs a large poultry-processing plant in Lumber Bridge, is said to have hired a contractor to supply immigrant workers from Burma and Thailand. The contractor provides transportation to the plant, meals and living quarters for the workers, according to an official at the plant."

Transportation, meals, living quarters? Why not pay a living wage and hire an American to do the work? A living wage to an American cannot cost more than Room, Board, transportation and a low wage to a worker.

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Guess you didn't read the part about them coming back.

You see, that's the way it works.

Economy blooming=illegals coming=Americans overlooking the problem.

Economy bad=illegals leaving= Americans blaming illegals for all their woes.

link   

That will get you two years for the first offense , and ten years in prison for the second. nice huh?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sad thing is, these are the "good" ones.

The criminals/gangs won't go home and find work. They're staying.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Guess you didn't read the part about them coming back.

ya know I'm beginning to think that the
Gov is tanking the economy on purpose
to make them go home.

tis a theory anyway

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
The criminals/gangs won't go home and find work. They're staying.

that makes the round-up a lot easier
don't you think??? Separate the grass
from the weeds makes mowing a lot easier.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Crossing the Mexico - California border 3,000-4,000 dollars and that was how much the going rate was 4 years ago. Cost of applying for citizenship 675.00 for the application 595.00 application fee and 80.00 for fingerprinting. becoming a citizen of the U.S priceless! It's worth the wait. It was for my grandparents anyways. If it's not worth the wait then you don't want to be here!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
Mountaire Farms, which runs a large poultry-processing plant in Lumber Bridge, is said to have hired a contractor to supply immigrant workers from Burma and Thailand.

lmao, guess businesses has found people
that will work cheaper than Mexicans.

wonder how the Mexicans feel knowing
that they were undercut by competition???

and you bring up some other valid points as well

[edit on 24-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal
Like the movie "fortress" starring christopher lambert? I think its entirely possible. Already we have threads being started by people who want to leave America. Its only a matter of time when this "you will want us to keep you safe" police\ corporate state approaches totalatrian (sp?) Levels.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Do you mean like this?

source: from the net, author unknown

MOVING TO MEXICO

"Dear President Obama: I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking(bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flagpoles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. Flag from my house top, put U S. Flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need Income tax credits so although I don't pay Mexican taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Gov't pays $4,500 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U..S. From Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely..

Thank you so much for your kind help. You're the man!!! "

[edit on 24-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rizaun
Too bad they probably won't find a decent job back in Mexico, most of them leave the country because they have no education and U.S. was the answer, now i wonder what they'll do?

What's a decent job in Mexico? One where you make enough to get by? And that's compared to a decent job in the US where you might make enough to get by "here" but get a few amigos together, viven en un apartamente, send the money home to La Madre en la Hacienda, along with money from los otros here, and she's living like a queen.

But anyhow, you don't need an education to work in the US? If the illegals can work here without an education, why not Americans?
Suggestion: get rid of the illegals and give the jobs to the US high-school dropouts who may need a job. Or keep the illegals and "tier" wages: illegals= $2.00 an hour, legal $6.00 an hour; and tax employers 400% for illegals and 25% for legal.

come back and get a mediocre job for mediocre payment?

I thought that's why they're here: taking jobs Americans won't do... the mediocre; the menial?

move to Canada illegally and hope to find a job? perhaps England? join the cartels?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Rizaun]

Move to Canada or England... illegally? Yeah, those are short trips through the desert... just take a right at Albuquerque.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Rats fleeing a sinking ship, They don't have to tuff it out with the rest of us... So it's up to the American citizens to rebuild this country, just to have the illegals flood back in droves to cause the problem all over again. This is of course, that is if... we can get ourselves out of this?

There are towns in the boondocks of mexico where there are no men left of working age at all, they all went to America!

Trying to fan animosity between fellow inhabitants of this earth whose primary "CRIME" is being hungry is an agenda of the NWO. Ignorant folks tend to be easy marks for such incites

There is plenty on this earth for every need but there is never enough to satisfy greed.

The amounts spent on weapons than maim, kill and poison humans are enough to feed, cloth, hospitalize and educate every human.

In mexico, with a local peasant kid as my guide... I toured a jungle valley up the mountains from Veracruz, near where the high plateau drops off towards the now soiled gulf. That child proudly showed me a mountain side... not a hill, a mountain,, at a 40 degree angle.. that was dotted with hand dug mounds bearing single corn stalks.

When I asked father why there were no animals, no birds, no monkeys, to be seen.. in the jungle, father said.. "The peasants have eaten everything that moves"

Most americans have never known hunger.

I assure you, when you do, you will find the prospect of swimming across a river like the Rio Grande will seem a trifle.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by seataka]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join