It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we take a stand against BP and other gas stations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I recently posted a thread about boycotting gas for a certain date, it was deleted due to *recruitment, sorry ATS! I think we should all try to put our minds together and find a creative ways to "stick it to the man" persay. I believe we also need to share all the new information with our friends and family because it seems as if the most up to date info on this situation is coming from ATS. Should we simply walk/ ride bikes more? What are some simple things we can do and teach others?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not trying to be mean but there are too many lazy people on the planet.

I know of LOTS of people that will not walk 1\4 mile to the store.And they all live less than 1\4 mile from me.Multiply that times the area of the U.S. and you can see where I am coming from.

It is not going to work if you can only convince 1 out of 1000 on the planet.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

Well, i feel better about myself atleast trying. I know where you are coming from, but we all should try and make a stand somehow!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It surprised me to hear on the CNN or Fox news (I watch both) that the US government siad it has no power or authority to do any thing to force BP -Big Business-to clean this mess up nor does the US government had the legal power to get BP to do shut this thing off. Even limited to the clean up solution (??? did I hear this right??) That the Obama Adminstration as fustrated with the siutation.

Odd.. the US Government don't seem to have a problem taking over Banks, when they needed a bail out. Or taking control of USA car factories and even in USA Citizens lives they have creap in..so where's the problem?

I am sure 'They' will find a way to use this disaster to bring in 'Their New World Order' closer.

Short of a miracle...there's not much us regular people can do. I just hope there's no hurricanes this season. It would get spread around in the air too if it did and make matters worst.
It's in Gods Hands now.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

reply to post by ziggyproductions05

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtowermaya

everything you said I agree with. There WILL be hurricanes this year. The time is coming and the question is are we already too late?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's not the worst thing to take a stand and try and hit them where it hurts, but I beleive simply trying to stick it to BP is severely short-sighted.

BP is not the only major player that 'screwed the pooch' here. They are just the only non-American company, which is why they are getting all of the negative press.

Don't hear a lot about the fact that Halliburton has been involved in over half of these types of accidents, do ya?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree 100%

I have been trying for 30 years,With so little effect that it is not worth mentioning.

How do we convince everyone on the planet at the same time.

People need to put their priorities in order,And #1 should be the welfare of the planet for our great,great,great grandchildrens sake not ours here now.

Most people think of themselves (here and now)not their childrens children.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Let's just end the love affair with the car! I think that would be a good start.
Let's ban the Hummers and the pointless 4x4's!

We can't keep blaming BP, after all we buy their oil, one way or the other. they were the best thing since sliced bread until this happened.

People have such short memories. I dispair for the sea creatures, poor souls were so innocent in all of this> As for the fisherman...i bet they all have cars?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
One thing we all need to do is make our life liveable without cars and transportation! How many people could not live without having their vehicle? We need more centralized hospitals, places to shop, places to furnish us with basic things needed to live!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Boycotts rarely have any real effect, even less so the bigger the company gets. This holistic bleeding heart mentality for the poor dying fish and what-not? Probably even less effect than a boycott. If you're taking a situation that you have zero control over this seriously, it's probably time to change the channel.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Fiscal]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

WE have DOMINION, what people do not understand is that WE as human beings, born of the earth, HAVE DOMINION over ALL natural resources, they belong to everyone. Just because you have the ability and wherewithall to extract it from the ground, DOES NOT MAKE IT YOURS!!! It belongs to everyone in the area or State in which it is retrieved. This is why we have been enslaved and dumbed down. If we demand equal share int he resource, they must release it to us.

The wealthy became that way because they are crooks and liars. They have stolen your Divinity and Dominion from you. It is time we took it back. We must demand an equal share of the resource WITHOUT us paying for it. It is rightfully ours. The people of the earth must unite and demand what is rightfully ours. Just because a wealthy individual lays claim to a resource does not make it entirely his. We must share and share alike. But the wealthy have always hoarded everything to hold power over others. ENOUGH ALREADY, wake up and demand your equal share.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
why would you boycott gas stations? if u want to boycott get a bike because i fully doubt you walk to the supermarket.....what about when ur internet connection doesn't work and u call someone to fix it....guess what? they are probably going to drive to fix ur net

Stop being a hypocrite with this boycott oil thing.....unless u live in a cave or in the jungle u really have no right to boycott when u use oil based products everyday

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I certainly wouldn't want to suggest that you firebomb their stations or shoot the CEOs of BP & Halliburton,

but you can call your congress people, senators & whitehouse TODAY & raise a kind of political hell that is virtually unbearable.

Multiple millions of gallons of oil plus natural gas is spewing out each day,

and both BP AND the US government have been lying to you about that.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As long as consumers consume the products they make, they will always be in control. Ask yourself what kind of car do you drive, and how often?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
pour motor oil all over the pump handles

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, it woulnt be fair to the gas station owner who is simply doing his job. They dont really work directly for amocco, shell, mobil ect. thier just mechanic shops selling the name. dont think sabatoging thier gas woould be fair.
maybe if you got inside amocooca refinery somehow, disguise yourself aas a worker..pour hundreds of lbs of sugar into the gas mix
kitty litter,s and..peoples engines would end up ruined, causing an enormous line of lawsuites and money then
just a fun n mischevous idea

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why would you punish the owner of the gas station? he has nothing to do with the oil leak. Same with the clerks that will have to be laid of if business drops due to your disruption. What about the Coca Cola driver that will lose another account if the place shut down? etc..etc...etc.
This is why these types of boycotts don't make sense and end up hurting people that were not directly involved with the reason you are pissed off about.

I don't think the CEO of BP gives a darn about your boycott or who suffer because of it. It probably will not hurt his overseas accounts any.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I couldn't agree more

second line

[edit on 24-5-2010 by rtcctr]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You can go HERE, and sign the petition to boycott BP.

I did it, even if it doesnt' ammount to much it's doing something..

~Keeper

[edit on 5/24/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The best thing you can do is get educated and educate others. Ethanol is a very viable clean solution to this problem and can be done grass roots. However I have found that most of what people have heard about ethanol is lies put out by big oil. Even here on ATS if you mention Ethanol a bunch of people will come and claim it is not viable and repeat the many myths and lies about it without doing thier homework.

For those interested in getting educated on this start here: alcoholcanbeagas.com...

I have his book and have done a bunch of research and we could be off the majority of oil and cease imports in a couple years if we would pursue this. It would jump start the economy and clean up the environment etc. etc.

To anyone who says it can't work Brazil has already proven that wrong. They use ethanol for 50% of thier fuel and import no oil! Again people need to do the research.

You might want to start on this page as it is an excerpt of his well researched and cited book and debunks several of the myths people have heard:

alcoholcanbeagas.com...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by hawkiye]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join