It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK doctor at heart of vaccine row banned from practice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

UK doctor at heart of vaccine row banned from practice

news.yahoo.com

LONDON (Reuters) – A doctor whose claims of links between vaccination and autism triggered a scientific storm before being widely discredited was struck off Britain's medical register on Monday for professional misconduct.

Dr Andrew Wakefield's 1998 study led many parents to refuse to have their children vaccinated with the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) shot and has been blamed for a big rise in measles cases in the United States and parts of Europe in recent years.

A disciplinary panel of the General Medical Council (GMC) found that Wakefield had acted in a "dishonest," "misle
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
well dang, talk about CENSORSHIP.

is the UK becoming totalitarian?

..............................................................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................................................

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

shot and has been blamed for a big rise in measles cases in the United States and parts of Europe in recent years.

A big rise? You mean a couple of dozen cases out of millions of kids? You mean those cases that were overly hyped until it was learned that many of the kids were actually vaccinated?

My son had a reaction to his vaccines. He as very premature and battling already hard odds, and his doctor decided it was ok to go ahead an give the little 6 lb 5 month old a bunch of shots! (5 shots in one day.) He immediately developed "Infantile Spasms," and his prognosis was not good at all.

Luckily, due to the internet and his insane parents, I was able to find a top Neurologist (Dr. Carney out of Shands in Gainesville, FL), and my son immediately got the medicines, therapy, and attention required to help him get better. Now, approximately 14 months later he is fully recovered!

Google Infantile Spasms. Kids dont recover like that. Also Google Dr. Carney. He is a God-Send!

Now, the poor babies original Neurologist (the only Pedi-Neuro in Tallahassee) scheduled him for a weekly injection and a follow up appointment in 6 months. That was it???? Dr. Carney scheduled him for 2 weeks of the injections, a daily seizure pill, 4 times per week physical and occupational therapy, and a follow up appointment every week with him, and an EEG on every Monday to track his improvement and adjust his Meds! THAT IS THE REASON MY SON GOT BETTER WHEN MOST KIDS DON'T!! DON'T TRUST YOUR DOCTOR, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND DEMAND REAL TREATMENT!!

Now, more on topic, Dr. Carney instructed us to not allow our children to get the typical vaccinations. They need the vaccinations, but they need SINGLE-DOSE VIALS (only ones guaranteed Thimerosal Free), and then need a max of one shot per week, not 5 at a time in an infants body!

Our kids will be vaccinated for school, but they will get the vaccines my way, on my schedule. We had to go through a few pediatricians before we found one that realized I was the boss! I also had to physically hold onto a Pediatricans tie and dial his phone and "force" him to talk and sign a paper and send a fax before I got my baby transferred to see Dr. Carney! The police eventually came, but I didn't care, my mission was accomplished! (I saw the same Pediatrician at a restaurant a couple of months later, and when they looked up and saw me, they left the restaurant!1
)

[edit on 24-5-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

For more information on the other side of the story, check my earlier post
MMR doctor Andrew Wakefield awaits punishment verdict

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
www.fda.gov...

Your Dr and the Press will tell you that the Vaccine does not contain Thimerosal. This is technically true, but the bottle does contain it! The injection does contain it! It is a matter of sneaky semantics!

Vaccine makers no longer include it in their vaccines, but when the Dr buys "multi-dose vials" the preservative is added to the vial.

The U.S. requirement for preservatives in multi-dose vaccines was incorporated into the CFR in January 1968, although many biological products had contained preservatives, including thimerosal, prior to this date. Specifically, the CFR states:

Products in multi-dose containers shall contain a preservative, except that a preservative need not be added to Yellow Fever Vaccine; Polio-virus Vaccine, Live Oral; viral vaccine labeled for use with the jet injector; dried vaccines when the accompanying diluent contains a preservative; or to an Allergenic Product in 50 percent or more volume (v/v) glycerin. [21 CFR 610.15(a)]

Thimerosal, which is approximately 50% mercury by weight, has been one of the most widely used preservatives in vaccines. It is metabolized or degraded to ethylmercury and thiosalicylate. Ethylmercury is an organomercurial that should be distinguished from methylmercury, a related substance that has been the focus of considerable study (see "Guidelines on Exposure to Organomercurials" and "Thimerosal Toxicity", below).

At concentrations found in vaccines, thimerosal meets the requirements for a preservative as set forth by the United States Pharmacopeia; that is, it kills the specified challenge organisms and is able to prevent the growth of the challenge fungi (U.S. Pharmacopeia 2004). Thimerosal in concentrations of 0.001% (1 part in 100,000) to 0.01% (1 part in 10,000) has been shown to be effective in clearing a broad spectrum of pathogens. A vaccine containing 0.01% thimerosal as a preservative contains 50 micrograms of thimerosal per 0.5 mL dose or approximately 25 micrograms of mercury per 0.5 mL dose.

They tell you it isn't there, and then 2 paragraphs later they tell you that it is there!

They tell you that it isn't allowed for children under 7 years of age, and then they tell you that it is in Flu Vaccine and is FDA approved as a preservative!

It was in the Swine Flu Vaccine as well!

The tell you it is harmless, and then they ban it? And then they allow them to use it anyway?

They tell you that the amount in each vaccine is harmless in such small doses, but then your doctor gives the kid 5 shots at once!! No longer such a small dose? Also, some kids weigh 18 lbs at 5 months old, but some weigh only 6 lbs!!!!

Why should a parent have to tell the Doctor what is in the Vaccine? Why should a parent have to do the math for the Doctor? Why should the parent have to tell the Doctor that 5 shots is a toxic dose, and that a baby that weighs 1/3rd of the average baby should probably be treated differently than another baby? A LOT OF DOCTORS ARE NO BETTER THAN FAST FOOD CLERKS!! THEY JUST SERVE THE STUFF, THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS IN IT OR HOW IT WILL AFFECT YOU!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
He's been banned from practicing? I've heared of doctors who have killed patients and not lost their licences- imo they are really making an example of him.

So Wakefield gets disbarred.. yet medical establishments seem to have just shrugged this guy off:

www.opposingviews.com...
The EPA study relied on previous studies to deny a link between autism and vaccines whatsoever. But there is a new wrinkle. NaturalNews.com reported April 12:

One of the central figures in the Center for Disease Control's claims about vaccine safety is reported to be under investigation by Danish police after almost $2 million turned up missing that was supposed to have been spent on research.

Dr. Poul Thorsen, one of the researchers involved in two highly publicized autism reports published in the influential New England Journal of Medicine, was accused of fraud last month. …

Thorsen's Danish studies from 2002 and 2003 are widely referred to by groups that dispute the vaccine connection to autism and nervous system disorders. …

Thorsen … is a psychiatrist and not a research scientist or toxicologist. ... In all, CDC is reported to have paid Thorsen's center $14.6 million since 2002. …

In addition, Thorsen's partner Kreesten Madsen recently came under fire after damning e-mails surfaced showing Madsen working with CDC officials intent on fraudulently cherry picking facts to prove vaccine safety.

While the CDC and co-authors of those studies insist on their veracity, liberals, who believe there is a link between autism and mercury in vaccines, called for an investigation:

"Questions about Thorsen's scientific integrity may finally force CDC to rethink the vaccine protocols since most of the other key pro-vaccine studies cited by CDC rely on the findings of Thorsen's research group," Robert F. Kennedy Jr. wrote on the Huffington Post. "The validity of all these studies is now in question."

See no evil, hear no evil.. unless it effects stock prices.

S&F

[edit on 24-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What you say is so true about Doctors in any field. The schools and big pharma are in bed together, teaching these new docs that this pill does this, this pill does that, this shot does this, just memorizing what is what. The doctors themselves hardly have a clue as to what is in the pill or shot and how it really affects the body. The docs of today treat the symptoms of disease not the direct cause or reason of the symptoms. For example, you've got cancer, lets cut it out, make ya radiate, and hope that you'll survive the follow-up treatment. They are treating the cancer but what about what caused the cancer, ie why isn't the body working right allowing the cancer to form in the first place. Natural Health, Holistic Medicine, they will treat the whole body not just the cancer.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The big pharma cartel at its finest, this people are mobsters they have no regard for the safety of children and neither adults that fall for their crap, wait for the new surge on children vaccinations to come to recoup from profit lost.

They are all criminals.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's about damn time.

He wasn't just mistaken, he was knowingly perpetrating a hoax that cost lives. He deserves time in a cell, at best.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
vaccines were called in one sentence with de-population by BILL GATES himself.... Be very VERY wary to inject your kids with sh*t you know jack about,... A baby's imune system only fully develops after he/she becomes 2... Thats when I started vaccinating my kids and luckily all went well... but i had to put up a real fight to have things done my way as well as pay for the vaccines out of my own pocket...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
1 in 110 children have autism, study finds

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.hrsa.gov...

National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program

Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries of Official Statistics

This is the data the drug industry do not want you to see. Here 2 centuries of UK, USA and Australian official death statistics show conclusively and scientifically modern medicine is not responsible for and played little part in substantially improved life expectancy and survival from disease in western economies.

The main advances in combating disease over 200 years have been better food and clean drinking water. Improved sanitation, less overcrowded and better living conditions also contribute. This is also borne out in published peer reviewed research:

childhealthsafety.wordpress.com...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

well dang, talk about CENSORSHIP.

is the UK becoming totalitarian?

No and if you really believe that then you have no idea what a Totalitarian state is.

The GMC isn't part of the Government, it's an independant body run my medical professionals, so it's hardly censorship or totalitarian.

Yet another example of knee jerk reactions from people who clearly don't understand that which they are reacting too.

This guy lied and made up evidence in his "study".

Whether there is a link with MMR and autism isn't the issue here, it's the fact he was down right dishonest and made up evidence to fit his own agenda. If a doctor is allowed to do that without punishment then whats to stop any other doctor from doing the same, thereby rendering all studies useless.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Big pharma does all the time to push their poison drugs and vaccination, do you see any repercussions on their actions and the death they cause every year?

Still how memories are so clouded, I guess the second flu pandemic is already forgotten and the lies behind it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This part kills me

And the panel hearing the case took exception with the way he gathered blood samples. Dr Wakefield paid children £5 for the samples at his son's birthday party.

Worst.Birthday party.Ever.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

No worst than big pharma taking advantage of poor families while paying the parents to have their children tested for new drugs and vaccine.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I accept your concession that this doctor is just as wrong in this instance as "big pharma" was in those instances.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Sad when you see deception everywhere, but is a bigger motive behind the discrediting of his findings than just exposing somebody that is causing harm.

Because we know that either way is harm been done to children around the world with vaccinations and prescribed drugs.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Nope, not at all. I was so scared of the swine flu I did absolutely nothing different than I did before. In fact, I was so scared of Swine flu, I went to work when I had it and refused my children and pregnant partner the vaccination.

Don't for one minute think, or even imply, that I think the Pharma companies and all the meds they push are whiter than white, but we're not exactly the medicated nation here in the UK that you in the US are.

For you guys, it seems to be normal to have a cabinet pull of pills in your bathrooms that you must take every morning. Here, I have sunblock and some plasters in mine. Seems to be the norm in most homes I go to. You might find some neurofen or some allergy tablets if your lucky.

Besides, this hearing wasn't about MMR and any links it may have, be that to autism or turning people gay. This hearing was about his professional misconduct and the lies he peddled as scientific fact after he made up a study.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Big pharma does all the time to push their poison drugs and vaccination, do you see any repercussions on their actions and the death they cause every year?

Still how memories are so clouded, I guess the second flu pandemic is already forgotten and the lies behind it.

The second Spanish Flu one in 1918? Or are you talking about the MSM flu, aka "Swine Flu"??
My town is the state capital, I worked for the Department of Health, I had 1000 people in my building, 3 supposedly had the flu? Of all my extended network of friends and family, I know of 2 confirmed cases? There was never an H1N1 pandemic. WHO declared it a Level 6 Pandemic, but then they immediately violated all of their own protocal and rules. According to their documents as Level 5 they would have started restricting travel. At Level 6 there would have been zero intercontinental non-essential travel. Non of that happened, because they knew there was no threat. All the press releases and reactions were symbolic only. Preparation for something to come perhaps?

In my old position at Department of Health, I rented warehouse space all over the state for flu pandemic supplies. We mobilized resources, issued press releases, and prepared for a huge vaccination campaign. We warned of vaccine shortages and then the day the vaccine arrived, we opened our doors, had a smattering of customers, mostly teachers and health workers. Then by day 2, we just sat there!
There was no interest in the vaccine. It was vastly wasted! Hooray to the citizens for using their own mind and will and ignoring the press for a change!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

My beef is that is also big malpractice and dishonest information coming from the big pharm when it comes to their drugs, do you see any big deal about that? at least in the UK many drugs has been banned, I guess they are smarter than the crocks here in the US drug pushers, yes you are right US is nothing but a big drug pusher and we and our children are paying for it.

Dishonest information is use to push agendas, but only works against those that are not part of the big deal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join