It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Smith

I am sorry but you have no idea of what you are talking about... Stop it with the freaking nuke idea...there might be some dumbass researcher/politician who might get it in his head to try this, and trust me there are such people.... Do you people put any thought to crazy ideas like this one?...

Using a nuke at the bottom of the ocean will increase the pressure exponentially of the oil and gases and this will open up more holes all over the bottom of the ocean not to mention that the ocean would now be irradiated, as well as ocean life, thanks to the toughtless idea from people like you...

Stop watching those sci-fi movies where they solve all problems in the world with a nuke... they also have no idea of what they are talking about.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

Ram

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So - the oil goes horizontal under ground? like tubes or something..?
damn...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Cant see the giant mushroom working im afraid. Think about it... its like a big bottle of champagne and we all know what corks do. Its bloody hard work to stop the flow of pressurised gas if you havent got an inline valve, im a gas engineeering technician, trust me its hard.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by Doctor Smith

I am sorry but you have no idea of what you are talking about... Stop it with the freaking nuke idea...there might be some dumbass researcher/politician who might get it in his head to try this, and trust me there are such people.... Do you people put any thought to crazy ideas like this one?...

Using a nuke at the bottom of the ocean will increase the pressure exponentially of the oil and gases and this will open up more holes all over the bottom of the ocean not to mention that the ocean would now be irradiated, as well as ocean life, thanks to the toughtless idea from people like you...

Stop watching those sci-fi movies where they solve all problems in the world with a nuke... they also have no idea of what they are talking about.

#

FYI. The Russians have used nukes to cap oil wells for years.

Ram

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What about these stones then - They are around that part of the globe anyway..

And nobody knows what they are for...

Could they do it - perhaps - Or are holes going to appear somewhere else?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The only viable natural solution that I can think of is to cover the hole, I am not even sure how large it is now, with large rocks right on top of the hole, and then add smaller, and smaller rocks until the ones at the surface would be sand. But this will use tons, upon tons of material and would take a long time to do. They should have started doing something like this since day 1.

Another thing they could do is they would need to install one or two pressure valves at least to partially stop the outpuring of the oil and gas and then seal it all with lots of hydraulic cement.

I know this, and they should know this too, although it is true that the pressure from the oil and gas might be too high to do this. But they should be trying not just wait for things to get worse, the pressure might not subsize for weeks and maybe even months, by then anything they try will be for no purpose.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunkered

FYI. The Russians have used nukes to cap oil wells for years.

I doubt they have done this in an ocean, and if they have please present evidence to this.

BTW, I just did a dearch for you and please don't tell me you take an obscure article from PRAVDA as proof that they have done this....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Our Government has the Core of Engineers... BP has an agenda. The less volume of oil/ gas split, the less or a civil burden they answer to. Meaning, use toxic dispersant to mask the surface spill, force reporters off beaches, refrain from showing the floor cam in the first place, under report/ underestimate numbers, and keep challengers of the clean up process at bay to avoid any witnesses.

This all goes towards damage claims. Use your brain.

I wonder if Loyd's of London insures against oil disasters...

I know it's easy to yell conspiracy on this site, but What does anyone have to gain by not jumping on this cleanup, Who and How.. figure that out and you'll have your answer.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunkered

You want to know how unsound your "theory" is? Tell us what happens when you shake, and shake, and keep shaking a champaign bottle? Does the pressure reduce, or does it increases? Now imagine what an ATOMIC WEAPON will do. It exponentially increases the pressure to a point that there will be several ruptures in the ocean floor and we would have to deal now not only with more holes, but also with radiation spreading in the oceans.

There is no need to use atomic weapons, the hole can be closed easily enough by using pressure valves, just to slow down enough the pressure and then to use hydraulic cement and will do the job.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Did did sale our ships for far land between 1800s and 1990s ? when was the last time we had solid care above our waste line ? This news is sad, Much like North Korea . Is there any good news left

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
How long would it take to manufacture 5,000 feet of industrial strength flexible pipeline? Going against that colossal pressure is the problem, would it be possible to capture the oil by placing a huge pipeline OVER the hole to guide the oil and then siphon it off at the surface?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think the idea of the nuke to close it off came from Russia having stopped 3 like that. I don't think it was some crazy sci-fi idea.

I don't know much about it, I just wanted to defend that idea. It isn't a totally irrational untested idea.

I don't think the Russians are so totally nefarious that they'd give us advice to destroy the ocean. In any event, if it really has worked before, it isn't irrational, and should be explored as an option.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

From what I have read on the oil workers' forums, that is correct. I'm just a beach person- not in any way connected to oil & gas, so I honestly don't know-know.

Someone just posted about this blog by Monkeyfist (or whatever) over at gcaptain. I am hoping that someone there will weigh in.
The last post there & what looked like it could be the threadkiller was one of the smartest guys (seems to me), Company man 1, asking everyone to pray. I took it as a normal thing to do- hopefully not an oh sh#t moment.
There is ZERO besides the posts at the original blog, the peak oil doomers site, FDL & Correntewire (I think all of these places have 1 or more members in common- so AFAIC, that's unconfirmed by anyone outside this circle. Which is why I asked here)

**Also. A nuke has been addressed & the serious guys agree that it is a crazy idea. Magnitudes worse than the dispersants.**

Okay. Company man 1 has asked 3 times in 20 minutes (if the time stamp is real time) asking if someone can confirm the link to Correntewire (a repost of the original). That makes me uneasy, but it doesn't mean anything until it does. This is the second post followed by his first reply. (the 3rd post only asks if anyone can confirm or deny)

"I just checked the live video feed & only saw them looking at the riser. It sure looked to me like there wasn't any decrease in flow on the riser. That doesn't guarantee the well didn't blow out outside of the casing, but the odds are it hasn't yet & may not.
Originally Posted by company man 1
I turned the video on early this morning before I went to bed & only saw flow coming out of the riser from BP feed."

That is my bold, not his.
Source

gcaptain.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
BTW, I have decided to send an email to the Obama administration about this and this is what I wrote.

"Why is it that BP is not trying to seal the hole? They are simply stalling because they want to find some other way of not having to seal the hole. They could install one or two pressure valves with a couple of ROVs with robotic arms, and the purpose for the pressure valves is to slow down the pressure enough to be able to pour hydraulic cement, which solidifies under a chemical reaction with water.

As for the oil that is in the water we could outfit several large boats to either syphon the water and oil together, and then separate them in a refinery, or we could refit large barges/boats with natural filters of different size rocks, and sand which will separate the oil from the water. The water could even be pumped back into the ocean meanwhile the oil stays trapped in the sand and rocks. That's what nature does, so why not use what nature teaches us?"

BTW, I left it open with my comment but it is obvious that BP hasn't done anything yet because they want to save the well, because once it is sealed you can't get in.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

jeese i posted this very solution weeks ago!
i think it has some promise...
Especially if the dia. of the top pipe is quite a bit larger than the bottom one...
if the pipe already runs continuously to the surface then there would be no clogging effect from the hydrate ice sic...
It stands to reason that the pressure in a much larger orfice tube would be more manageable...for later capping....
meantime it would shield the sea from taking on a good portion of what the well head is spueing....no?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by stirling]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It's impossible to ignore the "who benefits" forever.
-BP & oil companies in general when there is no longer an 'environment' to protect.
-If Katrina was a directed storm (Cyberspaceorbit posted microwave "maps" or whatever back when it happened- I want to say, from U of Wisconsin?) and NOLA came back anyway. (I can't shake the feeling that this is too many coincidences) Are they getting hit again? Google "geopolitical significance of New Orleans". There is a Stratfor paper that came out around or just after Katrina.

And this morning, wondering if this is some kind of game of chicken where Washington is trying to "shake down" BP (& other oil companies) for blood money. With cap & tax, that would be some 1-2, wouldn't it? On the one hand, they are in it together, but on the other, are we seeing (& the victims of) a power struggle here?

ETA the obvious- that BP is just stalling until that can get a recovery of the field set up & screw the Gulf, the critters & everyone around it. It's practically passive-aggressive.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Takamuri

Takamuri, I don't know if you are male or female, but if you have any intuition or gut reaction capability at all, take a look at this

bp.concerts.com...

This little muddafudda smirks & squelches to the point that I couldn't even watch the whole thing. He is giving a press conference & he does look at the camera ONCE.

I wish I had the piece with the video of the president of Jefferson Parish up. If you haven't seen that, he is Spot. On. The smell of crude is HEAVEN compared to the way this stinks.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Cant they build a magnetic field around the oil well so that the molecules are repelled by the magnetic field and pushed back into the well yet at the same time the pressure is allowed to escape through the field !

Would this work ?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My last post for awhile as I have to take care of dogs.

Google "major new eruption from bp oil spill". 3 blogs & the Examiner have picked it up. But this could still be coming off the original post. :-( Still crickets at gcaptain.

Pray or whatever, people.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

That won't do anything at all.

Second line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join