It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you found your star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So here is what i am thinking,

If you had to choose a star in the sky to represent you and your actions on this earth, which star would it be and where is it?

I believe that for every person born there is a star born also. Does anyone else agree with that?

So which is it!?

This may take forever to figure out. Mybe someone can help me out.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
For every person born, a star is born too.
I HOPE that is true! Because as an absolute minimum, we're looking at roughly 100 billion galaxies each with roughly 100 billion stars. That's just a ridiculous number of stars, don't bother putting a name to it (ten sextillion) or counting the zeros (22). If you're right then there's a whole lotta intelligent life out there.

Although then there's the problem of only having 10,000 or so stars visible with the naked eye on the clearest night. I guess in that case, I call dibs on Beta Aquirii, brightest star in the Aquarius constellation =)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

perhaps we do. thats a grand concept. only....they do look rather simular. id probably get confused as to which one is mine. but i dont mind sharing.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Sirius!!

I fell in love with that star! Whenever I go out with my telescope at night the first thing I do is looking at Sirius. It hypnotizes me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1db32d7353ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Many cultures have historically attached special significance to Sirius, particularly in relation to dogs. Indeed, it is often colloquially called the "Dog Star" as the brightest star of Canis Major, the "Great Dog" constellation. It was also classically depicted as Orion's dog.

The Ancient Greeks also thought that Sirius' emanations could affect dogs adversely, making them behave abnormally in the heat of summer ("Dog Days"--the Romans knew these days as dies caniculares and the star as Canicula, "little dog"). Their excessive panting was thought to place them at risk of desiccation and disease. In extreme cases, a foaming dog may have rabies, which could infect and kill humans who'd been bitten.

Homer, in the Iliad, describes the approach of Achilles toward Troy in those very terms:

Sirius rises late in the dark, liquid sky
On summer nights, star of stars,
Orion's Dog they call it, brightest
Of all, but an evil portent, bringing heat
And fevers to suffering humanity

[edit on 24/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My star resides in Texas!!! lol ....that's a personal joke....she'll get it!!!

No idea tbh.....the biggest and brightest there is I suppose?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I knew right when I saw the name of the thread what you would put lol...sweet!

There are two stars that catch my attention when I go out at night looking into the sky.
They are parallel to one another, and represent myself, and my lover to me...sometimes look like they are closer to eachother, and shine brighter on nights when my emotions are on high, one has a red tint to it at times!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Now that is beautiful!!!

new topics

top topics

join